Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Your Pet Pics #2 (DON'T QUOTE PICS!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

blade1 wrote: »
    Is Bella also a psycho?:pac:

Bella was lying on her mat this evening. She then jumped 5 foot in the air and banged her head off the wall.

Why did she jump? A fly landed on her :pac:

MozC8VJh.jpg

Edit: how do I make a picture smaller?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

433583.jpg
    Going to need a bigger bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

^^^^^ poor little dogs, having to squish into one bed like that - such misery
    :D:D:D:D:D
    course you do know, that if you buy a really expensive, huge bed, they'll ignore it and cram themselves into this teeny one :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

Milo went down to visit his friends today- my parents' dogs- and he had trouble getting comfortable on the little couch in the kitchen :D

I've also added a picture of Ella our 9 and a half year old husky. She's just so gorgeous! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭hairyslug

JCFe4XE.jpg

We don't have a name yet.

3 dogs ignored him completely.

My wife started working for an spca a few months back, when we only had bren. I should have known this was going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

A spoonful of peanut butter on one of these mats = 10mins peace!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭em_cat

Bells21 wrote: »
    A spoonful of peanut butter on one of these mats = 10mins peace!

Eh what kind of mat & where can I get one, like now this minute?????

My little chap needs one....

em_cat

It's just a silicone trivet/pot stand from Amazon. Only €5 for a pack of two. Can be thrown in the dishwasher too after.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Isn't peanut butter in all forms dangerous for dogs?

• Advertisement

Not if given sparingly as a treat. Too much can cause pancreatitis. But so could almond butter & avacado.

As long as there's no xylitol in it then it's safe. The one I use is pure nut butter. I don't give it in large amounts, hence the mat. A very small amount lasts quite a while.

As far as I'm aware avocado can be dangerous for dogs. The membrane type substance between the flesh and the stone contains a substance that can cause problems.

I forgot about the bit about the avacado, I use to give our previous pooch a little taste but; she loved it.

I make my own PB as I was reared with the type that separates, so can’t stand the commercial ones with sugar. Same with all nut butters; tis only my pooch & I that eat nut butters anyhow. My hubby thinks peanut butter is vile. Oh well more for me and our lil’ chap!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Capercaillie

2vcj7up.jpg
    Came back home from work on Friday and poor Tintin was freezing, even though he had his normal coat on and was in his bed.

Went shopping and bought a super warm coat and a new comfy bed. As photo shows the Tintin gives his approval.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

He looks so comfie :)

My elderly guy used to really suffer from feeling cold, even with his coat and warmest bed. I used to put a really thick pad of newspaper on the floor, then an old wool blanket, then his bed on top. Just for an extra layer of insulation. (Sometimes there can be a bit of cold air coming up through the small spaces between floorboards)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Capercaillie

aonb wrote: »
    He looks so comfie :)

My elderly guy used to really suffer from feeling cold, even with his coat and warmest bed. I used to put a really thick pad of newspaper on the floor, then an old wool blanket, then his bed on top. Just for an extra layer of insulation. (Sometimes there can be a bit of cold air coming up through the small spaces between floorboards)
    Will try the news papers, every little bit helps!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,011 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

It's a dog's life.
    IMG_20171125_192145570.jpg

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Awh Tintin you're such a handsome doggy in your new coat :)

Milo also loves his bed...and comfort!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

jellybear wrote: »
    Awh Tintin you're such a handsome doggy in your new coat :)

Milo also loves his bed...and comfort!

Hah! Took me a minute to find Milo, so snug :)

Hah! Took me a minute to find Milo, so snug :)

He loves being wrapped up as much as possible! !:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

That there is serious ninja snuggle skills :D How i wish i still had my wee one.

That there is serious ninja snuggle skills :D How i wish i still had my wee one.

Haha I couldn't see him either. I was thinking "huh?! Thats just an empty bed". Milo in stealth mode!

I think we'll have to reteach Bella what a bed is all about.
    One of my friends recently got a Chilli Dog fleece for her permanently cold lurcher, I think it was from Happy Tails Natural Treats page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

image.jpeg

Dogs in dog beds would be a novelty here, dogs on sofas on the other hand...

Dogs in dog beds would be a novelty here, dogs on sofas on the other hand...

Nope, doesn't look comfortable at all!

Also, dogs in human beds! Just a few from the large collection I have!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

Oh yes, I know about that too

434582.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Poor Cody had a hard Saturday at Hydro Therapy....

Haven't posted for a while, but this is Snickers. 9 years old.

20171127_193602_600x800.jpg

Might be hard to see but two large lumps appeared on his chest recently (quite quickly). He is heading for surgery tomorrow as the vet advised to get them out - no idea yet what they are, but we'll see what tomorrow brings.

• Advertisement

Fingers crossed for Snickers! He's gorgeous!!!

Advertisement