Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Class 2 Medical

Options
  • 24-08-2015 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Howya lads, I'm about to go all out on the PPL. I'm 18 and I know that i should get a class 2 medical first, and that's what I intend to do. But I'll be honest with ye, I'm absolutely sh**ting it..
    If anyone who's done one recently could tell me what exactly is on the medical, that would be great :)
    I'd just like to get as much information and detail about it as possible, just to calm the nerves.. I've never gone to the hospital with illnesses or anything and I have no health concerns thank god so that should not be a problem I hope..
    Thanks a lot :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

well first you will meet the nurse, (s)he will take a blood and urine sample and do the ECG. What they look for in the samples are very strong anomalies, basically if you have no complains, your're not pissing red or your blood is not green, you'll do fine!

then you go in with the doctor, (s)he will check your eyes, hearing, colorblindness, blood pressure, weight, height and then you will do a pretty lengthy Q&A with the doc, where you will be asked everything starting from you mental issues in the family all the way down to how much and if you drink, smoke etc..

there's nothing to worry about, they genuinely want you to get that cert

Advertisement