Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wanted] Trying to find studio apartment that allows small dog - Dublin South

Options
  • 24-08-2015 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi i am looking into renting a bedsit / studio apartment i have seen a few ranging from the €500 - €850 range there is one small thing that i may have trouble with and that is i need to be allowed have my jack russell small dog
    does anyone know is it possible to find a bedsit that will allow pets in Dublin south

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

You'll struggle to find an apartment that allows dogs in the first place, they are banned in the vast majority of apartment buildings. The number of studio apartments available has drastically reduced since legislation was introduced requiring each studio to have it's own bathroom. One needle in a haystack is hard enough to find, you've just doubled the size of the haystack and halved the size of the needle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

You want to live in a bedsit with a dog?

Is that even fair on the dog, or healthy for you??

• Registered Users Posts: 25,886 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

You want to live in a bedsit with a dog?

Is that even fair on the dog, or healthy for you??

You think the dog would appreciate sleeping rough more than in a studio?

OP, you're more likely to find a granny flat attached to a house that will take a dog than an apartment in a complex. Good luck with the search, I suspect you'll need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Perhaps consider outside Dublin?
    I know a couple who have a dog and couldn't get anywhere in Dublin that would take them, but they found a cottage in Blessington with a garden and a LL with no problem accepting a dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Did a search of Dublin City, max rent €850, with the "pets allowed" box ticked.

http://www.daft.ie/21574915
    €790 in Artane, Dublin 5
    One bed with access to a small garden.

http://www.daft.ie/21581452
    €480 Ballymun, Dublin 11
    Two bed house, one person already living there. Photos 3 has what looks like a small dogs bed :)

Any reason for it having to be South Dublin?

• Advertisement
Advertisement