Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to find out who is selling apartment?

Options
  • 24-08-2015 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

I'm viewing an apartment this evening & hoping to make offer next week - the property has been advertised as for sale on Daft & myhome since last July. When I contacted EA I was told the apt. was " in NAMA & not available for sale" yet. The EA was very vague about why it was being advertised if it wasn't available for sale & who was instructing them to keep marketing the property even when they had no permission to show it etc.
    The apartment is now re-entered (with a higher price) as for sale . . . is there any way I can find out if it really is a NAMA sale? Would the vendor (client of NAMA) really be able to sell through their choice of EA or would it not have to go to auction? If anyone has experience or insight in how to proceed when I bid (or if there is a different way to approach NAMA sales), I'd love advice as I'm concerned there will be lots of interest seeing as it was marketed for so long!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Nua wrote: »
    How to find out who is selling apartment?
    I can't see this information being forthcoming. You could of course try the PRA www.prai.ie but here is a modest fee, you would need to know the exact property details and the file would need to be up to date.

Many 'NAMA sales' are sells forced on other parties because there is a debt owing.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭CaoimheSquee

This really could be something as simple as the EA having been told to put it on the market to drum up interest but the property may have still had tenants in it that weren't happy with viewings so they had to wait till the notice was up.
    Really if the EA says it is a NAMA sale then it very unlikely that it isn't. And as for who is actually selling it, the EA is.
    Just go to when the viewings start and if you like it then make an offer that suits you. Don't read so much more into it or you will go mad!

Advertisement