Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal v Liverpool mnf 8pm sky sports 1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

FitzShane wrote: »
    Arsenal fan I know said that Benteke was great against them a few seasons ago but Mertesacker cleaned him in the FA cup final last season.
    In both attack and defence, I believe. Hoping for the same again!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Can see Arsenal getting some change from our defence. Between our still sh*te set piece defending and walcott/ozil/alexis/ox having a go off Gomez(left hand side in general) I'd be very happy with a draw! 1-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Benteke scored two penalties against two seasons ago (one a rebound) at home in the Emirates where the ref had a mare and we went mad chasing the game. He scored in the away fixture that season too iirc.

Didn't have a sniff against us at any point last year; though that is potentially down to playing in an absolutely dire Villa side last year and our CB pairing being in good form.

This year is different in that Liverpool will have far better quality surrounding him and Mertescielny haven't been as convincing formwise so far, Koscielny especially. Part of that could be integrating Cech into the back four. So I'd expect Liverpool to score at some point.

I do think we have the capacity to score more than Liverpool, whether we actually do it is another question. Should have more off the bench too if needed.

We've won the last 3 games at the Emirates, the last blot coming 2.5 years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Easy 4-0 win for us tonight. Suarez to get a hat-trick and Sturridge to chip in aswell.

Hard to see Arsenal put up any sort of a challenge to us, but then again, they're going for the 4th place trophy and we're on a title charge.

Let's go Liverpool! YNWA #Makeusdream

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I don't see yet much changed in either side from the last game...3-1 Arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Will be an interesting watch to see how Arsenal do here against a side who will try and play an open game against them.

I predict a 3-1 or 4-1 home win.

Nailz wrote: »
    Will be an interesting watch to see how Arsenal do here against a side who will try and play an open game against them.

I predict a 3-1 or 4-1 home win.

Rodgers won't play an open game after the last time. Liverpool will be very compact for the first half hour anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

cson wrote: »
    Rodgers won't play an open game after the last time. Liverpool will be very compact for the first half hour anyway.
    In which case the result will be closer. Liverpool have a pretty decent counter, Arsenal could come into trouble. I still see both sides scoring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Easy 4-0 win for us tonight. Suarez to get a hat-trick and Sturridge to chip in aswell.

Hard to see Arsenal put up any sort of a challenge to us, but then again, they're going for the 4th place trophy and we're on a title charge.

Let's go Liverpool! YNWA #Makeusdream

Sir, you have amused me, bravo.

Would take a draw. Very nervous about this match. YNWA :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

dfx- wrote: »
    Apart from the fact that Liverpool played without a recognised striker or right back in that game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 I should coco!

Liverpool just aren't very good and you don't know what Arsenal team will show up. Draw worst case scenario for Arsenal. Fully expect them to win tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Liverpool just aren't very good and you don't know what Arsenal team will show up. Draw worst case scenario for Arsenal. Fully expect them to win tonight.

How did you get in with less than 50 posts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Be very surprised if Liverpool score tonight tbh. I'd gonna go with 2-0 Arsenal. Think the best Liverpool can get is a scoreless draw. Hope I'm wrong though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I'm gonna say 0-0 draw or Arsenal just pinching it. Hopefully they don't show up and Liverpool take full advantage. But I'd be very happy with a draw and clean sheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

How did you get in with less than 50 posts?

And he has four fancy red stars.

• Advertisement

Charlie19 wrote: »
    And he has four fancy red stars.

No longer! The spy was spotted.

Most hated game of the season as it usually means a loss!

Expect a harsh lesson for Liverpool again tonight.

3-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Any reason why Ox or Walcott doesn't start on the right wing?

wenger likes to play with 2 players who can keep the ball in the 3 behind the striker. sanchez/walcott give the ball away a lot

it used to the right side that had the pacier/less technical player.
    cazorla used to play on the left, walcott right. keeping podolski (left side) on the bench a lot, him & walcott barely ever played on the same team.

ozil was then played on the left a bit but since sanchez signed & cazorla moved to cm, sanchez has usually stared with ramsey & even wilshere playing on the right. although most of that time walcott has been injured. & similar reasons as why Ox doesn't start as much i think

i could see walcott starting up top tonight actually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

dfx- wrote: »

:confused:

batistuta9 wrote: »

i could see walcott starting up top tonight actually

No chance; Giroud has a cracking record against Liverpool lately.

