Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl - recommendations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

When I was there earlier I grabbed one of the frozen Gyozas. Has anyone tried them?

Also our Lidl has now replaced the meat storage that are like these storage freezers with proper shelved fridges, looks pretty fancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

LirW wrote: »
    When I was there earlier I grabbed one of the frozen Gyozas. Has anyone tried them?

They're grand. They come out of the oven crispier than you might expect from authentic gyozas, but they do the trick. Plum dip in the veggie ones is a bit bizarre tasting, mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

2B7AAFAD00000578-0-image-a-87_1439949272277.jpg

plus

8977609229_401016cf12_b.jpg

Tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Anyone try the leg of Serrano ham?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Does anyone know if the organic porridge has been discontinued? I asked in store but the girl I spoke to didn't have a clue.
    It's the one in the white bag with a little bit of black around the top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Soulsun

squadro wrote: »

Did you try it ?

Was gonna buy a leg tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Does anyone know if the organic porridge has been discontinued? I asked in store but the girl I spoke to didn't have a clue.

The deluxe organic wafer oats? I saw them a week or so ago, but it may have been old stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Makes beautiful porridge imo. I find it is frequently sold out at this time of year. Though I bought 2 packets not that long ago. Check back for new stock perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Soulsun wrote: »
    Did you try it ?

Was gonna buy a leg tomorrow

No, haven't tried it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

squadro wrote: »
    Yes. Not the most recent batch (not that I think it would be much different).

It goes down very well in this house. Slice very thinly, and we think Manchego cheese goes well with it. You get a lot of servings from one leg.

The first one we got (not from Lidl, but we have bought from Lidl since) came complete with a stand and knives which we found invaluable. Without them, carving - more like shaving, really - would be a PITA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Hi, has anyone tried the white choclate and Berry cheesecake? It’s €5.

I love their Irish liquer cheesecake.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Red Rua

Has anyone tried their Pigs in Blankets (in fridge, not frozen)
    https://www.lidl.ie/en/special-offers.htm?articleId=5409

• Registered Users Posts: 30,595 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Red Rua wrote: »

Only okay. I would much prefer to make my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Red Rua wrote: »

Haven't tried them. I'll be using Superquinn cocktail sausages and half a Crowe streaky rasher for each one. So easy, so tasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

gozunda wrote: »
    Makes beautiful porridge imo. I find it is frequently sold out at this time of year. Though I bought 2 packets not that long ago. Check back for new stock perhaps?

I emailed them and they told me it's been discontinued :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

The mine pies that u buy individually in the bakery section are lovely. They are 39c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

For anyone who has been trying (like me!) to find the Lidl Deluxe Ice Cream Mini Fancies, I saw Aldi is now stocking their version for the same price (€1.49 for 10) and in similar flavours too.
    Haven't tried them yet but they do look the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Got my hands on the last few bottles of presse in Lidl, had some last year and it's deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    I noticed my local LIDL has wedges of Stilton cheese for 4.99, also in jars for 4.49 but half the amount. I used to regularly buy it before in wedges half the size, but I hadn't seen it in a couple of years. I hope it stays around!

I just bought a couple of wedges and froze parts, in case its just a seasonal reeapparaisance. If you choose carefully, you'll find one with just the rind on the curved edge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,946 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

You can freeze cheese?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭ellejay

Thargor wrote: »
    You can freeze cheese?

I've frozen cheddar cheese fine by wrapping in clingfilm and then in a zip lock bag.
    don't know if the softer cheeses would freeze well

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I have picked up cheese selections in tesco on christmas eve for next to nothing. Sometimes if they are in a fancy basket and it is damaged or someone has poked a finger through the clingfilm they will sell them off for a hugely reduced price too.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

rubadub wrote: »
    I have picked up cheese selections in tesco on christmas eve for next to nothing. Sometimes if they are in a fancy basket and it is damaged or someone has poked a finger through the clingfilm they will sell them off for a hugely reduced price too.

I'd rather pay full price

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'd rather pay full price

Pretty sure they meant the plastic wrapping the hamper as a whole as opposed to the actual cheese wrapper!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Pretty sure they meant the plastic wrapping the hamper as a whole as opposed to the actual cheese wrapper!

yes, that is what I meant. They are all in a small wicker basket with straw individually wrapped, and then clingfilm over the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Poochie05

ellejay wrote: »
    I've frozen cheddar cheese fine by wrapping in clingfilm and then in a zip lock bag.
    don't know if the softer cheeses would freeze well
    I grate cheddar and freeze in portions in the Ikea freezer bags.
    I also freeze Camembert all the time. Just slice it into wedges like a cake and put it back in to the wrapper and box, and freeze, then I can grab a wedge at a time. :D
    I also freeze blue cheese like Roquefort or St Agur all the time. Buy the 3 for a tenner in Tesco and pop 2 in the freezer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭anewme

2z4wbir.jpg
    3ia49bsx

Yum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Are you currently eating the above cheese?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Trying to post picture, but not working

Currently having a lidl de luxe baked Camembert with onion relish. This is so good,

Now it’s uploaded like a monster photo!

This is delicious, have another one with cranberry in the fridge 3.99 would do two with wine or one greedy creature watching tv

Advertisement