Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl - recommendations

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Anyone notice there's no ice in stock anymore or mi wadi? I emailed them but they have no idea if/when they will be back in :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I noticed it three times :D

Something very slow about posting on my phone lately.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

I think the stock in my Lidl and Aldi is all over the place the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

any good wine ? everything I've tried has been meh.

Aldi seems much better for wine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

I like the Pecorino €7.99 it's a lovely Italian white wine

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭arian

Dornfelder red?

They also stopped the strawberry and mango and passion fruit vanilla ice cream lemon lollies. Becoming very unreliable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    They also stopped the strawberry and mango and passion fruit vanilla ice cream lemon lollies. Becoming very unreliable.

Had something to do with contaminated eggs in the rest of Europe read something about that on a Dutch and German website
    They don't know when production will be restarted
    loads of egg farms will be stay closed for a while

Still can't get them to come up with an answer about the lack of ice and mi wadi , surely they couldn't have been affected too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

B0jangles wrote: »
    A while ago I got a big tub of the vanilla-flavoured skyr they had and I would definitely NOT recommend it - really strong, unpleasant taste of artificial sweetener, and it's not something that I am particularly sensitive to either.

For any of you looking for Icelandic PLAIN SKYR, (your local) SuperValu should get it in, if you ask nicely! At least the SuperValu in Newcastlewest, Limerick, have now got the Icelandic SKYR in Plain as well as Vanilla (which I thought tasted nice) and Blueberry. Probably another fruit flavour, but forgot to look as I only wanted plain and vanilla.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

The rather lovely selection of Walloon and Flemish beers is being discontinued.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Anyone notice there's no ice in stock anymore or mi wadi? I emailed them but they have no idea if/when they will be back in :(

Yeah no ice here either. The last couple of times we got the Lidl diluted orange recently it was foul and we threw it down the sink. Really poor compared to the Aldi version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭caviardreams

iora_rua wrote: »
    For any of you looking for Icelandic PLAIN SKYR, (your local) SuperValu should get it in, if you ask nicely! At least the SuperValu in Newcastlewest, Limerick, have now got the Icelandic SKYR in Plain as well as Vanilla (which I thought tasted nice) and Blueberry. Probably another fruit flavour, but forgot to look as I only wanted plain and vanilla.

That plain/natural skyr (icelandic brand) is AMAZING but beyond expensive. €1.85 for 170g (used to be €2!) pot but it is fantastic and no added thickeners etc. proper legit skyr. An ALDI/LIDL version of plain skyr would be amazing.

Ice came back in today!! Still need the low sugar mi wadi though, hate traipsing to Super Valu which keeps changing its price every week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

That plain/natural skyr (icelandic brand) is AMAZING but beyond expensive. €1.85 for 170g (used to be €2!) pot but it is fantastic and no added thickeners etc. proper legit skyr. An ALDI/LIDL version of plain skyr would be amazing.

Yes, I agree it could do with being a bit cheaper, but possibly the price would come down if sales went up (wishful thinking!). I sometimes find that a supermarket brand of 'whatever' can have a number of unexpected extra ingredients added that may well lower the price, but not necessarily improve your health or waistline! For me anyway, that Icelandic SKYR wins hands down when you compare with other labels - and I can make a pot last two days (for two people) when mixed with a little low-fat yog and fruit (I feel so virtuous now :D).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Spanish spicy chilli chips (crisps) are back.
    Dangerously addictive and huge bags!!
    And actually spicy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

iora_rua wrote: »
    Yes, I agree it could do with being a bit cheaper, but possibly the price would come down if sales went up (wishful thinking!). I sometimes find that a supermarket brand of 'whatever' can have a number of unexpected extra ingredients added that may well lower the price, but not necessarily improve your health or waistline! For me anyway, that Icelandic SKYR wins hands down when you compare with other labels - and I can make a pot last two days (for two people) when mixed with a little low-fat yog and fruit (I feel so virtuous now :D).

Does the Icelandic one contain sugar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Zelda247 wrote: »
    Does the Icelandic one contain sugar?

The vanilla has sweetener and the fruit ones might have sugar (never checked) but the plain is literally just skimmed milk and cultures - 61 cals per 100g, 0g fat, 3.7g sugar (naturally occurring in the milk) and 11g of protein.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

The vanilla has sweetener and the fruit ones might have sugar (never checked) but the plain is literally just skimmed milk and cultures - 61 cals per 100g, 0g fat, 3.7g sugar (naturally occurring in the milk) and 11g of protein.

Thanks, I can't bear sweetner in anything, I will try the natural one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Psychologeeee

I thought the vanilla Skyr was lovely! A decent substitute for the Glenisk Vanilla flavour which is pricey!

Must try it , thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Has anybody bought the Lidl veggie things? Are they just a special or will they remain in stores? Really want to pick up a few to try but won't be near a lidl for a few days.

LIDL Baked in store Fruit Soda Quarter.

Oh jaysus it's gorgeous, much nicer than Supervalu, crispy flaky outside nice inside, could do with a bit more fruit but a slathering of Raspberry Jam. Lovely.

€1. 49 big sized quarter

Edit pic added: Send out a search party for the fruit

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Psychologeeee

Whispered wrote: »
    Has anybody bought the Lidl veggie things? Are they just a special or will they remain in stores? Really want to pick up a few to try but won't be near a lidl for a few days.

I picked up the vegetarian meatballs! They were...grand! Nothing to write home about! You would be just as well to buy some veggie sausages and cut them up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Chocolate Chip and Honeycomb sausages from the 11th?

They've lost the run of themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

:(:eek:
    gizmo81 wrote: »
    Chocolate Chip and Honeycomb sausages from the 11th?

They've lost the run of themselves.

Sounds like something that can only be enjoyed by those who are pregnant
    :eek:

• Advertisement

:(:eek:

Sounds like something that can only be enjoyed by those who are pregnant
    :eek:

Definitely niche.

Advertisement