Although tbf; Walcott's banged a few in against them too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Most hated game of the season as it usually means a loss!

Expect a harsh lesson for Liverpool again tonight.

3-1
    Think positive.

Liverpool have scored 2 goals from 5 shots on target out of 26 attempts.
    Liverpool have conceded no goals from 20 attempts conceded.

Arsenal have scored 2 goals from 13 shots on target out of 42 attempts.
    Arsenal have conceded 3 goals from 19 attempts conceded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Would like to see Baloteli get some game time but it seems he's getting the infamous Rodgers treatment.

Anyway I predicted nervy 1 nil to the gunners but I can it being easier than that, 5-1.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I rarely enjoy our games away at Arsenal. I think Arsenal will win, I'll go for 2-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

we dont win there so obviously tonight we will win there 'MON THE REDS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Would like to see Baloteli get some game time but it seems he's getting the infamous Rodgers treatment.

Anyway I predicted nervy 1 nil to the gunners but I can it being easier than that, 5-1.

Haha infamous Rodgers treatment....... If Mario gave half the effort in his 12 months here that Benteke has in a couple of games, then I would also want him to get a chance but he hasn't. Mario deserves nothing as he has earnt nothing

Starting 11 (my formation)

Mignolet,
    Clyne, Skrtel, Lovren, Gomez,
    ---Can, Lucas, Milner,
    Coutinho,
    Firmino
    Benteke

Subs Bogdan, Sakho, Moreno, Origi, Ings, Ibe, Rossiter 22/20/23/19/18

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

If West Ham featuring a 16 year old at centre-mid can come out easy winners at the Emirates a fortnight ago then I see no reason why Liverpool should be fearful. If Lucas is departing I'm looking forward to seeing him one last time jog away from the yellow card wielding ref with that butter-wouldn't-melt smirk on his face after he hacks down a fast-breaking opponent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

No mert or kos?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Some very interesting line ups to say the least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

JustTheOne wrote: »
    No mert or kos?

Good news, I reckon Chambers can be got at

• Advertisement

no kos or mertesacker. Calum Chambers & Gabriel in

lucas, can & firmino in for pool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Chambers and Gabriel at cb, what the fúck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Big news with regards to Mert and Kos being out. I like Chambers, but I fancy Benteke to impose himself on Chambers and Gabriel tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

What happened to Koscielney and Mert?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Delighted with a Liverpool team having Lucas in it. Hopefully that would've been the case regardless of Henderson's injury.

Looks solid, but still expecting a loss. Not much pace in the team.

Plenty of cause for optimism for Liverpool based on the straining XIs. Midfield 2 the only obvious potential weakness for going forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Massive blow for arsenal
    Mertesacker unwell and Koscielny a back problem - so it will be down to Chambers & Gabriel to handle Benteke.
    Benteke must be licking his lips :)

cson wrote: »
    No chance; Giroud has a cracking record against Liverpool lately.

Although tbf; Walcott's banged a few in against them too.

wasn't record i was going on. thought walcott could've got a start against a side who'll not sit back the whole game.
    giroud's in though

CNMUC2VWIAAPmQM.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Mert's ill and Kos has a bad back apparently

• Advertisement

How long til whoever's on Benteke gets booked and swaps over? :p

Besides his first 4 or games I can't remember chambers ever playing well, is mert even on the bench?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Much more confident of Liverpool getting a result after seeing their starting 11.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Chambers and Gabriel at cb, what the fúck

mert illness & kos 'mild back injury'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Oh **** wasn't expecting them teams. Massive chance now!

Come on redmen!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Benteke's going to make Chambers cry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Besides his first 4 or games I can't remember chambers ever playing well, is mert even on the bench?

No Debuchy and Gibbs are the defensive back-up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Disaster. Liverpool with a great chance now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Talisman wrote: »
    Apart from the fact that Liverpool played without a recognised striker or right back in that game.

Could be 7 changes for Liverpool from that game. :eek:

Mig, Skrtel, Coutinho and Ibe started then I think.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Excellent work from Arsenal to keep the news so quiet. Rodgers brought the bus to be parked. There is no way he would have played that team if he had have known.

Liverpool should probably sacrifice Can or Lucas, tell them to get "injured" in the warm up and throw on an attacking player.

greendom wrote: »
    No Debuchy and Gibbs are the defensive back-up

Cheers, tagartt comes in for mert on fantasy so not all terrible news.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement