Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl - recommendations

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Anyone try the gyozas?

I missed them, and I think they're gone now :(:mad:

I saw them in the Lidl UK Christmas TV advert, I think they're from the frozen party food range. I'm going to have a look for them myself, as I hadn't (to my memory) seen them in my local branches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

BuffyBot wrote: »
    I saw them in the Lidl UK Christmas TV advert, I think they're from the frozen party food range. I'm going to have a look for them myself, as I hadn't (to my memory) seen them in my local branches

It says there not available anymore on the app (I added them to my shopping list,now theyre greyed out).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

The deluxe potato gratin with emmental were nice, bit pricey at 4 for I think €2.49

Anyone try the gyozas?

I missed them, and I think they're gone now :(:mad:

Got some this morning! Ate them for lunch :D

Pretty tasty (the chicken ones). Will buy a pack or two and stick them in the freezer for Christmas :D

Got some this morning! Ate them for lunch :D

Pretty tasty (the chicken ones). Will buy a pack or two and stick them in the freezer for Christmas :D

Couldn't find them in the fridges or freezers in my local.

Where were they in yours?

Im not giving up on them yet!I hope I just missed them

• Advertisement

Couldn't find them in the fridges or freezers in my local.

Where were they in yours?

Im not giving up on them yet!I hope I just missed them

Very back of the store, in the wall mounted freezer cabinets alongside their mini pizza and mini spring roll party food counterparts, with some kangaroo and ostrich steaks which have pretty much been there for last year.

Your store layout may vary ;)

Very back of the store, in the wall mounted freezer cabinets alongside their mini pizza and mini spring roll party food counterparts, with some kangaroo and ostrich steaks which have pretty much been there for last year.

Your store layout may vary ;)

Most store layouts are the same. I dont think mine had them, I had a look in those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Very back of the store, in the wall mounted freezer cabinets
    pretty sure I saw them in the same place in mine, all the weekly special/limited stuff tends to be in the same fridges.

Never heard the name before, I thought it said gyros

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭essgee268

has any one bought the Sous Vide machines. they are on offer at moment fo 69.99

Most store layouts are the same. I dont think mine had them, I had a look in those.

I've seen the red party food range in the floor level, top opening freezers in another nearby branch so worth scouting the entire frozen section is you're committed to finding them :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

essgee268 wrote: »
    has any one bought the Sous Vide machines. they are on offer at moment fo 69.99

My OH did - tested it on the pork shoulder I had bought. I know nothing about Sous Vide's, but the pork is tender, moist and tasty. Took way longer than a slow cooker - but maybe that's the point :confused:

juke wrote: »
    My OH did - tested it on the pork shoulder I had bought. I know nothing about Sous Vide's, but the pork is tender, moist and tasty. Took way longer than a slow cooker - but maybe that's the point :confused:

Sure is. "Under vacuum" !

I've seen the red party food range in the floor level, top opening freezers in another nearby branch so worth scouting the entire frozen section is you're committed to finding them :P

The cold and fog this evening kept me away but Ill be in there tomorrow come rain or shine. I do love some gyozas!:D

The smoked brie went down nicely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Beef carpaccio a bit salty but nice.

Beef carpaccio a bit salty but nice.

Agreed. A spritz of lemon juice alongside the serving suggestion did help cut though that (IMHO)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,810 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

humberklog wrote: »
    The lobster's back!
    I've been waiting for these as I'm doing lunch for about 14 on christmas.
    They've gone up to 6.99 though (from a fiver 2 year ago).

They are half price this week, but selling fast...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

In the deluxe range they have lemon shortcake biscuits. Little star shaped ones. Really really nice.

Whispered wrote: »
    In the deluxe range they have lemon shortcake biscuits. Little star shaped ones. Really really nice.

Aldi have these on regular basis not star shaped. Scottish ones I think 1.29 for about 10 in the box. They are great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

vicwatson wrote: »
    Aldi have these on regular basis not star shaped. Scottish ones I think 1.29 for about 10 in the box. They are great

Great. Aldi is my regular shop but I was thinking of going to lidl to pick them up. Glad I won't have to now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭9or10

odyssey06 wrote: »
    They are half price this week, but selling fast...

Empty rack this morning :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Oh my, the brisket pie is unreal. It's head and shoulders over the rest of their produce. It's the winner of the Taste of Success 2016. If you don't like stout though, you might not like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,313 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Opened the bag of deluxe gammon and mustard crisps last night....mmmmm....sooooo very good :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

leahyl wrote: »
    Opened the bag of deluxe gammon and mustard crisps last night....mmmmm....sooooo very good :D
    The pig in a blanket ones are lovely aswell, nice smokey bacon taste, huge bag for 79 cent. The goats cheese and apple chutney ones from the same range are the most disgusting crisps Ive ever eaten :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,313 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Thargor wrote: »
    The pig in a blanket ones are lovely aswell, nice smokey bacon taste, huge bag for 79 cent. The goats cheese and apple chutney ones from the same range are the most disgusting crisps Ive ever eaten :D

Cheers, must try those pigs in blanket ones so :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

100% agree with this. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Oh my, the brisket pie is unreal. It's head and shoulders over the rest of their produce. It's the winner of the Taste of Success 2016. If you don't like stout though, you might not like it.
    Very nice pie alright, serious whiff of stout off it as you said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,504 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Very nice pie alright, serious whiff of stout off it as you said.
    Is this a frozen or fresh pie?

And what's the ratio of pastry to filling? I've had to give up on most of Lidl's pies - as much as I love pastry (and I really, really do) they're too much even for me!

Fresh macarons are lovely, bar the coffee one...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Is this a frozen or fresh pie?

And what's the ratio of pastry to filling? I've had to give up on most of Lidl's pies - as much as I love pastry (and I really, really do) they're too much even for me!

It's topped with cheddar potato and it's jam packed with beef. It's also fresh.

Advertisement