Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl - recommendations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Space Dog

The Deluxe Pecan and Sea Salt Caramel ice cream is really good for 2.99, I thought it was much nicer than Haagen Dasz's Pralines & Cream or Ben and Jerry's Wholly Couch, which have pretty much the same ingredients (I had both before :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Space Dog

The organic wafer oats are back in LIDL - new packaging so not sure if the product has also been changed. Seem to be made in northern Ireland - not sure if this was always the case

I still can't get these in my local Lidl :mad: But then again we got two packets of free oats in SuperValu last weekend, so I'm good for a while anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Space Dog wrote: »
    I still can't get these in my local Lidl :mad: But then again we got two packets of free oats in SuperValu last weekend, so I'm good for a while anyway...

Can't get them in my local store either. Now personally I hate porridge, but Mr Crumble was a big fan of these and is bereft!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 103 ✭✭JoshRosen

There’s a new Coffee machine in the front of the new store in Tralee, got to say it was lovely stuff for a euro, in comparison to €4.25 in Costa!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Can't get them in my local store either. Now personally I hate porridge, but Mr Crumble was a big fan of these and is bereft!

Sorry guys, they definitely have them in stillorgan and I even saw them last week again. New packaging - all black iirc (I don't buy them myself so not sure!) - but definitely the deluxe wafer oats. Hang in there, they might be on the way :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭kfrp

....... wrote: »

Its expensive for what it is anyway.

20% Proof and is €15 for 500 ML, standard LIDL gin is around 38% proof and is 700ML for €15.

Get some standard gin, pepper corns, fresh strawberrys and tonic and make your own gin and tonic

Thread is for Lidl recommendations.

I made a recommendation.....

• Advertisement

No but based on other Lidl specials in the past that are likely to sell fast its always to get on early on the day is you really wanted them.

Maybe its a loss leader for them so they don't actually want to sell 1000's in each branch, just want to get you in so you might buy other items.

I've had the same problems with other items, find something you really like and then you can't get it.

The gin liquor could well be a loss leader, launched right at Valentines day. Like their weekly specials, fruit, veg, meat. Get you in to do you weekly shop or buy a few more things too.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,598 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I sometimes find Lidl can just get the same pallet/batch of stuff in no matter what size the area is.
    I've seen people give out that xxxx was out of stock by 08:40 and I can waddle into my Lidl in the afternoon and it will still be there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Kat1170

kfrp wrote: »
    Thread is for Lidl recommendations.

I made a recommendation.....

Facebook.

Twitter.

Tinder if you know the manager of the local shop ;)

Picture of the new wafer oats packaging for the aficionados :)

Deuxe Wafer Oats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Thanks caviardreams :) Have you tried it? Mr Crumble is wondering if it tastes the same as it used to?

Thanks caviardreams :) Have you tried it? Mr Crumble is wondering if it tastes the same as it used to?

No sorry, I am a jumbo oats kinda girl :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭flipsat

The Chocolate Cream Liqueur often catches my eye too but so far I have resisted - I just have visions of myself enormously fat lying on the couch surrounded by empty bottles of chocolate booze if it was nice. Anyone tried it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭flipsat

Yep I became addicted to it in the 2016/17 winter... It is really nice. However have not bought any this winter for the same reasons Caviar dreams has resisted!! 😁

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

They have those lovely Italian crunchy biscuits back - boxes of them at the check-outs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Amereti ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I see those addictive crisps are back too. Will have to avoid Lidl for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

fussyonion wrote: »
    My local Lidl is now stocking their version of KP Mini Chips.
    125g size bag- 79cent and available in three flavours; Salt and Vinegar, Sour Cream and Onion and Ready Salted.
    I bought the Salt and Vinegar and they're really nice.
    Very like Mini Chips but not as sharp.

I think I have developed an addiction to the salt and vinegar flavour ones.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Does anyone know if Lidl sells frozen broad beans?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,598 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

LirW wrote: »

My local one used have a packet similar to this.
    IMG_0892.JPG

andrew1977 wrote: »
    I think I have developed an addiction to the salt and vinegar flavour ones.:D

I haven't seen these anywhere :( Hoping they get them in my local soon.

On the plus side they now do the skyr pots in natural!! Finally!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

LirW wrote: »

I haven't seen them in Lidl, but Tesco do sell them. And they are baby ones, quite nice.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Some nice looking Italian cheeses in this week. Anybody try them?

Advertisement