Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl - recommendations

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

See it now. Nom nom. I want some. Love cheese :)

Gone again:)

Back again. So odd! Enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

LirW wrote: »
    Got my hands on the last few bottles of presse in Lidl, had some last year and it's deadly.

You should be emailing the FSAI and not posting here...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Does anyone know if they are getting more sherry trifles in? I asked the girl at the checkout and she said it might only be around for Christmas. I'm wondering also did they change it as it's not the spiced one, it's in a similar package but a different flavour. I was hoping someone might have seen it around. I'm in Cork City.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

The high protein rye bread is awful stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

They are clearancing christmas chocolates at 50% off at the moment - one of the varieties is a 175g assortment in a little clear plastic bag with a bow at the neck (costs 1.24) - grab them if you see them, they are gorgeous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,892 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Was being very lazy on Friday and just grabbed a frozen pizza. Got the Contadina from the Deluxe range and it was by far the nicest frozen pizza I've ever had. Highly recommend it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Was being very lazy on Friday and just grabbed a frozen pizza. Got the Contadina from the Deluxe range and it was by far the nicest frozen pizza I've ever had. Highly recommend it.
    What sort of topping is on that? Never heard of it!

Why the nicest - the base or the toppings or both?

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    What sort of topping is on that? Never heard of it!

Garlicky tomato sauce, goats cheese, spinach, red onions and fried onions. I'd gone right off goats cheese the last while but this was lovely and mild and creamy.

Why the nicest - the base or the toppings or both?

Both! It's really generously topped and the base is just the right thickness to deal with that.

I suspect these might be a limited item as they're part of the Deluxe range so I may have to go back and stock up.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭loup

I emailed them and they told me it's been discontinued :mad:

Ah no I loved that porridge! Wonder if we all emailed in would they restock it?

It's worth a try. My friends and I tried emailing them to bring back mi wadi, to bring back the better tin foil, and the luxury quilted toilet roll but nothing was ever brought back. More interested in lining their pockets with providing rubbish these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

loup wrote: »

facebook might be better as you get other people commenting & "liking" so they can see how big demand is easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭ellejay

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    It's worth a try. My friends and I tried emailing them to bring back mi wadi, to bring back the better tin foil, and the luxury quilted toilet roll but nothing was ever brought back. More interested in lining their pockets with providing rubbish these days.

I thought I was imagining that Lidl had good tinfoil!!!
    So glad you posted that.

I gave lidl a miss for a while during the summer and when I went back I thought a lot of their products had changed and weren't available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

....... wrote: »

...This one drives me nuts - you take a chance on something new, it's amazing, wonderful, the best thing of its type you've ever tried.

Bam, it's gone - maybe forever, maybe til next year - who knows?!

On that particular topic, keep an eye out for the 1001 delights range, the middle-eastern stuff with the blue logo:

EICxFHM.jpg

There is a range of sauces in squeezy bottles, of which I tried a spicy tomato chilli one and a cucumber and yoghurt one. Both are delicious - I'm still hoarding the last unopened pack of each that I have :)

Got one of these for me tea this evening.

It better be nice!!! ;)

If anyone spots one of these https://www.lidl.ie/en/special-offers.htm?articleId=6160 in any Lidl's around Dublin could they give me a shout? It's a standing lamp in the clearance sale - and it's that particular one I'm after. There are other ones with round shades, but it's the neat stainless steel one I want.

Forgot all about it yesterday, only remembered this evening, and there are only the ones with big shades left in my local shop.

I think there are similar ones full price on Thursday, but everyone loves to bag a bargain!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

My 2 local Lidl's have been without Coconut Milk the past few weeks - hoping this hasn't been discontinued. Anybody notice similar?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Amirani wrote: »
    My 2 local Lidl's have been without Coconut Milk the past few weeks - hoping this hasn't been discontinued. Anybody notice similar?

That came up in my office this morning actually. None in the Walkinstown branch in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

loup wrote: »

They appeared to have replaced it with a generic porridge in an orange coloured wrapper- the bar code of this indicates it is being brought in from Germany but the package details that the porridge is Irish? Havnt tried it - but looking at the blurb on the package there's nothing particularly special about

277405.png

Currently using the last packet of the organic one I bought before Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I couldn't get it yesterday in my Lidl either :(

HeidiHeidi wrote:
    Got one of these for me tea this evening.

It better be nice!!!

The pressure!

God I hope this isn't like when everyone raved about the chicken karahi pizza from Aldi and I was all excited to try it and then I thought it was shite.

The pressure!

God I hope this isn't like when everyone raved about the chicken karahi pizza from Aldi and I was all excited to try it and then I thought it was shite.
    :D

You can relax! It was alright. The base was lovely, but the whole thing was just a bit dry for my liking. And not nearly as flavoursome as "goats cheese and red onion" would suggest.

But I've had a lot worse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I recently bought it in my Lidl in Gorey. In general a lot of them are poorly stocked after the Christmas holidays I find.
    They better didn't discontinue it :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I tried one of the Deluxe pizzas last week, I had the chicken, ham and pepper one. It wasn't bad at all but I prefer the Inferno one yet haven't seen it in a while.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Our local one hasn't had coconut milk for about 4 weeks now. Very frustrating as it's one of those staple things I always have in the cupboard but now I have to remember to specially go elsewhere to buy it.

On the pizza front, we tried a Deluxe buffalo mozzarella and sundried tomato one the other night, it was quite nice. I wouldn't buy pizza too often but we were looking for something quick and easy and I had just read your rave review of the Deluxe range Dial Hard :D

:D

You can relax! It was alright. The base was lovely, but the whole thing was just a bit dry for my liking. And not nearly as flavoursome as "goats cheese and red onion" would suggest.

But I've had a lot worse!

Ah that's disappointing! Mine wasn't dry at all, there was loads of sauce on it and the goats cheese went nice and creamy. I'll be raging now if I get another one and it's not as nice!

So I had another Contadina pizza last night (for science, of course) and it was just as nice as the first. Maybe you got a dud, HH?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Bought a 5.5l slow cooker in Lidl yesterday for €19.99

Advertisement