Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem Verified by Visa

Options
  • 24-08-2015 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Hi,

I've recently attempted to use my visa debit card online to make a purchase only to be confronted by verified by visa. Unfortunately it seems that I am locked out of my account without having that opportunity to enter my password, let alone enter it incorrectly.

I am aware that I must ring up the help desk but I don't have the ability to call premium numbers on my mobile (and the last time I rang BOI my €5 credit ran out in less than 2 minutes which was annoying and off-putting) 

So I'm asking why do we have to ring up? Why is it not possible to rectify the issue through email/some secure online messaging seen as the problem is routed online?

Not sure if this can be answered, if not that's completely understandable.

Thanks,
    Adam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi MagicHumanDoll,

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie.

We have checked our Verified by Visa line just now and can confirm that there is currently no hold time. You can call 0818 251 251 / 056 77 57303, press option 2 and this will direct you straight through to a representative. 

Although, currently the only option to unlock or rest your password is via phone call, we constantly review our processes to make banking easier for our customers. We appreciate your feedback today and we will certainly forward this to the relevant department for future reviews. 

Thanks again, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement