Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paracetamol during pregnancy?

Options
  • 24-08-2015 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭

Hi, my girlfriend is 7 months pregnant and suffering with a bad back and a trapped nerve around her ribs. She went to our GP who suggested 2 paracetamol 4 times a day for the next 7 days. I know he's the doc, and I'm not, but does that sound excessive? Not only excessive, but how could that work for the next 10 weeks of pregnancy? He hardly expects her to keep chomping them at that rate? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭je551e

I've had bad back pain throughout my pregnancy, my doctor has advised to take paracetamol but only when I really really have to. I mainly take it once a day only when I can't bare the pain. Can she try other methods like baths etc to help?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Paracetamol is fine to take in pregnancy. What your doc advised is the maximum dose in 24 hours, if she doesn't need to take all of it she doesn't have to. After the 7 days if there's no change she can go back and discuss it further.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Mod:

OP, discussing dosages is something that you need to do with a GP or pharmacist, so I have to close this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement