Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Your Pet Pics #2 (DON'T QUOTE PICS!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,018 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I can see them!

Good luck tomorrow!

Fingers crossed for Snickers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

snickers=great name
    Fingers crossed they're just fatty/cyst types.
    Hes a beautiful boy
    let us know how it goes

Hes lovely! Good luck snickers!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Best wishes to Snickers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

Warm wishes for a happy outcome for the lovely Snickers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Capercaillie

Good luck snickers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

Good luck Snickers ���� hopefully it’s a thing and nothing as my mother used to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

Best of luck snickers!!

Very sore Snickers this evening after the operation. We'll know more in 5 days but the nurse thinks it's cancer. Poor pup, breaks my heart to hear him in pain.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

DÃ&#179 wrote: »
    Very sore Snickers this evening after the operation. We'll know more in 5 days but the nurse thinks it's cancer. Poor pup, breaks my heart to hear him in pain.

Oh no, how old is he?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,018 ✭✭✭✭anewme

poor pet, so sorry to hear.

Thinking of you and snickers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭jellybear

Awh I'm so sorry to hear that. Will be thinking of you and Snickers x

Ah no, poor Snickers :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Dónal wrote: »

hopefully its just the horrible disorientation from coming out of the anaesthic? Has he been given pain meds? Im sure you know to keep him on a comfortable bed (preferably on the floor), and a waterbowl nearby, and maybe a bit of boiled chicken/rice or scrambled eggs, to tempt him when hes feeling inclined to eat something. He might need some help to get out to the toilet, you might expect an accident or two overnight. Has he got a dreaded cone on?

Poor Snickers, poor you. Hopefully the results wont be as bad as nurse thinks.

Sorry to hear this. Poor snickers. Really hoping the nurse is wrong. Keep us updated.

His wound started bleeding a bit and didn't stop for an hour, so I brought him in to UCD vet hospital just there. He'll be admitted overnight and will get some blood and plasma transfusions.

Awh Dónal you poor thing. It's so, so tough. Mind yourself and I hope Snickers is feeling much better by the morning. Sending lots of positive thoughts to the handsome Snickers.

Milo sends lots of love to his lurcher kin :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

His wound started bleeding a bit and didn't stop for an hour, so I brought him in to UCD vet hospital just there. He'll be admitted overnight and will get some blood and plasma transfusions.

Fingers crossed for Snickers i had a cancer scare with my pup in September, Vet said she was 95% sure it was tonsil cancer - thank god she was wrong XX

Please god Snickers will be ok XX

Not a great update - looking like we'll be saying goodbye to Snickers tomorrow. Lump that was removed was the tip of the ice berg.

I'll stop posting here as this is a fun thread and I don't want to be a downer. Here's another photo of Snickers the night before his operation.

20171127_212742_800x600.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Capercaillie

Not a great update - looking like we'll be saying goodbye to Snickers tomorrow. Lump that was removed was the tip of the ice berg.

I'll stop posting here as this is a fun thread and I don't want to be a downer. Here's another photo of Snickers the night before his operation.

:( Poor snickers...

Awh my heart is broken for you. Sitting here in tears as I know exactly what you are going through. Please give Snickers a cuddle from all of us in the animals part of boards as we are really one big family here. Will be thinking of you and I'm so, so sorry you are going through this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

Ah Donal,

That is very sad. My thoughts are with you.

TT

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Dónal, everyone here can understand how you're feeling now... Such unbearable sadness and dread of what's ahead.
    Snickers is such a lucky fella to have enjoyed life's comforts with you, as every dog should.
    Good luck Dónal, take care.

I'm so sorry Donal. Poor Snickers. My heart goes out to you :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

I'm sorry to hear about Snickers :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

So very sorry to hear about Snickers. :(

Take care Dónal..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

So sad to hear that Donal. I lost my aul lad (13 year old Springer) at exactly this time last year too and I still remember the day as if it was yesterday. Horrible thing to have to go through. Only thing that consoled me was that I was saving him any suffering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭Tony H

Hoping for good news for Snickers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭Tony H

We decided to get another Golden , we are still grieving over our last one but the happy memories are pushing the sad ones away , anyway meet Alfie

Advertisement