Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl - recommendations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

A week or two ago I saw some Deluxe cheese croquettes in the freezer in my local store.... thought they looked a bit tasty so got a couple of packs and bunged them in the freezer at home.

Took some out last night to cook - and discovered they're deep fat fry only :eek:

I literally cannot remember the last time I saw something that was dff only! Who even has deep fat fryers these days :confused:

(I bunged them in the oven for 20 mins, and although they were a bit anaemic looking, they were right tasty!)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Thats the first and last time anyone said they've been to Dealz to treat themself :D

:pac:

May be the first but I do it every week! One treat when I am in dealz... Got a bag of lovely lebcucken before Christmas.

The sandwiches are good and half the price of tesco... and LIDL now have beaten that!

When I knew where I was moving to , I checked and made sure there is ALDI and LIDL within easy reach, found a youtube of the drive to the nearest town and there they were! No dealz though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Pork Schnitzel are in 2 pack for 3.00, I'll buy some just because I like the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The low GI multiseed cob bread is delicious.
    Soft on the inside with a crunchy crust.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Their Deluxe mature gouda is lovely, nutty and slightly sharp

• Advertisement

Space Dog wrote: »
    Their Deluxe mature gouda is lovely, nutty and slightly sharp

As is the Comte - nom nom nom!

Just done my pre-shopping online price checks and LIDL have organic butternut squash at 49 cents; organic oranges and potatoes ditto.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Anyone know if Lidl have stopped selling frozen scampi and the frozen half legs of lamb? Havent seen them the last couple of times Ive been in

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Graces7 wrote: »
    Just done my pre-shopping online price checks and LIDL have organic butternut squash at 49 cents; organic oranges and potatoes ditto.

I love butternut squash. It's nice roasted and in soups.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,946 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Anyone know if Lidl have stopped selling frozen scampi and the frozen half legs of lamb? Havent seen them the last couple of times Ive been in
    Ah what Lidl had Scampi all along? Was it nice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The one in Finglas had them. They were alright, not spectactular or anything but a bargain at 2.49 a bag

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Pretty sure I saw Scampi in either Kildare or Newbridge the other day. Wasn't really paying attention as shellfish and I have a hate/death relationship :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Has anyone else noticed a lack of the Milbona Natural Yoghurt in the last 2 weeks? I'm a big fan of the low fat one. Two weeks ago, I couldn't get it in Ennis or Shannon, so I bought the low fat Greek yoghurt - but even that is gone off the shelf this week.

I tried filling in the online contact form yesterday, but no reply yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

chuckles30 wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed a lack of the Milbona Natural Yoghurt in the last 2 weeks? I'm a big fan of the low fat one. Two weeks ago, I couldn't get it in Ennis or Shannon, so I bought the low fat Greek yoghurt - but even that is gone off the shelf this week.

Give them a ring with the barcode if you can or speak to manager in store

1800 20 10 80

I couldn't tell you the brand (Milbona sounds familiar though) but I haven't been able to find small pots of natural yoghurt in Lidl or Aldi lately - it all seems to be Greek-style these days which isn't half as nice.

There's no way I'd ever finish one of those buckets of yoghurt which they do have, the four-pack of individual pots were brilliant. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

If its the 500g pots for 49c, the barcode is 2000 2077. I have an empty one here!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

GXGGoV7.jpg

Not sure I am recommending this though....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

inforfun wrote: »
    http://i.imgur.com/GXGGoV7.jpg

Not sure I am recommending this though....

Looks like something you see in a students apartment....beside the beer can Christmas tree...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

They have special offers on organic products, and I'd say most of it is made by a German company.
    If you go to the special offers fridge, look out for Streichrahm - comes in little pots the size and shape of sour cream pots. It's essentially thickened sour cream with herbs and spices, meant to be spread on bread. And it's de-li-cious! Smoother than cream cheese and so, so tasty.

Best on slice of their Low GI Multiseed bread :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭9or10

Shenshen wrote: »

Lovely with Mackeral fillets. Nom Nom Nom :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭ellejay

Shenshen wrote: »
    They have special offers on organic products, and I'd say most of it is made by a German company.
    If you go to the special offers fridge, look out for Streichrahm - comes in little pots the size and shape of sour cream pots. It's essentially thickened sour cream with herbs and spices, meant to be spread on bread. And it's de-li-cious! Smoother than cream cheese and so, so tasty.

That sounds lovely.
    I'm unfamiliar with it though.
    Are there different flavours eg like creamed cheese or just the one pot called Streichrahm.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

ellejay wrote: »
    That sounds lovely.
    I'm unfamiliar with it though.
    Are there different flavours eg like creamed cheese or just the one pot called Streichrahm.

I've seen 3 flavours - fresh herbs, red pepper and horseradish.

The horseradish one would probably be really good with your smoked mackerel, 9or10 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 42 8 ball pool

vegetable spring rolls, much nicer than aldi's

Avocados ripe 49 cent and chicken drumsticks or thighs 2 euros. Great bargains :)

Avocados ripe 49 cent and chicken drumsticks or thighs 2 euros. Great bargains :)

Stocked up this morning! And they still have organic butternut for 49 cents. Oh legs as well.... and a huge assortment in the reduced section today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Sorry if this was covered here before - but I bought the 'corn-fed' eggs this week and they are delicious. I normally go for the cheaper option & I cannot remember the price, but well worth the extra few cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Kilderg Autumn Fruits jam 350g. Seriously fruity, would be nice on top of a cheesecake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Happened to be stuck in very slow moving traffic this evening on my way home from work, and spotted a Lidl up ahead so decided to pop in for a few bits and pieces.

Picked up a jar of their "Deluxe sweetcorn relish" to throw on hamburgers I decided to make for dinner (it's Friday night!)

Absolutely smashing! Delicious. Really really set the burgers off.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,750 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The "country loaf" from the bakery is absolutely gorgeous. Slight sourdoughy aspect to it. It makes amazing crostini/avocado toast.

• Advertisement

Fajita seasoning isn't bad. It's not as spicy as the Old El Paso range but it's doable.

Advertisement