Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl - recommendations

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

The French Special Frozen Potato Noisettes. 12 mins in the air fryer. Delish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭ellejay

just opened jan of the seville orange marmalade
    mmmmm!!!

wish i didn't go to lidl i'll put stones on

The new Finest/Deluxe Kettle Crisps in Slow Cooked Texas BBQ Rib flavour are nice, though they taste more like Chinese BBQ Ribs to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

gizmo81 wrote: »
    The French Special Frozen Potato Noisettes. 12 mins in the air fryer. Delish.

Jaysus as an Irishman I thought I'd seen it all - baked, boiled, mashed, sauteed, fried, chipped..
    Even that fancy French sh1te like croquettes and gratin..
    But wtf is a Noisette?

Hahaha tell me about it, the mother served potato 4 ways one Christmas.

These Lidl Noisettes are little balls of mash potato in a crispy shell.
    UsedToWait wrote: »
    Jaysus as an Irishman I thought I'd seen it all - baked, boiled, mashed, sauteed, fried, chipped..
    Even that fancy French sh1te like croquettes and gratin..
    But wtf is a Noisette?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Escargots are back in the freezer section. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Champagne €12.50 today and tomorrow - c'est magnifique

• Registered Users Posts: 9,506 ✭✭✭Heroditas

vicwatson wrote: »

Couldn't find any in the one in Lucan today. :(

Also did anyone get the bouncy castles last week? I picked one up and it's actually not too bad. The kids love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Heroditas wrote:
    Couldn't find any in the one in Lucan today.

None in Newbridge either. I'd say it flew out the door.

Cazale wrote: »
    None in Newbridge either. I'd say it flew out the door.

Try tomorrow, remember you'll only get it from 12.30 though, go in at 12.00 put it in your basket and hang around till 12.30:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Escargots are back in the freezer section. :)

I spotted them. Would you just saute them with garlic butter maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

vicwatson wrote: »

Is it good? I'm on wine and prosecco purchasing duties for my mother in laws birthday. I'm good with wine but not so much with bubbles. If this is good, i might get this and leave the prosecco.

It's lovely we've been getting it since after Christmas and it's the third time it's been on offer since then.

Highly recommend it, no comparison to the Lidl prosecco, so many bubbles :pac:
    yellow hen wrote: »
    Is it good? I'm on wine and prosecco purchasing duties for my mother in laws birthday. I'm good with wine but not so much with bubbles. If this is good, i might get this and leave the prosecco.

yellow hen wrote: »

Top notch for 12.50, you won't get champagne that good at that price in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Heroditas wrote: »
    Couldn't find any in the one in Lucan today. :(

Also did anyone get the bouncy castles last week? I picked one up and it's actually not too bad. The kids love it.

Loads it in athy yesterday.

Re the bouncy castle. How old are the kids? And how much was it. There were some in Athy yesterday but I figured they'd be no good so I didn't even price them. But if they're dcent and not too expensive I will pick one up!

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭QueenRizla

The Flammekueche, part of the French range is delicious �� kind of a flaky pastry base with creamy sauce, potatoes slices, bacon and cheese. Yummy, nice change to a frozen pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

The Deluxe Maris Piper chunky oven chips are lovely. I had them with some pepper sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

The pop'd barbecued poped crisps are nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,506 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Whispered wrote: »
    Loads it in athy yesterday.

Re the bouncy castle. How old are the kids? And how much was it. There were some in Athy yesterday but I figured they'd be no good so I didn't even price them. But if they're dcent and not too expensive I will pick one up!

Kids are (nearly) 5 and 2. Perfect for them. It can just about hold 3 or 4 kids that size.
    It cost €35 but you still need to get a pump to blow it up (preferably an electric one)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

They have ready-to-eat mangoes in store now which are just an utter joy. I would definitely recommend them.

• Advertisement

Skyr Blueberry and Elderberry Frozen Yoghurt, a box with two pots.

Tasty.

(Plain and Cherry available too.)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Got the mushroom risotto mix. Avoid avoid avoid. If you're in the mood for gloopy mushroom soup with rice then go ahead but otherwise avoid!

I got a pack of their snack mixed tomatoes yesterday. I normally avoid those as I feel "snack size" means just "we're giving you less, but because it looks so cute we'll charge you more". But the tomatoes looked so lovely and colourful, I decided to get them anyway.
    And they are amazingly yummy! Very sweet, 4 or 5 different varieties, and very, very tasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

^^^ Are they the ones that come in a container that looks a bit like a milkshake cup? I had them a few times a while ago when they were on special and they were gorgeous - like delicious, healthy little sweeties :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Solevita branded Spanish lemonade. Fantastic

B0jangles wrote: »
    ^^^ Are they the ones that come in a container that looks a bit like a milkshake cup? I had them a few times a while ago when they were on special and they were gorgeous - like delicious, healthy little sweeties :D

No, they actually came in a square plastic box. But maybe they changed packaging recently?
    Came in at 1.49, so it wasn't overly expensive, especially considering how nice they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I completely agree with the comment on the mixed tomatoes - I ate about 3/4 of the box in one sitting. I normally get the triangle box of baby plum tomatoes, but they were out, so picked up the mixed ones instead. I think the mixed ones are seasonal maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

chuckles30 wrote: »
    I completely agree with the comment on the mixed tomatoes - I ate about 3/4 of the box in one sitting. I normally get the triangle box of baby plum tomatoes, but they were out, so picked up the mixed ones instead. I think the mixed ones are seasonal maybe?

The ones in the triangular box are lovely! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Alpenfest spicy dried sausages, lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

It's Italiamo specials from today - love the 2 packs of desserts (yes I know I shouldn't) and I picked up the bruschetta last time too and it was delish.

Advertisement