Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mottly Brew Refund

Options
  • 24-08-2015 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Just wondering if anyone has had any issues with online orders or refunds from Mottly Brew?
    I ordered a grain mill and few other items 3 weeks ago, a week later there was no sign of the order and I contacted Mottly brew and was told they had no mills in stock and that i could have a refund for the full order. It's been a week and a half and I still haven't received a refund and they haven't responded to any of my emails and their phone number isn't active anymore. Will definitely be avoiding ordering from them again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Liamo08

Pyro7046 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has had any issues with online orders or refunds from Mottly Brew?
    I ordered a grain mill and few other items 3 weeks ago, a week later there was no sign of the order and I contacted Mottly brew and was told they had no mills in stock and that i could have a refund for the full order. It's been a week and a half and I still haven't received a refund and they haven't responded to any of my emails and their phone number isn't active anymore. Will definitely be avoiding ordering from them again.

Had a pretty much identical experience with them, escalated on PayPal and I got the refund. I think the refunds can generally take a while to come through so it may be a genuine delay however you'd expect better communication. Not sure what the issue is as I've found him sound when I've gone into the shop in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭anthonyvbyrne

Went into motley brew shop in finglas a few weeks ago. Had money in pocket. - wanted to buy a " starter kit". The guy was disinterested in selling me anything over the counter, and instead referred me to their website. I pushed a little, asking if he could make up a list of the things I would need as a beginner, again came the reply, you can look that up on the Internet. I left the shop somewhat disappointed, But decided against buying anything off their website. If he wouldn't/couldn't sell me anything direct over the counter, what chance would I have of receiving stuff over the Internet. The words piss-up. And brewery come to mind

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭anthonyvbyrne

Also, it dosent bode well if the guy is more inclined to offer a refund rather than resolve the supply issue and fulfill your order. Just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I'll jump in here just in the interest of balance.

I went to motley brew before bottling recently.

He put a new tap on a fermentation vessel for me.

I bought some muslin bags and other bits and pieces from him.

Seemed like a nice guy to me and very helpful with any questions as a first time brewer.

Only issue I had is he didn't have an autosiphon in stock but said he could order it in etc.. I didn't do that in the end but got the feeling it'd be no hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 The Mottly Brew

Hi Pyro,

You had 3 failed orders 2751, 2752, 2753 and eventually 2754 was excepted this caused confusion as our system said you order failed due to non payment. It has been resolved now but please be assured no money was taken from the transaction from Paypal as your good were not shipped. You were informed there was a problem in getting Corona mills and still is.

I apologise for your bad experience and hope to provide a better service in the future all comments taken on board.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Pyro7046

Hi Pyro,

You had 3 failed orders 2751, 2752, 2753 and eventually 2754 was excepted this caused confusion as our system said you order failed due to non payment. It has been resolved now but please be assured no money was taken from the transaction from Paypal as your good were not shipped. You were informed there was a problem in getting Corona mills and still is.

I apologise for your bad experience and hope to provide a better service in the future all comments taken on board.

I appreciate the response but it is a bit frustrating that I tried to contact you on numerous occasions without any response, your phone line clearly doesn't work and that raises a red flag for me straight away with any business. Thank you for making the refund but i think i'll stick to using get er brewed and the homebrew company from now on.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

If this conversation needs to be continued, please do so by PM. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement