Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Summerslam 2015 live thread

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Way better match then the one at WM by far already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Glorious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Taker he's just the best. Brock is also quality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Haha Taker laughing was awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

hahahahaa. cant wait for the gif of that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Sting and Kane to appear :P

The ring posts more or less guarantee it.

Please someone make a gif of Lesnar and Taker laughing at each other!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Damn this match is brilliant stuff.

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Please someone make a gif of Lesnar and Taker laughing at each other!

That one is gona get so much Milage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Damn this match is brilliant stuff.

It's everything the mania match should've been.

Ugh I get that Taker is supposed to be more motivated as he has nothing to lose, but having him kick out of a 3rd F5 so soon after the 2nd is ridiculous.

Vince you son of a bitch

Jon Stewart at the bell?!?!?!

wtf is this ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

Ok????? :confused:

What the fcuking fcuk was that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

What the **** was that?

Hon the **** taker ya old whoore ya. Rubber match at survivor series or mania perhaps

WHAT THE ****

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Regardless of the actual finish, Taker shouldn't have won this, with the streak gone his value is minimal and I think heading into next Wrestlemania on a loss would've been more interesting. They were absolutely desperate to not make Lesnar look weak (and rightly so), but they should've just gone the whole way and had him win.

Shaking my head like crazy right now.

WHY?!!!?!?!

Someone get the ****thiscompany.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,210 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Undertaker tapped out!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Sting vs Taker now at WM or a rubber match with Brock.

They went for the Austin at WM 13 ending.

WHY?!!!?!?!

Someone get the ****thiscompany.gif

deStHJp.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Well that show was a disappointment.

NXT smashed them into the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

fjYD5Dl.gif

Taker's face is going to give me nightmares.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Well that finish was something of a farce

J. Marston wrote: »
    fjYD5Dl.gif

Taker's face is going to give me nightmares.
    It gets funnier everytime I see it, I can't even right now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Was expecting Lesnar to beat the **** out of Undertaker after he lost, with Kane coming out to save him. Double choke slam to Lesnar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I....I don't get it. Who thought that ending was a good idea?

I don't care about Taker winning, but ending it like that doesn't do anything for either man. 'taker looks like a heel and gets a pure fluke win while Lesnar looks like an idiot for letting the move go.

How many screwy finishes where there tonight? One is grand, but tonight just felt full of them.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I don't care about Taker winning, but ending it like that doesn't do anything for either man. 'taker looks like a heel and gets a pure fluke win while Lesnar looks like an idiot for letting the move go.

How many screwy finishes where there tonight? One is grand, but tonight just felt full of them.

To be fair to lesnar he let the move go as he felt taker tapping and heard the bell ring. It's a logical assumption he had it won.

Was there just 2 screwy finishes? The unification match was always gonna have one. And at least the taker one was a new one.

Due to the way this match ended I wouldn't be surprised if the rubber is at survivor series to mark takers 25 year anniversary in a last man standing match

There was that BS ending, there was the Jon Stewart interference in the unification bout and then there was a double count out in the Ziggler vs Rusev match. As the OSW boys would say... fuuuuuucccccckkkkk yeeeewwwww!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

It was like we were watching battleground or some other B ppv where they are just trying to keep feuds going until the big ppv the next month.

It's pretty easy what they were thinking. Taker had to win for politics, even the score and all that. But Brock is on a monster push and we don't want to ruin any of his momentum as he is by far the best draw right now. Giving those 2 considerations you come up with this. A match both won kinda. It's stupid but there you go.
    Brock winning clean was of course the far superior option but 0% chance of that happening.

Either way it'll be interesting when Paul Heyman goes absolutely nuts on the mic on Raw...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

https://www.facebook.com/Jerichobook/videos/491610780998106/

Taker collapsed when walking to the back.

To be fair, I'd probably die if I was a ring with Brock for more than 20 seconds. :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Had to watch that twice to see it properly. Looks like he got straight back up though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

What is the likelihood that he was trolling the audience by dropping to his knees just as he exited? I really enjoyed that match anyway, the ending was strange but didn't bother me much.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Lots of odd decisions booking wise but I really enjoyed the show overall! Divas was a snooze but everything else I enjoyed.

EDIT: That top rope suplex into the falcon arrow by Rollins was a thing of absolute beauty btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Rollins/Cena the match of the night for me. Would have preferred a clean win for Rollins but at least he did pick up the win, even if it made no sense.

Hated the ending of Lesnar/Undertaker, it just throws all logic out the window. He rang the bell because he saw the tapout that the referee didn't... so where was he for the end of the Cena/Rollins match, when the ref was knocked out and Cena had the 3-count? Great match ruined by a screwy finish

Surely it's better to leave fans annoyed at the result of the final match as opposed to being confused by it?

Other than that, I enjoyed Orton/Sheamus, the tag team fatal 4 way and Cesaro/Owens. Ambrose/Reigns vs Wyatt/Harper wasn't bad, but not amazing. The rest I found hard to get too excited about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Virtanen wrote: »
    fans annoyed at the result of the final match as opposed to being confused by it?

Agreed, must have been a sickener for the live crowd. Wrestling should never be complicated, that's part of its appeal.

Anyway

New Day are amazing

VI5RBlS.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

On balance I really enjoyed the show there a lot of enjoyable moments and some strong performances sadly WWE WWE'd some of the finishes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Well that PPV was awful

Well that PPV was awful
    Think you need a while to get over the anger of the ending and then look back at it. It was not an awful PPV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement