Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal v Liverpool mnf 8pm sky sports 1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Excellent work from Arsenal to keep the news so quiet. Rodgers brought the bus to be parked. There is no way he would have played that team if he had have known.

Liverpool should probably sacrifice Can or Lucas, tell them to get "injured" in the warm up and throw on an attacking player.

Are you insane?

That is the Liverpool team that should be on the pitch every week. Lucas sitting and 2 MFs either side who can run and support.

Henderson in for Can would be my only change for our best team (and Sakho for Lovren).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Really interesting to see how Coutinho and Firmino get on together. Have Rodgers played them both centrally for Liverpool so far? Both are excellent attacking mids and to accommodate them both would be an interesting set up. If either play out wide it's a bit of a waste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Excellent work from Arsenal to keep the news so quiet. Rodgers brought the bus to be parked. There is no way he would have played that team if he had have known.

Liverpool should probably sacrifice Can or Lucas, tell them to get "injured" in the warm up and throw on an attacking player.

Phenomenal work to keep that so quiet.

But worrying nonetheless to have to use both your 3rd and 4th choice centre halves in a game like this. Big test of the depth of the squad tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Happy to see 3 in midfield for Liverpool as opposed just a duo in the opening 2 games.
    The injuries to Arsenal ups Liverpool's chances.

Still take a draw though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,745 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Gonna be watching this behind the couch. I rate both Gabriel and Chambers but they've never played together before and are inexperienced in the PL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Excited to see Can play in a position where he won't have as many defensive responsibilities. Between him and Milner they should be able to put enough pressure on the opposition too.

Wasn't confident about this game but after seeing both line-ups I think we have a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Captain Jimmy to lead Liverpool to a historic 2-0 victory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

batistuta9 wrote: »
    wasn't record i was going on. thought walcott could've got a start against a side who'll not sit back the whole game.
    giroud's in though

CNMUC2VWIAAPmQM.jpg:large

They were never going to attack us though - although that might change after the CB news.

Btw looking at your graphic there; our bench has 154 international caps! Be even more if Arteta was from any other country than Spain. Been a while since we've had anything like that to call on.

I would take a draw right now.

Going to be watching this behind the couch...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

AdamD wrote: »
    Gonna be watching this behind the couch. I rate both Gabriel and Chambers but they've never played together before and are inexperienced in the PL.

Debuchy has played well for us at CB before.
    Why is he not in there tonight. Doesn't make sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Fascinating insight on Sky of the Curious Case of why Arsene Wenger lost his Mojo

Think I heard net spend at one point

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Ajfunky

Why no Monreal or Debuchy for chambers? Gibbs can clearly cover left back, monreal could cover cb as shown well last year. This is a nervy one, but the only consolation is hopefully gabriel and chambers have been the 'B' team pairing so have played a bit with each other.

Gabriel, just tie your shoelaces to Benteke's when yous shake hands, should be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Fascinating insight on Sky of the Curious Case of why Arsene Wenger lost his Mojo

Do you not think the restricted net spend was a factor in why Arsenal haven't challenged for a title in so long?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Liverpool's lucky results to end tonight...

3-1 to Arsenal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

4-1 to Arse, they have by far and away the better first team and squad and I expect them to start putting a substantial winning run together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Fascinating, insight and Sky are three words that just don't go together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

quarryman wrote: »

3-1 to Arsenal.

Ah look who it is! How are Leeds doing?

Henry making no sense at all

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I wonder will Liverpool play 2 up top with a diamond behind? Probably not the game for it, but I'd like to see them do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,745 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Nevilles very irritating tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

mother of fcuk but henry is hopeless at the tv stuff

Quazzie wrote: »
    Do you not think the restricted net spend was a factor in why Arsenal haven't challenged for a title in so long?

