Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drive with Eoughan McDermott starts today.

• 24-08-2015 1:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

I think it's meant to be a surprise or something
    Post edited by Say Your Number on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

It'll be a surpise if it's any good , can't abide his whiny high pitched voice , that's even before he drops in the 'gaeilge' at every opportunity ,a perfect storm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

God, I find him insufferable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

God, I find him insufferable.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. How he has rocketed into this slot is beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

bbability wrote: »
    I'm glad I'm not the only one. How he has rocketed into this slot is beyond me.

It's beyond you how he's preferable to Colm Hayes?!

It seems fairly straight forward to me.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

It's beyond you how he's preferable to Colm Hayes?!

It seems fairly straight forward to me.

That's not what he said, but he hasn't much experience (in comparison to most) and has just been thrown into a prime time slot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

Faugheen wrote: »
    That's not what he said, but he hasn't much experience (in comparison to most) and has just been thrown into a prime time slot.

To be fair to Eoghan, he did host drive time for a couple of years on XFM in London which arguably would have been a bigger gig with a larger listenership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Doesn't stop him being shite. He's this new breed of "cool" radio folks, who think that talking rubbish and trying to be funny is enjoyable. He's the same as Dara Quilty. He only his name out by being in a small time band and making teenage girls think you were cool on Spin, and now he's doing drivetime on 98FM.

Dara, please blow your nose or try and use more than one tone of voice. It's an audio based medium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Glebee

Ill give him a chance before i pass judgement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33 tsofitch

Dara, please blow your nose or try and use more than one tone of voice. It's an audio based medium.

lol!

I think EMD is sounding great, especially when you compare him to his predecessor.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Every time I switched him on, he was talking.

Play some bloody music for Christ sake!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭DopeTech

He has completely just stolen Greg James going home song segment. Anyone else hear it? I know there will be similar ideas here and there in radio but this is 100% plagiarism!

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭John Joe Jones

FrostyJim wrote: »
    He has completely just stolen Greg James going home song segment. Anyone else hear it? I know there will be similar ideas here and there I'm radio but this is 100% plagiarism!

Actually Eoghan was doing that on his Xfm drive show before Greg James even started on R1 drive

Actually Eoghan was doing that on his Xfm drive show before Greg James even started on R1 drive

I stand corrected so. Have to say I find myself listening to drive more lately now that colm and al are gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,421 ✭✭✭ofcork

He seems to like having the craic with lottie ryan anyway.

Lads is the attention needy producer EDGE getting on anyone else's nerves, today with her fake laugh it just got all too much and I had to turn over. There's a reason she's behind the scenes and not on the Mike so Eoghan should keep it that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭John Joe Jones

Lads is the attention needy producer EDGE getting on anyone else's nerves, today with her fake laugh it just got all too much and I had to turn over. There's a reason she's behind the scenes and not on the Mike so Eoghan should keep it that way.

Speaking of producers, Are any of the old guard producers ( Aidan Leonard, Ian Wilson etc) producing any program on 2fm now ?

OK guys what in the world has happened this show over the last week?

It's as if 2FM have decided Mcdermott can't handle the show by himself so they have now given microphones to the fake laugh attention depraved producer "booby looby" I'm guessing the other two are researcher's "JJ" & "up the duff someone" .

It's an absolute mess of voices over voices trying to grab the limelight and get in the most immature pun.

I liked it when it was just Eoghan then I got slightly put off when he started forcing producer edge down our throat with her completely fake laugh but it was still listenable but now is car crash radio and I don't know why they have changed the complete make up of the show.

I'm guessing a survey or focus group has given Dan Healy another bum steer.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Duggie2012

all these shows end up the same, lets bring someone else in and talk about some nonsense subject and everyone laughs. its sooo funny. rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

I like the zoo format, so don't mind hearing the others (although that booby booby booby bit is annoying). Eoghan has good chemistry with them and I think it gives a bit more of a personality to the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭patrickc

when did Eoghan become a talk show host? he had a minister on this evening talking about the new drug consumption rooms and the decriminalisation of drugs.

• Advertisement

patrickc wrote: »
    when did Eoghan become a talk show host? he had a minister on this evening talking about the new drug consumption rooms and the decriminalisation of drugs.

I thought exactly the same thing myself when I heard the interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

2FM is trying to appeal to it's new target audience of yoked up chung wans.

Edit: me no grammar good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

OK guys what in the world has happened this show over the last week?

Was wondering that myself. Had enjoyed the drive home and then over the last week there was the texting in my listeners about some nonsense.... then being "allowed" to listen to the show.

As for the female voice coming in - just didn't thnk it was necessary. Has turned the show in to something else.

zoobizoo wrote: »
    Was wondering that myself. Had enjoyed the drive home and then over the last week there was the texting in my listeners about some nonsense.... then being "allowed" to listen to the show.

As for the female voice coming in - just didn't thnk it was necessary. Has turned the show in to something else.
    I tweeted him Wednesday and asked him why they changed the format and compared it to the Ray Foley show where three people just shouted over each other and he got back to me and said they are still finding their feet and to play nice.
    I didn't think being compared to Ray Foley was that offensive but obviously I was wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Carrigman

I've been listening to his show for the last few days in order to escape the unremitting gloom of the news. I am definitely not part of the target demographic but I think he is an excellent presenter. He is quick witted, well informed and articulate. Today he puzzled some American rocker he was interviewing by describing him as "mercurial". It was a word the American (and, I'd imagine, a significant part of the listenership) had never heard of before. He is also a fluent Irish speaker as was evidenced in his discussion, as Gaelige, with the female presenter of the Nuacht at 4:30. I think if he plays his cards right he will become a major player in RTE. Definitely star material.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Carrigman wrote: »
    I've been listening to his show for the last few days in order to escape the unremitting gloom of the news. I am definitely not part of the target demographic but I think he is an excellent presenter. He is quick witted, well informed and articulate. Today he puzzled some American rocker he was interviewing by describing him as "mercurial". It was a word the American (and, I'd imagine, a significant part of the listenership) had never heard of before. He is also a fluent Irish speaker as was evidenced in his discussion, as Gaelige, with the female presenter of the Nuacht at 4:30. I think if he plays his cards right he will become a major player in RTE. Definitely star material.

I also find the show a breath of fresh air. I am well above the target age but find myself laughing out loud on the journey home.
    All the other crud on stations is boring and rather depressing with the emphasis on news and talk. At least Eoghan mixes some good tunes with good interviews and some great sections of comedy and good banter between the team.

However knowing RTE they will flog him to death and have him on every gig possible until we all end up loathing him every time we see or hear him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

I also find the show a breath of fresh air.

I concur. I had drifted away from 2FM in the evening when Will was axed but this show is certainly more lively and entertaining than Colm and Al could ever be.

I concur. I had drifted away from 2FM in the evening when Will was axed but this show is certainly more lively and entertaining than Colm and Al could ever be.

Aidan "fill in" power was covering for eoghan today. Thats twice in the last few weeks I've heard him and just thought, wtf!

First of he didn't know what time breakfast republic finished, he was asking somebody midshow. Then today he thought it was tradition for tubridy to play the first Xmas song on 2fm, followed shortly by "Ben Haenow, is that the guy from the xfactor? Does he still have a career. Here's a song from him and Kelly clarkson"

I actually don't dislike him, he's actually a good dj imo but damn if you're going to be working for a station , take a little interest in what's going on around you, what music you're playing.

/moan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

I listen to Matt Cooper on the drive home now. Fcuk Owen the annoying cnut!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

He likes to name-drop that's for sure. And that 'ding' sound he constantly plays is just downright irritable.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement