Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a windows licence.

• 24-08-2015 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

I recently bought an Asus Eeebox PC from a bloke on adverts, I want to use it for college work but also to install Kodi and use it as a media machine.

The PC works fine but when I bought it the bloke said that it had windows on it and that it was ready to be upgraded from windows 7 to 10, but when I got it home it only had windows that needed to be activated! And is nearly due to pass the 30 day activation time.
    I don't have a licence key myself and it will cost me over €100 to buy a licence which is something I can't afford right now, so I was wondering is there anyone on boards that might have a licence that they could share with me? I know they offer a family licence so you can use it on several machines and was hoping someone had a spare one of these?
    It would be really appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

DanC90 wrote: »
    I recently bought an Asus Eeebox PC from a bloke on adverts, I want to use it for college work but also to install Kodi and use it as a media machine.

The PC works fine but when I bought it the bloke said that it had windows on it and that it was ready to be upgraded from windows 7 to 10, but when I got it home it only had windows that needed to be activated! And is nearly due to pass the 30 day activation time.
    I don't have a licence key myself and it will cost me over €100 to buy a licence which is something I can't afford right now, so I was wondering is there anyone on boards that might have a licence that they could share with me? I know they offer a family licence so you can use it on several machines and was hoping someone had a spare one of these?
    It would be really appreciated.

Get one on Reddit for about 25 USD....

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

Fieldog wrote:
    Get one on Reddit for about 25 USD....

Is there a subreddit specifically for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

DanC90 wrote: »
    Is there a subreddit specifically for this?

Yeah dude,

Have an oul Google :)

http://bfy.tw/1RUb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

please just buy a license key and dont steal

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement