Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to buy good quality inking pens in Dublin?

• 24-08-2015 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if any knows of anywhere to buy pens and markers for inking and colouring comic style graphics.

for inking im looking at Staedtler Pigment Liner Pens which seem reasonably priced but would like to buy them in store rather than online to get the ones i actually want.

From what i've read online the industry leader for colouring is Copic but they run at up to 8 euro per pen, F**k that! :eek:

I have seen Prismacolor Premier Double-Ended Brush Tip Marker Sets mentioned a lot also and they seem a bit more affordable but besides buying from Amazon is there any stores in Dublin that stock these? Seems the packs you buy online are going to be limited in colour, i.e. 6 packs of greys or need to be bought in larger volume to get colours 24/48 packs which start to get quite pricey.

The cheapest i've found online seem to be Letraset Promarkers but the reviews on them aren't great.?

Any input would be great!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I use Promarkers for colouring stamped images. They are perfectly fine for me. There is also a blender pen. I'm not an artist, but if you search Youtube there are lots of Promarker demos. Here's one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVjxxkKs2xg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Hey thanks for your input :)

I went ahead and bought a pack of letraset greys so i'll see how i get on with them and if they are good i'll buy the larger student pack which seems like good value. That blender pen looks handy too

Advertisement