Yes I do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

quarryman wrote: »

Gonna be tough when that streak of 1 lucky win ends, alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Henry talks some amount of shite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

mother of fcuk but henry is hopeless at the tv stuff

Neville's not helping. Words to thierry mean slightly different to him because english is not his first language. Arrogance is much more negative thing to him than it is to Neville. Thierry is ideological and believes in the importance of a philosophy he's just not expressing that all too well. In part, because Neville isn't actually fleshing out the concept with him. They're just disagreeing. Pity as it was super interesting up to the point of the midfielder pairs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

That injury news from Arsenal is a disaster.

(wasn't too confident over the first choice partnership)

Chambers to be ripped up and thrown aside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Henry making no sense at all

He is getting paid 5k for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

"Why did that Arsenal team not become a dynasty?"

Henry: "I think the stadium."

He's as comical as Rodgers when there's a TV camera in front of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

He is getting paid 5k for this.

Is it not 5m?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Thought he might have been more sympathetic given one of their own is captaining tonight, but alas..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Really hope Henry on this is a one off, hes brutal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

I wonder will M!ck^ be around this evening, might need cheering up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Fascinating, insight and Sky are three words that just don't go together.

This is just clichéd at this stage.

It's cool to slag off Sky, I get that, but honestly, the likes of the MNF discussions are often fascinating and insightful. Neville and Carragher aren't two-bob talking heads. They do know their shít more often than not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Idioteque

In fairness...it's better than if they spent the whole time agreeing with each other

Nib wrote: »
    "Why did that Arsenal team not become a dynasty?"

Henry: "I think the stadium."

He's as comical as Rodgers when there's a TV camera in front of him.

I reckon he might have been referring to the costs and restrictions of the move to Ashburton Grove.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Unbeaten in the league mate.

Thanks for asking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Ed Chamberlain starting for Arsenal in midfield. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Having a front 3 of 9, 10 and 11 is really satisfying.

Not sure if Henry is completely useless or if he's got a problem explaining what he thinks because of inexperience or whatever

If it's the latter Gary and Jamie cross examining him at times probably isn't helping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

"Brendan Rodgers talking about dominating space rather than possession; what's he talking about Jamie?"
    "I don't know!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Lucas in? Firminho and Coutinho to float around behind Beneteke? Arsenal with a few injuries?

This almost feels like...hope?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

2-1 to Liverpool, benteke to lurk out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

cson wrote: »
    They were never going to attack us though - although that might change after the CB news.

Btw looking at your graphic there; our bench has 154 international caps! Be even more if Arteta was from any other country than Spain. Been a while since we've had anything like that to call on.

they'd have played a bit, not a shut up shop job. girouds got a good record coming off the bench too. walcott would've tired them out as well, similar to sanogo did in fa cup games before being sub for giroud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Not sure if Henry is completely useless or if he's got a problem explaining what he thinks because of inexperience or whatever

If it's the latter Gary and Jamie cross examining him at times probably isn't helping

I think he needs more coaching in English, particularly colloquialisms and concepts. He seems to misunderstand some concepts at times and unfortunately for him people don't really clarify that to him either. When it's clear he understood the concept, he's not actually that bad. Rather decent actually.

Garry's such a pragmatist though. No time for apparent bullsh1t and tbh, you can't really fault him too much. It's the people who signed Henry to the contract should ensure that he's well versed in everyday English for more technical and tactical conversations.

Think Jamie's coming off the best tonight. Gary sometimes overdoes his criticism of other's ideas.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Lucas in? Firminho and Coutinho to float around behind Beneteke? Arsenal with a few injuries?

This almost feels like...hope?

Ah don't worry. We'll defend naively and lose by a few. That'll get your knives sharpened again Lloyd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

hope the team put in a great effort as a tribute to mario

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Do it to annoy Piers Morgan.

Benteke might well be able to dominate the Arsenal CB's, but we have to get the ball to him properly first, and I think that'll prove to be a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

5starpool wrote: »
    Ah don't worry. We'll defend naively and lose by a few. That'll get your knives sharpened again Lloyd.

I'd rather we win tbh

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement