Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRI revenue scheme problem

Options
  • 24-08-2015 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,
    I bought a house in Sept. 2013 and got quotes for refurbishment. I chose a builder who said he would use HRI scheme and work was carried out before the HRI scheme went live online.

I also did not have the Property ID from the revenue until the following June 2014 so could not provide this to the builder to input the details of the job.

On completion of work I had some disagreement with the builder but he was paid in full in excess of 20,000.

I have repeatedly asked the builder to input the details but am getting no response from him. I also contacted revenue about this but their letter just quoted from the HRI Guidelines which were not possible for as the system wasn't live and I didn't have required property id from revenue.

I badly need this resolved can anyone offer me any advice where to go from here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Moved from Consumer Issues

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I would imagine (though I hope I'm wrong), that legally you haven't a leg to stand on. If I rememver rightly, it was the obligation of the home owner to make sure the details were all input before works commenced.
    I didn't realise this at the time, and got a new kitchen. I (probably foolishly) never pursued it afterwards, because I thought it was my slip up, and that there was nothing I could do. I suppose that a year on I haven't much chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 teire01

I get your point but I had work done before the system went live online and also revenue had not given me property id so I couldn't have got builder to post details prior to starting work as the guidelines recommended.

I am hoping that if someone had a similar situation they could advise me how to resolve it.

I paid the builder in full and have his vat reg. no. but I wasn't happy with all the work and didn't give him a reference so bit of disagreement at the end. I think this is why he's ignoring the request to input details.

Advertisement