Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Your Pet Pics #2 (DON'T QUOTE PICS!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Just when the kids head off to school & you think you can eat your crisps in peace.....

395809.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Ok so here are some pics of my guy Cody…
    Friday of last week we were woken at 4am with screaming (literally like a banshee), when I entered the kitchen he was standing all contorted (picture 1) the poor guy had urinated all over the kitchen (totally unlike him) and he refused to move from his position… :eek:
    By then he was whinging and crying (poor pet) yet he wouldn’t come near me or move out of this spot. I thought he has twisted gut etc. I know something was wrong.

After a while I lifted him on the couch… waiting for my vet to open… he cried and whinged while sleeping on my lap (he is VERY soft), EVENTUALLY vet open at 8am we were outside waiting… she took him in straight away, although once inside the vets door, no whinging or crying in fact he was jumping around…. :confused:

after general exam could find nothing actually wrong with him, as he’s 11.5 years of age we agreed on a battery of tests… full bloods, urine, abdomen ultra sound, x-rays etc.… turns out he had a kidney stone!!
    The poor guy must have been in a lot of pain passing that.

Second two pics are him not happy at all when he came back home… poor pet. (please excuse his bed, it was a little on the dirty side)... he even took "Harvey" his teddy to bed for a bit of comfort

The fright I got with the cries I can tell you it wasn’t for the faint hearted…
    one a positive note least she did loads of tests and looked to make sure nothing on toward was wrong plus she said for an 11.5 year old he is in great “nick” and very healthy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

^^^^ omg, every pet owners worst nightmare!
    POOR Cody (hes gorgeous, the sad little face of him in Pic 1 :() and poor you. Great to get a clean bill of health now, and good to know that it was "only" a gallstone (ouch!)
    Spoil him rotten today (or would he notice that hes being MORE spoiled?!)
    Did the vet mention how to prevent any more stones forming?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Thanks aonb!

I know the poor pet .. no the vet didn’t really go into much details at all she just said some breeds can be prone to them etc., he’s never had anything like this in all 11.5 years so I hoping this will be his first and last time.

I’ve been toying with the idea of moving him from his dried food (TOTW) over to RAW over the past few months and when I did a little research into the stones etc. , they “can ” be linked to feeding dried food diet etc., so Im currently in the process of moving him over to RAW.. he is only delighted..

Got in my chest freezer, ordered bulk from https://carnivorekellys.myshopify.com/ RAW already pre-mixed all we have to do is weigh and feed!
    I hoping the move over will help reduce the chances of this happening again – fingers crossed.

cocker5 wrote: »
    Thanks aonb!

I know the poor pet .. no the vet didn’t really go into much details at all she just said some breeds can be prone to them etc., he’s never had anything like this in all 11.5 years so I hoping this will be his first and last time.

I’ve been toying with the idea of moving him from his dried food (TOTW) over to RAW over the past few months and when I did a little research into the stones etc. , they “can ” be linked to feeding dried food diet etc., so Im currently in the process of moving him over to RAW.. he is only delighted..

Got in my chest freezer, ordered bulk from https://carnivorekellys.myshopify.com/ RAW already pre-mixed all we have to do is weigh and feed!
    I hoping the move over will help reduce the chances of this happening again – fingers crossed.

aww thats so cute!
    At his age (and great shape hes in!) he deserves to have a yummy diet!!
    Hope all goes well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,513 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

getting big now!
    (and sorta creepy in photos cos his eyes are always invisible with all the hair)
    20160906_210501_zpslxznx79x.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

getting big now!
    (and sorta creepy in photos cos his eyes are always invisible with all the hair)

Ah yes, the joy of trying to photograph a black dog! (or a dog with black bits).

I took Finn to the dog park for the first time today and got chatting to some lovely people. He acted like a 4 year old on his first day of school but he did make a friend, who then tried to climb into my bag. Smelling of treats at a dog park makes you a very popular human, it seems.

