Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

foreshore license info

• 24-08-2015 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

as above im thinking on getting a foreshore license,how do i go about getting one,im in north tipp,so how many place can you put on it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭ESB Spaniel

mikeyboo wrote: »
    as above im thinking on getting a foreshore license,how do i go about getting one,im in north tipp,so how many place can you put on it?

It's on the nargc website, print it off and I put 3 or 4 different counties I think... Also you will be ticking off what birds you want to shoot... Its free and is for 5 years.... Can shoot the shores and any state owned inland lakes that aren't preserves and you have permission of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

It's on the nargc website, print it off and I put 3 or 4 different counties I think... Also you will be ticking off what birds you want to shoot... Its free and is for 5 years.... Can shoot the shores and any state owned inland lakes that aren't preserves and you have permission of course.

Gonna be doing it myself. Don't do any duck shooting but figure it'd be handier t have it than not have it

Gonna be doing it myself. Don't do any duck shooting but figure it'd be handier t have it than not have it
    G

Geese as well

G

Geese as well

Only see them up in bohernBreena reservoir and fully protected

ah they are around don't you worry, they can be shot for the month of September, the grey leg that is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭mikeyboo

Never new it was on the Nargc site what section is it in?

Just out in google nargc foreshore licence and it directs you towards it.
    It also says species proposed to be hunted. I know mallard, teal and tufted duck as only ducks I've shot but any other recommendations? Also only lakes I know is corrib and derevara cuz I've seen lads shoot on them and I shot on corrib when I was 11. Got mallard and tufted on it. I fish derevara for pike and owel for trout. Is that lake included and how many lakes can be picked? I only want t apply for sake if having it and t be able to go if I ever want to. Have my own boat and 6hp Johnson aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭J.R.

You can download it from here:

http://www.npws.ie/licences/hunting/fauna-state-owned-foreshore

Its changed a bit since I got mine.... before you just tick the counties. And type of birds

Just out in google nargc foreshore licence and it directs you towards it.
    It also says species proposed to be hunted. I know mallard, teal and tufted duck as only ducks I've shot but any other recommendations? Also only lakes I know is corrib and derevara cuz I've seen lads shoot on them and I shot on corrib when I was 11. Got mallard and tufted on it. I fish derevara for pike and owel for trout. Is that lake included and how many lakes can be picked? I only want t apply for sake if having it and t be able to go if I ever want to. Have my own boat and 6hp Johnson aswell.

no hassle thanks :)

• Advertisement

is lough derg and the likes covered by this?

^^ wondering this myself.
    Was on the websites for it and can't find the list of lakes that it applies to

Found it didn't scroll down through application
    image_zpstqb6zrhk.jpg

bump is tipp covered by this?

bump is tipp covered by this?

No shore there I'd say haha, I'd say lough derg in north tip would be covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Thompst1111

Old thread I know on the licence it has lakes and foreshore. What's the difference can I hunt lakes or is that just for foshing. Please explain the licence form for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

If you download the form, you enter the areas you wish to hunt and the method of hunting (shooting with firearm). You can hunt wherever you select and are granted permission. I applied a few weeks ago...still no response.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Thompst1111

Ok so can shoot the lakes then yeah?? How many places can you get a licence for

Ok so can shoot the lakes then yeah?? How many places can you get a licence for

Yes and loads of places. Listed on the application form.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭outinthefields

I ticked all lakes and counties on mine and was granted all. you still need landowners permission to get to foreshores tho, unless crossing state lands. always carry your permit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭650gs

Malahide Estuary is on it and always good shooting

650gs wrote: »
    Malahide Estuary is on it and always good shooting

I received my permission a few days, so thanks for putting me wise to it. Can you recommend areas to shoot on the estuary itself? I don't have a boat.

Also seems that there is no shooting til September 1st after glancing through the papers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭J.R.

goz83 wrote: »
    I received my permission a few days, so thanks for putting me wise to it. Can you recommend areas to shoot on the estuary itself? I don't have a boat.

Also seems that there is no shooting til September 1st after glancing through the papers.

Be very careful venturing out on the estuary, on your own, if you are unfamiliar with it. You need to know the tides and where it is safe to travel....parts can all look the same but when you take a step forward it can be like quicksand.

It is very easy to settle down in a hide watching for duck, unaware that the tide is coming in around you....until it's too late.

Duck hunting season starts on 1st Sept. each year.

Advertisement