Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal v Liverpool mnf 8pm sky sports 1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Quazzie wrote: »
    How is it irrelevant?. We've kept Liverpool from scoring, whereas Liverpool needed the Linesman do that. Liverpool haven't scored. Arsenal have. Be hypothetical all you want but that's the facts.

I think you will find Arsenal haven't scored unless you want to change the rules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Surprised at how bad Arsenal have been. Been caught out in central midfield far too often. Ozil does not look like he wants to be on the pitch.

Koscielny and Mertesacker are a huge part of how we play if you watch us a lot. A lot of our goals start with a Mertesacker pass or a Koscielny dribble. Take both out and you've a raw youngster paired with a relatively new centre half whose first language isn't English. I'd doubt AW very much planned for them to play together in a game of this magnitude this early.

As I've said the unsettling effect has translated to the whole team. We're not controlling the ball in our own final third thus Sanchez and Ozil are coming deep for it and being made look ineffectual.

The hope is we can only improve. Important 15 mins for the team and manager to figure out a way to get their **** together and get in the game. Would probably be bringing on Arteta tbh. No idea for who though. You'd have to keep Coquelin on which means either Ozil or Cazorla.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

chambers is gonna score the winner isnt he

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Surprised at how bad Arsenal have been. Been caught out in central midfield far too often. Ozil does not look like he wants to be on the pitch.

There has been much worse players than Ozil in that Arsenal team tonight. I find it amazing how everybody picks out Ozil as the worst :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Gringo180 wrote: »
    There has been much worse players than Ozil in that Arsenal team tonight. I find it amazing how everybody picks out Ozil as the worst :pac:

Suppose it's because of the expectation around him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

That_Guy wrote: »
    Liverpool have been brilliant. A lot more convincing than the first couple of games anyway. Offside goal aside, Liverpool should be out of sight.

Lucas.

It allows Milner to do what he's best at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

5starpool wrote: »
    There were no goals scored in the first half.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I think you might have typical "Liverpool vision" where they conveniently miss parts of the game where they were poor, but Arsenal actually had the ball in the back of the net.
    niallo27 wrote: »
    I think you will find Arsenal haven't scored unless you want to change the rules.

It's easy to stay in contention when you have linesmen to make bad decision to make ye look good two weeks in a row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Fits the narrative. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

That Cech save from Benteke is one of the best I've ever seen, certainly in a game I've seen live. Absolutely World Class and I can't even be that pissed off about it. .

It was like when he made that save from Andy Carroll in the FA Cup. Looked so impossible that you just have to tip your hat

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

How is it irrelevant?. We've kept Liverpool from scoring, whereas Liverpool needed the Linesman do that. Liverpool haven't scored. Arsenal have. Be hypothetical all you want but that's the facts.

I'll look at the stats rather than facts. Ye haven't looked threatening since that moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

When you pay 50-60 million for a player expectations are higher.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I think you might have typical "Liverpool vision" where they conveniently miss parts of the game where they were poor, but Arsenal actually had the ball in the back of the net.

Pot/kettle.

1-3 would have been a fair reflection of play in the first half.

Second half could be very different though obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Ozil is trying to pick out through balls into the box but Giroud is always too deep to latch onto them.

Arsenal just need to start booting the ball. Half their problems start when passing from the back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Gomez doing well defensively, can see his weaknesses on the attack though, has had opportunities to play through balls but has opted for the safety pass instead. Can't blame him to be honest, but it's been his biggest/only failing so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Gomez looked very poor a few times there. Like he didn't know what to do with the ball on the attack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

niallo27 wrote: »

Or in liverpools case, bend them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Gomez looks like he's morphing into Don King.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Gomez doing well defensively, can see his weaknesses on the attack though, has had opportunities to play through balls but has opted for the safety pass instead. Can't blame him to be honest, but it's been his biggest/only failing so far

To be honest I'd rather his weakness be going forward. We've had problems with full backs who were the opposite, such as Johnson and Moreno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Gomez looked very poor a few times there. Like he didn't know what to do with the ball on the attack.

He's not great offensively. A right footed center back, playing left back, and only 18 though.

He's been pretty damn impressive so far.

efb wrote: »

Not Liverpool's fault the linesman made a mistake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

He is a centre half in fairness

What exactly have Liverpool done to "bend the rules"? It's the fault of the linesman and nobody else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

It's ok, I think Howard Webb might come out of retirement, and we'll see the return of Fergie Time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Knex. wrote: »
    He's not great offensively. A right footed center back, playing left back, and only 18 though.

He's been pretty damn impressive so far.

Ah OK, didn't realise he wasn't a full back.

Not Liverpool's fault the linesman made a mistake

Two in two games...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Dry your eyes

He is a centre half in fairness

Yup, as I said, can't blame him. It's just about the only weakness in his game in that position though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

He's such a scapegoat, it's absolutely ridiculous at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

He's unable or unwilling to chance a pass or cross with his left, serious limitation at LB.

• Advertisement

Two in two games...

My point remains. Are you suggesting it is Liverpool's fault?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Lee Dixon having a go at the "good touch for a big man" cliche.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

In all fairness to him, the reason he hasn't played the through balls is due to most of them being on his left foot, which evidently isn't his strongest.

Two in two games...

Yes, Liverpool have bribed the officials and have bribed Arsenal to play appallingly.

My point remains. Are you suggesting it is Liverpool's fault?

I'm suggesting Liverpool get more than the uib of the green

Two in two games...

What, do you really think there's a conspiracy or something?
    I'm suggesting Liverpool get more than the rib of the green

Could maybe potentially agree if both were at Anfield - but away to Arsenal? Nah, not having that. Linos make mistakes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Great work from Gomez there...super player

corwill wrote: »
    He's unable or unwilling to chance a pass or cross with his left, serious limitation at LB.

Maldini never used his left he didn't do too bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Arsene Wenger is that you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Borini gave all the officials a go off his sister.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

You've got to love Alexis. Gets taken down (wasn't a foul) but he doesn't stay on the ground protesting, he's straight back on his feet running 50 yards down the field to try and win the ball back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Its great to have 2 full backs that can defend. Been a while since Liverpool have had that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

brevity wrote: »
    Lee Dixon having a go at the "good touch for a big man" cliche.

Better commentator than he is pundit.

Much more promising from Arsenal. Game very open though with Liverpool on the counter.

Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg

Give me my hat back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

He's a right footed centre-half filling in at LB. I don't think you can expect him to bomb down the wing pinging in crosses. For now I'm happy enough with him being solid there.

I'm Bored now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

GreNoLi wrote: »
    Better commentator than he is pundit.

Ya, really enjoying listening to him actaully.

Benteke is excellent Christ I wasn't a fan but am warning to him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Arsenal drawing Clyne infield and using that space to attack.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement