Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this macbook offer too good to be true?!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

Cheap for a new one but I believe thats from around 2010 and a refurb so maybe not so surprising. Also if that's all you want it for is a macbook not a tad excessive?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭diarmaidol

It's also going to be stuck on Mac OS X 10.7 so the way the mac eco system works a lot of SW won't run on it. Also Security patches will be minimal.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Lunaarli

diarmaidol wrote: »
    It's also going to be stuck on Mac OS X 10.7 so the way the mac eco system works a lot of SW won't run on it. Also Security patches will be minimal.

Aha, so that's maybe why my old macbook doesn't work that well?!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

It's ancient. Terrible spec. (120GB HD?, I could have more storage on my phone!). Not worth it. Avoid.

If you're low on cash you're realistically going to have to look at the best Windows machine you can afford to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,432 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Those specs are from around 2007 / 2008!

This will work fine for light use, but it is very expensive for what it is (as all things Apple are). You could buy a brand new Windows laptop for that kind of money.

A very good condition similar spec Windows laptop would cost you about €100...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,447 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

They could be ex-lease or machines bought from a receiver. I suspect that they will be in a pretty sorry state with lots of scratches and dents, probably are at that price which is buttons by Apple standards. Bear in mind that Groupon are getting a slice of the action so when you take out their cut and delivery costs, the people selling those machines are probably getting €220 or so. You're not going to get much Apple h/w for that kind of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

You would get a regular Windows laptop with similar specs to that, for a hell of a lot less. I would avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Lunaarli

If any of you could give a good suggestion for a decent laptop/notebook that I can do the above with a decent keyboard for typing and a camera/mic etc.. I'd be eternally grateful as I don't get the lingo on online computer shops.
    Would be good to be able to back up my iphone/iPad too to something :)

Advertisement