Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl - recommendations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

It's topped with cheddar potato and it's jam packed with beef. It's also fresh.
    Aha - so not a pastry pie at all - excellent!

Frozen or fresh?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Aha - so not a pastry pie at all - excellent!

Frozen or fresh?

Thanks!

The pie is nice. It isn't frozen nor can it be frozen according to the storage instructions.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Where are these pies stored in Lidl? along by the....?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

vicwatson wrote: »
    Where are these pies stored in Lidl? along by the....?

Along by the other pies :D

But seriously, they are in the fridge with the fresh soups/salads.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I can see the sales of this pie sky rocketing. I had it for dinner again tonight, the only thing is it has carrots in it in the picture but alas no carrots in the real thing.

• Advertisement

I can see the sales of this pie sky rocketing. I had it for dinner again tonight, the only thing is it has carrots in it in the picture but alas no carrots in the real thing.
    Does it have the look of a Christmas special about it, or something that might be stocked longer-term?

Never got near a Lidl today unfortunately (probably no bad thing, I'll hardly starve in the next few days, and if it can't be frozen.....)

Does it have the look of a Christmas special about it, or something that might be stocked longer-term?

Never got near a Lidl today unfortunately (probably no bad thing, I'll hardly starve in the next few days, and if it can't be frozen.....)

It's the Taste of Success winner so the aim is to have it on the shelves all year round. It's not festive but more Wintery goodness :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Has anyone tried the Belgium Chocolate Pudding with the clementine sauce in the middle? Seriously delicious, especially with some whipped cream on top !
    Little sachet of gold dust as well, to the delight of the kids. :D

I randomly picked up a box of Favorina spiced biscuits with almonds, just because they sounded a bit seasonal and I love almonds.

Well, they're gorgeous.

I'll be stocking up on more of them if I can find them in the next few days!

I randomly picked up a box of Favorina spiced biscuits with almonds, just because they sounded a bit seasonal and I love almonds.

Well, they're gorgeous.

I'll be stocking up on more of them if I can find them in the next few days!

Further to this, not only did I get a couple more packs, but at a 50% discount :) Plus some yummy looking dark choc butter biscuits also at 50% off.

AND a brisket pie to boot.

Happy camper here!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Picked up the Brisket pie last night and it's lovely. Loved the stout flavour in the sauce, it's different. The meat was good as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Davexirl wrote: »
    Picked up the Brisket pie last night and it's lovely. Loved the stout flavour in the sauce, it's different. The meat was good as well.

Just tried it tonight and it is indeed very good :D

You can all thank me later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

The Gyozas are back!

They're lovely dipped in a little bit of light soya sauce

Had in hand today and then spotted the mash is "mustard" mash, that was a deal breaker for me, wish they would just do a "normal" mash topping

Had in hand today and then spotted the mash is "mustard" mash, that was a deal breaker for me, wish they would just do a "normal" mash topping
    I haven't got around to eating mine yet, but when buying it I noticed that it said on one bit of the packaging that it was mustard mash, but in another place it said cheese mash, and I'm sure whoever first recommended them here said cheese mash as well.

I'll give it the taste test before writing it off!

I haven't got around to eating mine yet, but when buying it I noticed that it said on one bit of the packaging that it was mustard mash, but in another place it said cheese mash, and I'm sure whoever first recommended them here said cheese mash as well.

Maybe there's a cheese mash one too then?

Maybe there's a cheese mash one too then?
    No, it was the same one I was looking at!

Had one today, no sign of mustard in the mash at all. Unless different stores get different types supplied.

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Had one today, no sign of mustard in the mash at all. Unless different stores get different types supplied.

Must be the case, as these ones I looked at said mustard mash

• Advertisement

No, it was the same one I was looking at!

Packaging printing error I guess

Actually here is the one I was looking at -

taste1.png

Yeah, that was me. It was a cheddar mash on the topping and it wasn't too strong.

Just went to check, packaging was put into the stove! But I tasted no mustard. Will have to buy more tomorrow. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

I had one last night and it tasted different to the last one I had. Maybe if there's different mash, that would explain it! The one last night was definitely mustard mash and didn't seem as nice as the one I'd had before.

Had the brisket pie this evening for my dinner. Meh.

Maybe I wasn't hungry enough for it, but it was very, very rich and the meat was a bit stringy (I'm very leery about meat in things like this). However I ate it all, which tells its own story!

On the upside, there were some carrots and peas in it (you'd hardly notice them, the pic on the packaging is a tad misleading!) and the gravy was really lovely.

Mash was quite mustardy - if that's the only variety available then I won't be going for this again.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Marymidlands

Had the pie twice now and I love it. Wish it was capable of being frozen as its great for a mid week dinner with veg for other half if I'm late home. Are there long dates on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'm always disappointed by "these all one" pie pies, they really do need to be made by hand.

Another thing I love is the sherry trifle they have. It's got really nice custard and tastes homemade. I didn't get it this year though but might check if they have it this week. It's in a large container and is delicious.

amontilxmas_01_f.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

The Irish cream liquer cheesecake is lovely aswell.

Advertisement