Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl - recommendations

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

On a non food related topic, I saw the Heidi Klum range during the week. To be honest I thought it looked really 'cheap'. You'd get nicer in Penneys for less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Corsendonk Angus in stock this week and the Oktoberfest range is back. Interestingly the clerk in Wilton gave me some sort of loyalty card today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Those clothes are hideous. And they don't look to be selling around here anyway. Did they think their customers were devoid of taste?

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Space Dog

I don't get the point of these cheapo celebrity ranges (other than the cash for Heidi obviously). Who are they trying to fool? She wouldn't be caught dead wearing any of that stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Absolutely agree on the clothes.

They have "Alpenfest" specials again, and this time they've got Manner Schnitten

mannerschnitten.jpg

Get some if you can, they're yum. The taste of childhood for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,751 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I got a hoody, jeans and a jacket on Monday and I'm very happy with them. Horses for courses.

Lamb leg steaks are on special this week, so I'll be filling the freezer.

Pomegranates are in the Super 6 too, which I believe is a first. Time to gorge myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

On clothes - I picked up a casual shirt for 10 euro .100% cotton with proper stitching, meaty double and tightly done. Good finish and warm.

Livergy is the brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭Hoboo

RasTa wrote: »
    Delighted and surprised to see the best black pudding in Ireland in the new Lidl Irish section. Kelly's.

100% agree with Kelly's, haven't tried the black yet. I get the white pudding in my local butcher, seriously if you haven't tried it do. Buttermilk in the recipe, like nothing else.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Lidl Ballyfermot (opposite Cherry Orchard hospital) has gone and gotten self service tills since I was last there, to say I'm thrilled is an understatement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Saw those self-service things in the UK already and was hoping really hard they would soon be here too.
    I have nothing against the cashiers in Lidl but i have nothing but pure uncensored hatred for some of the complete and utter idiots that have dared to be in front of me at the cash register.
    If you want or need 7 hours to pack and pay for your shopping, **** off to Dunnes or something.

Now, where did i leave that paper bag to breathe in.....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,039 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

inforfun wrote: »
    Saw those self-service things in the UK already and was hoping really hard they would soon be here too.
    I have nothing against the cashiers in Lidl but i have nothing but pure uncensored hatred for some of the complete and utter idiots that have dared to be in front of me at the cash register.
    If you want or need 7 hours to pack and pay for your shopping, **** off to Dunnes or something.

Now, where did i leave that paper bag to breathe in.....

But those idiots serving themselves can be worse! Way worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

God I hate self service checkouts! Always seem to be stuck behind people trying to get on the internet with them!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Got a notification on the lidl app there that the 50% off weekend super savers are back by popular demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

But those idiots serving themselves can be worse! Way worse.

I know that.
    But i do most of my shopping early saturday or sunday. And with early i mean that they might as well give me the key so i can open the shop.
    At that time having to wait on a self service to become available is rather unlikely while there is usually just 1 cashier available.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Alpen fest potato croquettes with soft cheese and herbs, very nice indeed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,039 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

For future reference as I've had them in the freezer for a while and I'm pretty sure they're not available right now :

The frozen dim sum selection is absolutely gorgeous!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

inforfun wrote: »
    I know that.
    But i do most of my shopping early saturday or sunday. And with early i mean that they might as well give me the key so i can open the shop.
    At that time having to wait on a self service to become available is rather unlikely while there is usually just 1 cashier available.

Was out there this morning and the self service wasn't even open! Which annoyed me since I was in no mood to talk to people.

Also, re the Heidi stuff, was loads of the stuff still there so its not moving very fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

My local got some new staff lately and their just plain bad mannered. Thankfully most of the original staff are still there so I will keep going to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭caviardreams

The dark chocolate with almonds as part of the alpenfest range is SO good. Like so much stuff, I wish it was a permanent product :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Norwegian smoked salmon is great, nice and tender and none of that awful brown/gray stuff you get in most other brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

sudzs wrote: »
    Norwegian smoked salmon is great, nice and tender and none of that awful brown/gray stuff you get in most other brands.

One of the best types out there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

That American brownie style ice cream in a tub... I'm crazy about it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭caviardreams

sudzs wrote: »

I actually find it a bit greasy/slimy and bland, but I probably just have no taste :o Tesco do a price match on their 200g smoked salmon pack at 3.45 which I much prefer (no brown bits either!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Lidl are now selling Monterey Jack cheese!
    Saw a 10-slice pack for €1.99 and an 8-slice pack of PepperJack cheese (Monterey Jack studded with black pepper) also €1.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

The Lidl Halloween sour creme and onion crisps are lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

fussyonion wrote: »
    Lidl are now selling Monterey Jack cheese!
    Saw a 10-slice pack for €1.99 and an 8-slice pack of PepperJack cheese (Monterey Jack studded with black pepper) also €1.99.

And about time, they used only have it as part of the McKennedy American range every now and then, great on a burger, its valley spire brand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Melendez wrote: »

How big? Ikea have 5L ones

Advertisement