Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal v Liverpool mnf 8pm sky sports 1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Jamie is a terrible pundit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I'd have Koscielny as one of the top CB's in Europe tbh. He makes Mertesacker or Gabriel look much better than they are.

I wouldn't even with the incredibly low standards of that position now.
    For me Arsenal's defence gets exposed too often to justify that claim.
    Is he a starter for France?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Same concept, except City fans are marginally worse than Arsenal ones.

This wasn't a match to win Arsenal the league, and they werent continually pressing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Soups123 wrote: »
    Carragher is delusional' Liverpool haven't looked like conceding this season'

The had two goals conceded wrongly chalked off and Arsenal hit the post tonight

He is appalling at times he just fills space he needs to cop on or sky should move him on

Would you like some lemons :pac:

We looked no more likely to concede in the 2nd half than Arsenal in the first.

Dejan and the rest have done brilliantly so far.

But they did concede.

That's the point he is wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Good game, would have liked a goal or 5.

ERG89 wrote: »
    I wouldn't even with the incredibly low standards of that position now.
    For me Arsenal's defence gets exposed too often to justify that claim.
    Is he a starter for France?

France are awash with top CB's to be fair. Varane and Sakho is their typical 2, but Laporte and Koscielny are also top CB's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

That_Guy wrote: »
    Steve Claridge is on 5 Live slating Ozil. Such a lazy "pundit".

Yet he went on a massive rant giving out to a caller for giving out about Arsenal's style of play.

"What you on about? Look at Arsenal last week against Palace. They were creating chances galore there with great results".

Host responds.

"What about Ozil last week? He had 54 successful passes and only gave it away once."

"Yeah, but it's what he does with the ball and what he does off it. He doesn't defend"

Awful awful pundit.

The lazy man will always attack the quiet player that doesn't make noise

JustTheOne wrote: »
    But they did concede.

That's the point he is wrong.

Really? I must've missed that Arsenal goal. Sky and everyone else must've missed it too..

efb wrote: »
    The lazy man will always attack the quiet player that doesn't make noise

Or the lazy player who doesn't run

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Jesus grow up.

I made appoint about a pundit and made a point as to why he was wrong.

Arsenal should have conceded more in the first half than Liverpool in the 2nd does that remove the lemon?

Really? I must've missed that Arsenal goal. Sky and everyone else must've missed it too..

They scored but it was wrongly disallowed.

Come on man you know what I'm getting at stop picking for the sake of it.

They scored but it was wrongly disallowed.

Come on man you know what I'm getting at stop picking for the sake of it.

If it was disallowed then they didn't score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Carragher says Liverpool never looked like conceding in the first 3 games.

Eh they did tonight Jamie.

And against Bournemouth. Maybe part of Rodgers defensive strategy is to buy a linesman?

If it was disallowed then they didn't score.

Jamie said they haven't looked like conceding.

Are you saying he is correct even though arsenal had the ball in the net and it was perfectly legal goal?

Soups123 wrote: »
    Jesus grow up.

I made appoint about a pundit and made a point as to why he was wrong.

Arsenal should have conceded more in the first half than Liverpool in the 2nd does that remove the lemon?

But he's not wrong. Both sets of defences did well tonight, and considering Arsenal have a far superior attacking midfield, I think our defence was better.

His analysis on Lovren leading the line was very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

efb wrote: »
    Nive to see I can see how a game is developing...

The sport is not that predictable and everything can change in a second. Liverpool's win against Stoke being a perfect example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Godge wrote: »
    you mean the good defending by Gabriel as they just said?

Sure that is what Skrtel was slatted for last week by Alan Smith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Two goals wrongly disallowed in two games and at least one if not two penalties not given tonight, it won't be long before your goals against column stacks up.

• Advertisement

Or the lazy player who doesn't run

He runs more than most attacking midfielders
    Positions himself very well defensively too

Jamie said they haven't looked like conceding.

Are you saying he is correct even though arsenal had the ball in the net and it was perfectly legal goal?

It wasn't a perfect legal goal, if it was it wouldn't have been disallowed.

I disagree with Jamie there though, there were periods where I thought they'd score. But by and large, I was impressed by our defence.

It wasn't a perfect legal goal, if it was it wouldn't have been disallowed.

I disagree with Jamie there though, there were periods where I thought they'd score. But by and large, I was impressed by our defence.

Whatever. You're just been awkward for the sake of it.

Enjoy.

greendom wrote: »
    He runs more than most attacking midfielders
    Positions himself very well defensively too

Not nearly as much as the likes of Hazard, Sanchez, Coutinho etc. If he is to be held up as a world class player, the least he could do would be to run a little more. If he was 31, I'd give him a bit of slack, but he's still quite young.

Godge wrote: »
    Two goals wrongly disallowed in two games and at least one if not two penalties not given tonight, it won't be long before your goals against column stacks up.

Whatever, I'm happy where we are at the moment.

But he's not wrong. Both sets of defences did well tonight, and considering Arsenal have a far superior attacking midfield, I think our defence was better.

His analysis on Lovren leading the line was very good.

What are you not getting he said Liverpool have not looked like conceding a goal over the 3 games.

If someone hits your post or has a goal wrongly disallowed then those teams looked like scoring it's very simple

Nobody is saying Liverpools defence hadn't done really well

• Advertisement

Enjoy.

It's just your opinion. I don't think the PL will be scrambling tomorrow like they were after Benteke's goal last monday. It wasn't a bad decision.

