Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl - recommendations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Marymidlands

Tiramisu is beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭th283

fin12 wrote: »
    The Irish cream liquer cheesecake is lovely aswell.

And the fact it's Irish made is a plus too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭CaoimheSquee

Their Organic salmon and Deluxe organic porridge wafer flakes are really very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

Their Organic salmon and Deluxe organic porridge wafer flakes are really very good.

I did not like the porridge at all, its not a patch on Aldi Kavanagh's organic.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Just in from shopping and LIDL have a new line; ready made sandwiches for E1.29... I have had them from dealz for E1.50 which is far less than eg tesco. LIDLs are on sturdy wholemeal bread and very tasty . I had the chicken and stuffing .

• Advertisement

LIDL also have a constant supply of litre packs of long life milk. I have and will rely ion this more and more as I cannot get out very often now, Last winter it was very hard to find...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭9or10

Graces7 wrote: »
    Just in from shopping and LIDL have a new line; ready made sandwiches for E1.29... I have had them from dealz for E1.50 which is far less than eg tesco. LIDLs are on sturdy wholemeal bread and very tasty . I had the chicken and stuffing .

Snap.

Just in from Lidl as well. The town was absolutely chokker, not hekped by a collision on the main road in.

The two of us snorked a chicken and stuffing sandwich in the car - very pleasant. Didn't even realise it was a new line.

Was delighted to pick a Stollen reduced to about a euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭9or10

Plus

Lidl's "Low GI Multiseed Cob" €1.89, made a lovely companion to their Mackeral fillets for a quick, tasty tea. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

vicwatson wrote: »

taste1.png

The pie is meant to be a cheesy mustard mash. Should have chedder in the description on the back

I was curious to see if people liked it as much as i do... (Its my sister's recipe :pac: )
    And i know it doesn't say you CAN freeze it but i have it on very good authority it can be. I've done it also and survived. But don't risk it if ye don't want to :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Very low level of mustard on the mash, in my opinion. More a colourant than any discernable test. Like them otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

They are beautiful. A real winner in this house. I knew when I looked at them that they would freeze well so I plan on stocking up. Lidl can be so hit and miss with things disappearing, never to be restocked so I really hope this doesn't go the same way.

If it sells well for the year they can decide to keep it stocked.
    So keep buying it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,946 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Ive overdosed on it now and gone completely off it, Ill go back to it next Winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    If it sells well for the year they can decide to keep it stocked.
    So keep buying it :D

Is that your sister with the dark hair?

Yep it is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Yep it is :)

Tell her well done and we're all bigging up her pie on here :o

Haha will do. Im glad most of ye like it!

I must say it was quite surprising how much beef is in the shop one! Was thinking it was gonna be a bit measley

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Had one last week and was disappointed with the paucity of vegetables. I only counted a few peas, and carrots were non-existent. Other than that, it was very tasty and very filling. Potato was very nice for a chilled product. Congrats to your sister for winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

^^^ what he said. Definitely more veg would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Had one last week and was disappointed with the paucity of vegetables. I only counted a few peas, and carrots were non-existent. Other than that, it was very tasty and very filling. Potato was very nice for a chilled product. Congrats to your sister for winning.

Paucity is a word we don't use enough Harry, thanks for reminding me of it!
    I picked up one of the Deluxe chocolate covered nut and fruit selections this evening, left over from Christmas. Goooorgeous. And the little (plastic) metallic scoop thing is cute too (I can state now with authority that I will never use the thing but it remains adorable!).
    Multi-seed roll from the bakery was lovely too.
    Mmmm carbs.

• Advertisement

Thats very true,
    Im guessing the company making it are trying to deliver on the beef more.
    id take less veg over less beef any day though!

Havnt been to lidl in a while..there isnt one where i am and its a good thing too because i love those mousse chocolate sticks!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I picked up the macarons after Christmas when they were reduced to €2. Very decent for the price.

The Deluxe brandy butter in the glass jar is excellent as is the gluten-free White chocolate & cranberry cookies

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Thats very true,
    Im guessing the company making it are trying to deliver on the beef more.
    id take less veg over less beef any day though!

Havnt been to lidl in a while..there isnt one where i am and its a good thing too because i love those mousse chocolate sticks!
    Another vote for more veg here! I found the pie quite rich/heavy. But I wasn't starving hungry.

And maybe I got a rogue one, but I found the mash quite sharp - would prefer it to be more cheesy and less mustardy.

Will definitely try another one on a hungrier day though, and see how I find it!

Well done to your sis.

And feck you anyway for reminding me of the mousse sticks :o

they don't seem to be very consistent so because my next door neighbour said his first one was very salty, next one was perfect.

haha sorry :D

9or10 wrote: »
    Snap.

Just in from Lidl as well. The town was absolutely chokker, not hekped by a collision on the main road in.

The two of us snorked a chicken and stuffing sandwich in the car - very pleasant. Didn't even realise it was a new line.

Was delighted to pick a Stollen reduced to about a euro.

Thay had a sign up to that effect. I had been in dealz intending to treat myself to a sandwich but they had not had the delivery yet so it was great to find the LIDL at a lower price too, Mine was chicken and stuffing too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

The first brisket pie I had was absolutely gorgeous. The second one was not and I'm not sure I'd purchase again as I binned most of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Had that Deluxe Chicken, Beechwood bacon and leek pie the other night, absolutely delicious

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

The Deluxe tiramisu is quite nice, love the low gi muliseed loaf too but by far my favourite Lidl product is the paprika flavoured Cristina Croc crisps. They hardly ever seem to have them though, so when I see them, I buy two or three bags with the intention of keeping them but end up scoffing them all. They're addictive :(

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭cbreeze

I try to grab the Italiamo four cheese sauce jars when they are in. The sauce is great for making carbonara, with either ham or the Lidl smoked salmon. As it is very thick it can be stretched with milk to go further.

Yum!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Graces7 wrote: »
    Thay had a sign up to that effect. I had been in dealz intending to treat myself to a sandwich but they had not had the delivery yet so it was great to find the LIDL at a lower price too, Mine was chicken and stuffing too!

Thats the first and last time anyone said they've been to Dealz to treat themself :D

:pac:

Advertisement