Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plastering Cost - Attic

Options
  • 24-08-2015 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just to contribute here as it may come in useful to someone pricing about:

Took the initiative to put insulated plasterboard in the attic. It's a pretty decent size. Did the plasterboard myself but decided to get quote in for the plastering. Not the cleanest of jobs on my part! There was roughly 30 boards to cover, 4 of which needed hung first. Had two quotes:

1. 1,800 all in (material and labour)

2. 900 for labour and materials my problem (sourced from builders provider for 350) - total 1,250

550 quid in the difference - big enough I thought but very happy with work done. Shop around!

HTH someone

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Did you tape a seal a vapour barrier inside the insulation before you put up the slabs?

We're either of these quotes/ guys paying vat?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭johnmurph01

BryanF wrote: »
    Did you tape a seal a vapour barrier inside the insulation before you put up the slabs?

We're either of these quotes/ guys paying vat?

Hi There - I decided not to install the vapour barrier. I am mid terraced.

VAT - I didn't get a VAT receipt. Although rather strange as they are an established firm with good few vans on the road.

Advertisement