Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal v Liverpool mnf 8pm sky sports 1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Neither do Arsenal :rolleyes:

Öh really...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

niallo27 wrote: »
    Liverpool showed two years ago anyone could challenge and they have a more balanced team now. Milner adds so much and couthinho is lethal.

Not a chance your better now Niallo, Suarez, Sterling and Sturridge were immense your much more flat footed now, way too much long ball to really challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Henry would bore you to tears.

No need for him there at all

Totally, he ruins the dynamic that Carra and Neville have.

Henry is practically acting like the host now rather than a pundit. Maybe that's where he'd be better off actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Would have been happy with a point at the start but can't help but feel that Liverpool should have had the game wrapped up by half time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

efb wrote: »
    They don't have a world class player

True but hard work and the right system will get you a long way.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Not finely balanced drawing games. I would never leave a game early.

Liverpool were playing down the clock, Arsenal didn't look like scoring... It was on edge alright...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I know it's early but Chelsea don't look the same and city can self destruct at anytime.

A Liverpool fan accusing another team of self destructing is a bit rich no?

True but hard work and the right system will get you a long way.

One world class player nearly won you the league singlehandedly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Not really. Most games are done by them

Why are you trying to defend the sh*tty Arsenal fans who left the game early?

If it was 4-0 to either side, then yeah it might be acceptable to go, but at 0-0 vs Liverpool? That's a f*ckin joke.

I'd say the same if the same thing happened at Anfield btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

quarryman wrote: »

Who do you have to support to have an opinion on Chelsea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

cson wrote: »
    Liverpool are a different team with Skrtel at the back.

Give me Toure and Lovren/Sakho all day long. :pac:

he is and has been our best CB for a few years now

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Henry would bore you to tears.

No need for him there at all

I'd say he's only there to appease the Arsenal fans aggrieved at seeing only a former Utd and Liverpool player in the studio.

If it was 4-0 to either side, then yeah it might be acceptable to go, but at 0-0 vs Liverpool? That's a f*ckin joke.

If I was at the game I would have left at 82, it was 0-0 nailed on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Carragher commenting on Arsenal's front 6.

Only one team has the ball in the back of then net kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

The tube does be a nightmare.

• Advertisement

Who listens to pundits? I just watch the match and leave it at that

Öh really...

Being honest, Cech, Koscielny and Sanchez are your world class players. Özil is quite sh*t; I'd rather little Phil at Liverpool than him.

I'd say he's only there to appease the Arsenal fans aggrieved at seeing only a former Utd and Liverpool player in the studio.

I'd say that couldn't be any further from the truth

Carragher commenting on Arsenal's front 6.

Only one team has the ball in the back of then net kid.

...you know what pundits do, right?

If I was at the game I would have left at 82, it was 0-0 nailed on.

Nice to see you had faith in your team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Maybe a draw was a fair result but Liverpool hanging on by their fingertips for the last 3rd of the game. A little more cutting edge and Arsenal would have been out of sight.

Interesting to see the change in tactics from Liverpool this season. Total-football-Brendan seems to have turned into Grind-it-out-Brendan. Relying on a set piece to win and then close shop.

Could be a better strategy this season...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Didn't catch the game but can't help but be disappointed with that result. Should be beating teams like that.

But the plus side is The Invincibles remain unbeaten.

Nothing about the offside goal.

Soups123 wrote: »
    I'd say that couldn't be any further from the truth

Care to fill me in as to why he's there then? Because that's the only reason I can see why he's there.

JustTheOne wrote: »

Already covered it at half time. Im sure they'll get to it again.

Nice to see you had faith in your team

Nive to see I can see how a game is developing...

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Already covered it at half time.

Sure they covered cechs saves then and afterI

I just mean their rambling about arsenal not scoring goals forgetting they scored a perfectly good one.

Being honest, Cech, Koscielny and Sanchez are your world class players. Özil is quite sh*t; I'd rather little Phil at Liverpool than him.

Özil is quite shït??? We're done...

Remember the City fans clambering back into the Etihad when they heard the screams after Aguero's goal? I'm sure plenty of those lads had the same ability aswell.