Not nearly as much as the likes of Hazard, Sanchez, Coutinho etc. If he is to be held up as a world class player, the least he could do would be to run a little more. If he was 31, I'd give him a bit of slack, but he's still quite young.

Have a look at his distance covered per game stats he regularly tops it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Enjoy.

He is. It wasn't a legal goal but it was wrong to consider it otherwise.

Amazing that Liverpool have got so many crucial decisions given in their favour already this season.

They'll no doubt bleat about "it's results that matter" etc but if you are relying on incorrect refereeing decisions then it will catch up with you by the end of the season...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Why is any critisim of Ozil met with such anger by arsenal fans. Some of the critisim was over the top at the start but for the money he cost he has been poor in a lot of important games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

It's just your opinion. I don't think the PL will be scrambling tomorrow like they were after Benteke's goal last monday. It wasn't a bad decision.

Of course it was a bad decision. He was clearly onside and the linesman got it totally wrong. How is that not a bad decision, it cost Arsenal the 3 points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Liverpool were lucky that that goal didn't stand. Arsenal were lucky Liverpool were off target. Two very different types of "luck", one involved a fair goal disallowed. Weirdly, I think 0-0 was a fair result, but also I can't argue that Arsenal winning by that goal wouldn't have been fair. SO yeah, Liverpool the luckier side. Glad of the point and the fixture out of the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Grayditch wrote: »
    Liverpool were lucky that that goal didn't stand. Arsenal were lucky Liverpool were off target. Two very different types of "luck", one involved a fair goal disallowed. Weirdly, I think 0-0 was a fair result, but also I can't argue that Arsenal winning by that goal wouldn't have been fair. SO yeah, Liverpool the luckier side. Glad of the point and the fixture out of the way.
    How are Arsenal lucky. How are they lucky that they prevented Liverpool from scoring?

it's a relatively old article but shows that this particular criticism is unfounded...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11451314/Mesut-Ozil-has-ran-further-than-any-Arsenal-player-since-returning-to-the-side-so-why-is-he-called-lazy.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Very interesting stat : Had both teams scored 2 goals a piece ,it would have still ended in a draw.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Why is any critisim of Ozil met with such anger by arsenal fans. Some of the critisim was over the top at the start but for the money he cost he has been poor in a lot of important games.

Probably because most of it is bull****.

When you look at what clubs have spent on ****ter players Ozil holds his own, I wud like him to be better but I think a lot of that comes down to those around him.

He likes the play the killer pass on behind for the last 2 years he's had Giroud in front of him who doesn't run in behind which nullifies Ozil a fair bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

niallo27 wrote: »

Spot on, he shows glimpses but for £40m if I was an arsenal supporter I would be distinctly underwhelmed.

Quazzie wrote: »
    How are Arsenal lucky. How are they lucky that they prevented Liverpool from scoring?

I think in that first half its safe to say there was a little luck in Arsenal getting out of it without conceding. If I was an Arsenal fan and I watched Coutinho smash one off the crossbar in the first 3 mins, I'd think; Lucky one there.

rob316 wrote: »
    Spot on, he shows glimpses but for £40m if I was an arsenal supporter I would be distinctly underwhelmed.

Personally I love watching him play he's top class same with Sanchez I think others are offering a lot less including Ramsey, Giroud, Ox, Walcott etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

we hit the post twice, and benny missed a sitter, but yous were unlucky with that offside decision. i think a draw is a fair result. great match all the same lads. loved it.

emo72 wrote: »
    we hit the post twice, and benny missed a sitter, but yous were unlucky with that offside decision. i think a draw is a fair result. great match all the same lads. loved it.

We also hit the post but anyway fair result in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Because Benteke should have got a penalty. Both teams were lucky but you wouldn't know because you were watching the game with one eye closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,745 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Ozil's getting criticism? Christ the lad ran the 2nd half, do people actually watch these games or do they just post?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

We also hit the post but anyway fair result in the end.

so? group hug? no animosity? both keepers were excellent, 2 good footballing teams going for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Liverpool played a very good game. Thought they had a very good window and looked that way tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

quarryman wrote: »
    He is. It wasn't a legal goal but it was wrong to consider it otherwise.

Amazing that Liverpool have got so many crucial decisions given in their favour already this season.

They'll no doubt bleat about "it's results that matter" etc but if you are relying on incorrect refereeing decisions then it will catch up with you by the end of the season...

Man you really have it bad for Liverpool you should be more worried about your own team the mighty Leeds oh... that makes me smile you sir are a joke of a poster but your team are the biggest joke of all enjoy the championship and lower leagues for many many more decades to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

emo72 wrote: »

The first time you hit the crossbar, the second was a save by Cech. That's not luck, thats good goalkeeping.

Someone is very serious about how the word Luck is used.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

Cracking game tonite,if it finished 2-2 everyone wud be raving about it. Pool look like they can defend this year,young gomez looks good even though hes a yellow card magnet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

8-10 wrote: »
    There's the first of the points buying Petr Cech will get you. Lucky Arsenal

Liverpool have done much better business than Arsenal, buying the linesmen must have cost f all :pac:

• Advertisement

Cracking game tonite,if it finished 2-2 everyone wud be raving about it. Pool look like they can defend this year,young gomez looks good even though hes a yellow card magnet

Plenty of his teammates picked up yellows tonight. Not really worried about that side of his game; he's way ahead of his development and 3.5m looks the bargain of the century (for us anyway).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement