Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for basketball club

Options
  • 24-08-2015 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi im fairly new to Dublin and would love to join a basketball club or even just some pick up games. Im from the states so i dont know much about the basketball scene here. Any info or advice would be appreciated thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Niamhf

There's a club finder on the basketball Ireland website :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Emonee13

Niamhf wrote: »
    There's a club finder on the basketball Ireland website :)

Are there any requirements to join a club? Does age matter or are there clubs for different ages. Thanks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Emonee13 wrote: »
    Are there any requirements to join a club? Does age matter or are there clubs for different ages. Thanks

There are a number of divisions in senior basketball in Dublin, so depending on your skill level, commitment to the team etc, you can pretty much find a club to suit. I know guys in their 40s and 50s who still play competitively.

No real issues to joining clubs, most are happy to have larger squads as a lot of people struggle to commit to training and matches every week with work and family commitments taking priority as to be expected.

A larger squad can guarantee a decent bench for every game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Emonee13

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    There are a number of divisions in senior basketball in Dublin, so depending on your skill level, commitment to the team etc, you can pretty much find a club to suit. I know guys in their 40s and 50s who still play competitively.

No real issues to joining clubs, most are happy to have larger squads as a lot of people struggle to commit to training and matches every week with work and family commitments taking priority as to be expected.

A larger squad can guarantee a decent bench for every game.

Sounds great. So do I just contact a club directly or is there a signing up process or tryouts? Sorry for all the questions. Im just a bit clueless here but am very interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Niamhf

I'd say make contact via phone or email, tell them your skill level and they should be able to help you out :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Emonee13 wrote: »
    Sounds great. So do I just contact a club directly or is there a signing up process or tryouts? Sorry for all the questions. Im just a bit clueless here but am very interested.

Most clubs are happy to welcome new members and the general reaction I got when I first moved to Dublin was to pop along to a training session and see how you get on.

Hope it all works out well for you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lurraca

Did you joined any club?

Advertisement