Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl - recommendations

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Anyone else think the Paprika Crisps that are on a XXL deal arent as nice as they were?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

gizmo81 wrote: »
    Chocolate Chip and Honeycomb sausages from the 11th?

They've lost the run of themselves.

this butchers makes them
    https://twitter.com/barryjohns_15?lang=en

https://www.facebook.com/barryjohnsbutchers/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

rubadub wrote: »

Yeh the catalogue for next week is all about Craft Irish produce that Lidl are stocking with Bord Bia, called Best of Ireland Kickstart.

They'll have the butcher's daughter meats, Lisduff bacon, Kinsale Bay foods, and lot's I haven't heard from.

Can't find a link to the catalogue. Looks interesting and will be in to grab a few bits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Think there is Natasha's living foods, PowCow, Skelligs Chocolates and Goatsbridge trout pate too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭la ultima guagua

Anyone else think the Paprika Crisps that are on a XXL deal arent as nice as they were?

Ah Here! Dont get me started

Between them putting their prices up big time, cutting the pack sizes ( e.g. chicken leg), ceasing the orange coloured washing up liquid and contaminating their coffee bean packs with rubusta the place is more or less a no go area for me.

Q. How is it that their German on line shop does not offer coffee beans mixed with robusta ?

A. Hans & Helga wouldn't waste any time telling them where to put the suff. Its past time we did the same :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

the chewing gum at the checkouts , whatever its callled , gross horrible stuff , like chewing a condom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

The quality of the tin foil deteriorated too. And the quality of the luxury brand toilet roll too. Special flakes are now a dry version of bran flakes. That combined with no mi wadi has me going elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

The quality of the tin foil deteriorated too. And the quality of the luxury brand toilet roll too. Special flakes are now a dry version of bran flakes. That combined with no mi wadi has me going elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The Milbona Strawberry Skyr is lovely. I have got the raspberry one to try and saw there was a blueberry one too. I had been keeping an eye out for it as hadn't tried Skyr before, definitely not disappointed:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Oops69 wrote: »
    the chewing gum at the checkouts , whatever its callled , gross horrible stuff , like chewing a condom

Your username indicates that, that is the voice of experience talking :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

Think there is Natasha's living foods, PowCow, Skelligs Chocolates and Goatsbridge trout pate too.

Up on the website now,

The Best Of Ireland from the 11th

https://www.lidl.ie/en/special-offers.htm?id=115&week=2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Wow some great stuff there including products I have never heard of - hope they have some left as I only get in at weekends. Would be very interesting if they stock some of the bestsellers permanently as this would really be encroaching on SV's "food academy" offering which is one of the few areas where SV probably outdo LIDL/ALDI at present.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Up on the website now,

Definitely getting the Tipperary Ice cream Irish cream one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

I had the trout pate before and can only recommend it. It's yummy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Up on the website now,

€7 for a 400g bag of "Premium" Granola :eek::pac:
    5303367.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

€7 for a 400g bag of "Premium" Granola :eek::pac:
    5303367.png

Granola which sells for €8 /€8.50 in Brown Thomas..... link

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Granola which sells for €8 /€8.50 in Brown Thomas..... link

:eek:

the best bit is that it says
    YOU SEARCHED FOR
    "Granola"
    Are you looking for?: "gránola"

as if since it is missing the fada/accent that they are utterly clueless about what you are searching for, or correcting you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

More annoyed i cant find the ribbed paprika ones anymore.
    Was always a struggle to find a bag of those in a see of sour cream\onion but they were about the only proper crisps on the island.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

inforfun wrote: »
    More annoyed i cant find the ribbed paprika ones anymore.
    Was always a struggle to find a bag of those in a see of sour cream\onion but they were about the only proper crisps on the island.

They're always tucked away to the side in the box, usually on the left hand side. If there's none in the top box, I lift it and look in the one underneath and am usually rewarded for my efforts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Yep, 3 maybe 4 bags on the left, I know the deal on how to get them. Just a matter of being too late al of of the times.
    But recently i havent seen them at all, the ribbed ones, in either taste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,810 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Has anyone tried the beef sausages?
    I see LIDL are stocking 'steak and cracked black pepper' beef sausages at 6 for €1.99.

Does the beef flavour come through or are they very peppery \ can't taste difference between it and regular pork sausages?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I get them the odd time. They're pretty nice. Nabbed a couple of packs in the reduced section and now they're in the freezer in anticipation of cassoulets of the future :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Picked up some of the new curry options to try from their best of Ireland range.Also the Greek style frozen yogurt.

Must check out some more next time I'm shopping, although I thunk it's only a week or two promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Does anyone know if they have stopped doing the little snack boxes of raisins, blue packs with 8 in the packet?

I haven't seen them for weeks and they were so handy to pop in the kid's lunchboxes every now and then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,892 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Vel wrote: »
    Does anyone know if they have stopped doing the little snack boxes of raisins, blue packs with 8 in the packet?

I haven't seen them for weeks and they were so handy to pop in the kid's lunchboxes every now and then!

Pine nuts are gone again too :(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Pine nuts are gone again too :(:(:(

They were back??? I searched my local Lidl for months and months after they vanished the last time, but I eventually gave up and was resigned to either no pine nuts or every expensive ones.

For a recommend: the 1001 delights spicy and chili tomato sauce is really nice - it's slightly sweet, and pretty spicy. I've tried it as a dip for chicken goujons and as a sauce on top of a sweet chili chicken burger and it was really good.

IY8HwTN.jpg
    (the one in the middle)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The tubs of crispy fried onions are on the missing list in my Lidl. They used to only be there on American week but then they became permanent and were over near the tubs of gravy etc. Lovely on a hot dog or burger. Oh well :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,892 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

B0jangles wrote: »
    They were back??? I searched my local Lidl for months and months after they vanished the last time, but I

They were gone for years, then reappeared a few weeks back and I did a little dance of joy. Gone again, though. Price point and all, so I'm guessing it's not just that they were out of stock.
    73Cat wrote: »
    The tubs of crispy fried onions are on the missing list in my Lidl. They used to only be there on American week but then they became permanent and were over near the tubs of gravy etc. Lovely on a hot dog or burger. Oh well :(

You can get them in Ikea, if that's any use to you.

Advertisement