There's the Great White Dope on the left

FinnPark_zpsqygak9kk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Capercaillie

Waiting to blow out candles on his fillet steak! My loyal friend the Tintin. Had testicular cancer this year, cured. Has bad heart value problem (last 3 years) but stable. Has liver/kidney failure and going to vets tonight to get blood test to see how bad. Hopefully not his last birthday:(
    or2iwn.jpg
    Edit: Blood results back, going into kidney failure. Won't be a 15th birthday:(:(:(
    f2uijs.jpg
    The immortal Tintin has graced us with another year. Can't really believe he has done it. He is in relatively good form. Still looking for his walks everyday and his super nuggles every 10 minutes. On a home made renal diet of mince meat, jasmine rice, eggs, egg shells, carrots, parsnips, crushed multivitamin tablets and omega-three oil. Along with his cardiac medications. Birthday Fillet steak was a super treat for him and even exceeded his protein intake for the day!
    Death to the enemies of the Tintin! He will outlive them all...............

ah thats great! he looks fantastic!
    to hell with diets on his special day! On my dogs 17th birthday plate, we blew every rule out of the park :D
    Um whats that on his plate beside the steak?!? Looks like chips?
    Wish Tintin another good year xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

tin tin has made me so happy!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Capercaillie

aonb wrote: »
    ah thats great! he looks fantastic!
    to hell with diets on his special day! On my dogs 17th birthday plate, we blew every rule out of the park :D
    Um whats that on his plate beside the steak?!? Looks like chips?
    Wish Tintin another good year xxx
    Not chips, but roast potatos. He didn't eat them till his fillet steak was finished. A great age for your dog, 17!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,513 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

getting big now!
    http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww29/chriswilliams115/20160906_210501_zpslxznx79x.jpg

had a super tight shave at the weekend, especially around his face as his mouth was getting manky, can see his eyes now! Looks like a different dog though!
    20160910_161806_zps4u1m10im.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Chuckie, my African Grey.

2z6z894.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

This little lady chatters even more then the Furby

396834.jpg

my babies <3

Raven and Ralph :)
    Fotor_147263935180663_zpsmqcwwhvc.jpg

Fotor_14735206196051_zpsbrhtyxgf.jpg

Fotor_147229022171062_zpszgryidm5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭sdp

girls helping in veg garden and Molly telling Tobs the rules!
    [IMG][/img]008edea0-77df-4f5c-b4df-a9eee23e0218_zpsinz08bnf.jpg
    [IMG][/img]6d994d50-c4a4-4bc2-b0ea-c14b47d5a025_zps2mboxxpc.jpg
    [IMG][/img]45713218-93a9-4d7f-b0bd-fa5058385ae8_zpscuxb1wsc.jpg
    [IMG][/img]845f270f-4dfc-4454-b641-8fd0b9878930_zps4ffk26k7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,308 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Georgie tried to pee on a Dead Crab today.

He Missed:p, but was too quick for the camera.

Pee_zps58hsvbur.jpg

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

This is possibly,
    The best photo,

I have ever taken.

Ralph, Daisy, Raven - Dollymount beach, Clontarf :) Today!

bestphoto_zpsmub9rioo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 31,915 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm thinking of the Three Best Friends song from The Hangover now!

i found a better one!!

Fotor_147413079017626_zpswrtviled.jpg

• Advertisement

fab photo - happy dogs!

(Ralph has turned into an absolute beauty :))

aonb wrote: »
    fab photo - happy dogs!

(Ralph has turned into an absolute beauty :))

He really has hasn't he :)

From the not so sad rescue pup to the extremely happy teenage dog!!

Really couldn't have asked for a better madra! him and Raven are besties!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Leo, thinking he's people again :D

fmC0zXt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

EDIT - adding the title here too as I realised it doesn't show up on the touch site so the photo has no context lol!!!

":( I heard some fireworks :'( "
    1 2 3.... Awwwwwww!!

It'd bring a tear to a glass eye! :o

397844.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

So, we've added to our little family.

398243.jpg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Oh my goodness he/she is beautiful!! Congrats on the new addition :)

Oh my goodness he/she is beautiful!! Congrats on the new addition :)

Isn't she pretty? Her eyes are HUGE! She has a bad limp from a broken paw when she was little. It healed wrong but it doesn't stop her zooming around! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

So, we've added to our little family.

:D

You manage to find the cutest furries ever!

Lucyfur wrote: »
    You manage to find the cutest furries ever!

:cool:

The mad thing is, though, that every animal we've had was left on the shelf or has something "wrong" with them. Isabella was as adult when we got her, and nobody wanted her because she was a "biter" (she SO wasn't a biter). Same with Twitch. Shade was on the rescue website for 6 months before we fell in love with her, with some people saying that she "wasn't a full cat" because she only has one eye :confused::mad:. This new little lady has a badly healed front paw which means she limps and slips a little when she's jumping. She came from a very loving home who just couldn't keep her, sadly. Well, luckily for us because she's so perfect in our eyes! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I'm always drawn to the quirky ones too! And nothing makes me want an animal more than other people saying "oh there's something wrong with that cat/dog/hamster/fire breathing dragon" :D

Advertisement