Maybe a draw was a fair result but Liverpool hanging on by their fingertips for the last 3rd of the game. A little more cutting edge and Arsenal would have been out of sight.

Interesting to see the change in tactics from Liverpool this season. Total-football-Brendan seems to have turned into Grind-it-out-Brendan. Relying on a set piece to win and then close shop.

You obviously havent seen Liverpool play the past 3 years. Total football it never was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Or the Benteke penalty. Poor analysis all around so far.

Care to fill me in as to why he's there then? Because that's the only reason I can see why he's there.

He's there because he was a world class player in the PL looking for pundit work.

The best pundits are the unbiased ones, Neville gets it Carragher not so much.

Henry was hired to improve the sky brand

Christ, I dunno about you, but I was biting my fingernails off right to the death! Both with constant Arsenal's pressing around the box, and Liverpool's break from Moreno.

I'm talking about the arsenal can't score at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Didn't catch the game but can't help but be disappointed with that result. Should be beating teams like that.

But the plus side is The Invincibles remain unbeaten.

You must be talking about PNE because Arsenal lost the first game.

Özil is quite shït??? We're done...

What does he contribute to Arsenal's attack line? Sanchez, Cazorla and Ramsey are streets ahead of him. He's got decent passing skills, but he's slow, doesn't score many and when a game gets intense, he becomes anonymous.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Ozil hasn't done well at Arsenal certainly not up to his ability. Koscielny isn't top bracket either tbh.....

Soups123 wrote: »
    He's there because he was a world class player in the PL looking for pundit work.

The best pundits are the unbiased ones, Neville gets it Carragher not so much.

Henry was hired to improve the sky brand

He's not a regular on MNF.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Ozil hasn't done well at Arsenal certainly not up to his ability. Koscielny isn't top bracket either tbh.....

I'd have Koscielny as one of the top CB's in Europe tbh. He makes Mertesacker or Gabriel look much better than they are.

• Advertisement

Sure they covered cechs saves then and afterI

I just mean their rambling about arsenal not scoring goals forgetting they scored a perfectly good one.

I think after games they usually go for match storylines, and pick a bunch of videos to support that...I am surprised they didn't show the disallowed goal when they talked about the Arsenal front 6 alright though.

I presume they still will anyway. Maybe saving it to bring up with Arsene or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

If Liverpool had more of a cutting edge and taken there chances in the 1st half they would have been out of sight swings and roundabouts

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Sure, you could say the same about Arsenal first half.

And with regards to style, still nice glimpses of 'total football' but with the long ball/target man option available, which is more unpredictable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

If anything, it would make him better qualified to speak on the subject.

Carragher says Liverpool never looked like conceding in the first 3 games.

Eh they did tonight Jamie.

Remember the City fans clambering back into the Etihad when they heard the screams after Aguero's goal? I'm sure plenty of those lads had the same ability aswell.

Yes the exact same scenario...

• Advertisement

Carragher is delusional' Liverpool haven't looked like conceding this season'

The had two goals conceded wrongly chalked off and Arsenal hit the post tonight

He is appalling at times he just fills space he needs to cop on or sky should move him on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Steve Claridge is on 5 Live slating Ozil. Such a lazy "pundit".

Yet he went on a massive rant giving out to a caller for giving out about Arsenal's style of play.

"What you on about? Look at Arsenal last week against Palace. They were creating chances galore there with great results".

Host responds.

"What about Ozil last week? He had 54 successful passes and only gave it away once."

"Yeah, but it's what he does with the ball and what he does off it. He doesn't defend"

Awful awful pundit.

Yes the exact same scenario...

Same concept, except City fans are marginally worse than Arsenal ones.

What does he contribute to Arsenal's attack line? Sanchez, Cazorla and Ramsey are streets ahead of him. He's got decent passing skills, but he's slow, doesn't score many and when a game gets intense, he becomes anonymous.

He had created so many of Arsenal's chances and attacking plays, he had great vision.

Running around like a dog in heat after the ball doesn't make you a better player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

you mean the good defending by Gabriel as they just said?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement