Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inquest told of death of a landlord

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

was reading that earlier, very sad case

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Stheno wrote: »
    was reading that earlier, very sad case

the stress of having to deal with tenants like that would be very high. Just the knowing what is been done to you is wrong but the law is an Ass as they say. It can be hard to stay positive

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Plenty of suicides caused by business losses. Not unusual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Pac2015

sad situation for the family to have to come to terms with[/QUOTE]

That's terrible for the man there are alot of tenants out there who just wreck places they dont care that it belongs to some else and that after they leave it has to repaired and can cost alot of money, my first tenants in my apartment absolutely wrecked the place beyond belief I was so upset I stood in it crying for about an hour afterwards wondering how was I going to sort it out money wise and just in general.
    I won't go into details as to what they did to the place or how they left it as it would make you sick lets just say their hygiene is questionable.
    Luckily I had a great family and still has the number of the guy who did the place up before I moved out he repaired everything and my family gave me money which I paid them back 2 weeks later and cleaners had to come in for 4 hours.

I learned after that and have a wonderful tenant now thankfully but I can only imagine if they were not paying rent and this man could not pay mortgage its really terrible.
    I hope he is at peace now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

snubbleste wrote: »
    Plenty of suicides caused by business losses. Not unusual.

Not as catchy a headline though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement