Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgages for the self employed

Options
  • 24-08-2015 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering who either bank or broker would be the best to approach for a mortgage. I don't have a specific property in mind yet, the deposit isn't an issue but Id like to know what range I'm allowed to play in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Just wondering who either bank or broker would be the best to approach for a mortgage. I don't have a specific property in mind yet, the deposit isn't an issue but Id like to know what range I'm allowed to play in.

I found going to my own bank was best.

Just be prepared for the usual sort of stuff, audited accounts up to 2014 and notice of assessments for 2012-2013. Also a letter from your accountant saying your tax affairs are up to date.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Just be prepared for the usual sort of stuff, audited accounts up to 2014 and notice of assessments for 2012-2013. Also a letter from your accountant saying your tax affairs are up to date.

Weirdly Ive found that banks dont accept revenue documents as proof of earnings.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭BobBobBobBob

I'm self employed and had to do all the above to get approval for a mortgage with BoI, I also had had to get a new contract because my current one was up in September.

All the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Weirdly Ive found that banks dont accept revenue documents as proof of earnings.
    It's not being offered as proof of earnings. It's being offered to show that the earnings you have proven with your other documents are not going to take a sudden dive when the Revenue catch up with you.

Advertisement