Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WIN Tickets to Electric Picnic with Electric Ireland!

Options
  • 24-08-2015 10:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi all,

Electric Ireland is the Official Energy Partner for Electric Picnic 2015!

This year we're all about #90sPowerParty, and to get everyone in the mood, legend Mark McCabe will be on stage to deliver ‘Maniac 2015’ on Saturday 5th September! The Vengabus will also be dropping off the Vengaboys on Sunday 6th September to power the #90sPowerParty with a set that includes ‘Boom Boom Boom Boom’, ‘We Like To Party’, and ‘We’re going to Ibiza!’ That's not all though – we're bringing the '90s to Electric Picnic for the entire festival weekend with activities and much more! See www.90spowerparty.ie for the full Electric Ireland line-up.

To get you to this sold-out event, we're giving away a pair of tickets to one very lucky winner here on Boards! To be in with a chance to win, just post your favourite hit from the ‘90s to this thread! One post per person (but that post can include a reason why it’s the best!)

The competition will run until the afternoon of this Friday, 28th August, with the winning entry being announced shortly thereafter.

***Full T&C here***

This year as Official Energy Partner we've helped reduce the Electric Picnic festival's lighting emissions by 80%, and we have installed six kilometres of energy-efficient lighting to help guide festival-goers!

All the best :)
    The Electric Ireland Team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭gubber

Although I was only 1 when this was released, this is my 90's jam. 

• Registered Users Posts: 1 LauraMcCabe

Heard this song this morning on the radio, and it was the ultimate blast from the past.

The leopard print, the exposed midriff, girl power, singing in a dessert and the 'hot' guys that she's just too busy and independent for!!! Every inch of this song and video is pure 90's.

I give you......Shania Twain's amazing "That don't impress me much".

Hope I've impressed you much, and you kindly send those 2 tickets to EP my way.

Peace and love 90's fans!!

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭scrumqueen

Smells like teen spirit from the Album Nevermind.  A memorable soundtrack for an entire generation. 

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Tezza02

Ah lads this is a toughie the 90s were the business. ok I'm going to say Common People by Pulp. It's a great sing along song, and relatable. Not that I've ever met a girl from Greece who studied sculpture at St. Martin's College :) I mean the common/ poor bit. That's why I need to win my EP tickets. I bet that plucks at your heartstrings 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

It has to be Scatman by Scatman John. Scatman all the way home, upstairs and into bed. Scat scat scat. His name was Scatman. Guys. Seriously. Scat. Man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

Rhythm is a dancer.... Most infectious booty shaking arms flayling head bopping choooon ever.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Snowstandards

Phats & Smalls - Turn Around

This is literally the sound of the 90's.
    It doesn't matter what mood you're in, this song is guaranteed to brighten up your day.

Somewhere out there, Phats & Smalls are looking down on us, empowering us with their power of 90's nostalgia. Either that or they're probably a few SU bars.

None the less, a sound that can define a decade :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ciarancu

Groove is in the Heart by Dee-Lite.

It still sounds great after all these years.  Always gets a party going :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 C.Hewitt

Growing up with an older sister in the 90s lead to this being my favorite song from that decade. Thanks to her I knew every move and lyric. If I win these tickets I'll be bringing her with me and serve up some baby spice 90s realness!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

Ah lads you can't beat a bit of D:Ream - Things Can Only Get Better

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Cutie_mcfruity

culture beat - Mr. Vain

Definite dancing tune

• Registered Users Posts: 31 5dolla12

Everybody - The Backstreet Boys

If you can find me a person that doesn't dance when this song comes on, then keep them to yourselves because I don't want anything to do with them. TUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNEEEE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭smallgarden

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ateQQc-AgEM
    Seals kiss from a rose, love its use in vacation film!and reminds me of singing along to songs on long car journeys to cork

and love this version in community
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUYGRxRCCoc

• Registered Users Posts: 1 LBH95

Has to be The Backstreet Boys 'I Want It That Way'.
    To this day it still gives me the same feelings as it did in 1997! There are very few out there who do not know the words to this song whether the care to admit it or not! Fingers crossed for the EP tickets :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Stardust - Music sounds better with you

https://youtu.be/TUC2b-OSZ00

Sums up the latter half of the 90's for me. Feel good song from 1998, heard everywhere around the world at the time.
    Always heard it at festivals and in clubs, where music did sound better with you...your friends, your Mrs, your family.
    A great party track from those days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Billy Bragg doing his bit for equality way back when. Including lines about driving mitsubishi zeros, Red Star Belgrade playing uncles and nuclear subs sinking in Scandinavia.

And of course featuring the wonderful Kirsty Mac Coll.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Conbhar

• Registered Users Posts: 18 davdd

[font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif]Released in 1998 and topped the charts in 17 countries, including Ireland [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]#90sPowerParty[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

My favourite has to be Aerosmith, I Don't Want To Miss A Thing. An apt song title for EP!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 caatdolan

The 90s are personified by Tom's Diner by Suzanne Vega!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

New Radicals - Get what you give. Brilliant song. Reminds me of studying with friends after school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SophiaLeon

Being a 90's baby myself this is probably the toughest question for me to answer! Although I am a die hard Britney Spears fan as she was the business and my absolute idol for most of my childhood I'm going to have to be a traitor and say Whigfield - Saturday Night!

Now, this was not an easy decision for me to make and a lot of thought and consideration went into this answer as I'm sure you can remember all the amazing boy bands and girl bands that completely took over the world such as the Spice Girls (Baby Spice being my favourite!), N-Sync and the Backstreet Boys! Whigfield - Saturday Night is defo a tune that even if you heard in the present day on a Saturday night it'd make you call your friends tell them you're all hitting the tiles, run up the stairs and start getting ready for a night out!! 

It's stuck in my head for as long as I can remember as being a feel good song, my dad went out and bought me a Party Anthem CD for my 5th birthday and Saturday Night was on it and of course it was played on repeat as me and my friends danced like crazy to it, a memory I will never forget!

I think Saturday Night is also a good song choice to pick for this competition as Mark McCabe will be playing at Electric Picnic on the Saturday and nothing would make me happier to see the absolute legend himself!! I would LITERALLY be the HAPPIEST CAMPER if I won!!

I also have to mention that in runner up 2nd and 3rd place for my favourite 90s songs would have to be Los Del Rio - Macarena (Which I will ALWAYS be the first person on the dancefloor dancing to) and Aqua - Barbie Girl!! Amazing tunes as I'm sure you will agree!

Now, time to leave this brilliant tune here for your enjoyment and yes, I am singing along and I will be dancing around my kitchen now for the next hour or so to all my favourite 90's songs wishing I had a time machine to go back and relive the good oul days!

#90sPowerParty

#90sPowerParty  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DNQRtmIMxk

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭NotInventedHere

This is the song of 90s Ireland. Nothing else even comes close

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Snowstandards

This is the song of 90s Ireland. Nothing else even comes close

Are you sure that's not Boston?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Maniac 2000

Why?

I entered a certain Dublin establishment recently, and discovered that I knew the DJ.
    We exchanged pleasantries, and I fetched a pint.
    Even though the place was close to empty, I requested Maniac 2000.
    The. Floor. Hopped.

Few songs can still get people popping after close on 20 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭pipkin12

Had to be anything by Aqua but especially this one.... 

https://youtu.be/ZyhrYis509A Barbie Girl :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nu123

definitely return of the mack by Mark Morrison, still puts me in such a good mood every time it comes on the radio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 wetdogs

:p:p:p 1996!! never gets old :p:p:p

Advertisement