Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Shop T&C's

Options
  • 24-08-2015 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have set up an online shop and I use paypal as the payment gateway. How do I find out what terms and conditions I need to display. Is there a standard T&C that I could copy from a similar site maybe (obviously replacing small details) or does it need to be original to my site?

It is electronic devices I am selling

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

copy, paste and change to your company/trading name.

Check over it fully to ensure it applies to you.

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

delahuntv wrote: »
    copy, paste and change to your company/trading name.

Check over it fully to ensure it applies to you.

This is a great example how free advice can get you in a lot of trouble. No you cannot copy and paste the work a competitor paid their lawyers to write. Why? Because its stealing and will likely get you sued.

The basics are make sure you are compliant with the EU Distant Selling regulations. The correct advice is to seek your own legal council, If you decide that isn't viable, then study the law, read through the distant selling act and other professional websites to get idea's but please don't think its ok steal other people's paid work like delahuntv suggests.

Advertisement