Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl - recommendations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,759 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

igCorcaigh wrote:
    Some nice looking Italian cheeses in this week. Anybody try them?

The asiago is gorgeous. I'll be stocking up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

andrew1977 wrote: »
    I think I have developed an addiction to the salt and vinegar flavour ones.:D

Are they called Potato Sticks or something like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Maldesu wrote: »

Yes. My father has been on the look out for them based on my recommendation from here, but none of the staff knew what he was talking about. He eventually found them in Bray.

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Yes. My father has been on the look out for them based on my recommendation from here, but none of the staff knew what he was talking about. He eventually found them in Bray.

Saw them tonight in Ballyfermot but the Salt and Vinegar was well raided. Almost bought them, but I've a big cake of banana bread to eat first :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Maldesu wrote: »

they would be easy to miss. All the packs are in the same cardboard box, and it is quite small and easy to miss. In my lidl they were near the nuts, rather than the crisps/snacks. I hope they come out in smaller multipacks. If I open a bag like that they are a gonner.

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »
    . If I open a bag like that they are a gonner.

That was one of the reasons I left them behind. I'd have to open them to try them out, then I'd be comatose on the couch with an empty packet.
    They were at the end of the crisps aisle in Ballyfermot in case people are looking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

andrew1977 wrote: »
    I think I have developed an addiction to the salt and vinegar flavour ones.:D
    Oh I have to go hunting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭ellejay

I got two fabulous Fillet steaks on Saturday 10.99
    I put back about four times but got them in the end, very happy I did!!
    I'd highly recommend them and will get them again myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Picture of the new wafer oats packaging for the aficionados :)

Deuxe Wafer Oats

Finally saw them in the local store today! Didn't get them though as I have a few kilos of porridge and muesli to use up!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭caviardreams

ellejay wrote: »
    I got two fabulous Fillet steaks on Saturday 10.99
    I put back about four times but got them in the end, very happy I did!!
    I'd highly recommend them and will get them again myself.

I actually slightly prefer the single 200g ones in the pack for €4.79 each - great value

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,759 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I actually slightly prefer the single 200g ones in the pack for €4.79 each - great value

Same, you can be as picky as you like about thickness, marbling etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Oaklands Salad Trio, salad leaves sold in the composted rootball. Deffo the best lasting and tastiest such package I've tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Do Lidl do pepper sauce anymore? I remember they used to do tubs of them but I can never find them anymore in my local.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭flossy1

I see they have a petrol power washer, has anyone got it and how good is it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

flossy1 wrote: »
    I see they have a petrol power washer, has anyone got it and how good is it

I got one and brought it back, mpg was poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

The chocolate toffee sweets taste exactly like Riesen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Space Dog wrote: »
    Finally saw them in the local store today! Didn't get them though as I have a few kilos of porridge and muesli to use up!

Got the second last bag in Limerick tonight. Mr Crumble better like it after all that!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,948 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Do Lidl do pepper sauce anymore? I remember they used to do tubs of them but I can never find them anymore in my local.
    Still there in the box beside the steaks in Bray anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

To whoever suggested those Lidl mini chips damn you !!!!!!!!!!!😀

They finally had them in stock in Kilkenny when I popped in today. Have to say they are just like kp's version, but not as salty sadly. The bag didn't last long. Great price too.

I have a bag of the sour cream ones to try with the kids after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I am just tucking in to some of the ready salted with a G&T!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Owryan wrote: »
    To whoever suggested those Lidl mini chips damn you !!!!!!!!!!!😀

They finally had them in stock in Kilkenny when I popped in today. Have to say they are just like kp's version, but not as salty sadly. The bag didn't last long. Great price too.

I have a bag of the sour cream ones to try with the kids after.

You're welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Owryan wrote: »
    Have to say they are just like kp's version, but not as salty sadly. The bag didn't last long. Great price too.
    You could always add your own salt. Trick is to use a really fine salt. I put salt in my ninja blender to powder it. In mcdonalds you see them putting salt on chips and it is really fine and covers more evenly and does not just roll off them.

Tesco do a 150g bag for 69c and they are very good too, only in ready salted.
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=254973150

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

fussyonion wrote: »
    You're welcome!

Need to find an excuse to be back in Kilkenny tomorrow. The "kids" demolished the 2 bags

• Registered Users Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭caviardreams

The new LIDL natural/plain skyr is decent - €1.39 for 350g. Not as nice as the icelandic brand one or the Glenisk 0% fat greek but cheaper and very consumable :)

I see they also have valley spire british quark marked as new - picked one up and will report back!

Has anyone tried the new spinach and cheese veggie burgers located in the fridge section? :) Was tempted to buy them today but put them back; they aren't very burger bun friendly though for some reason :P they are battered cod kinda shape versus traditional round burger shape

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Nothing to do with food, but you can help :) Have Lidl stopped stocking the triple blade Cien razors (orange and black) all I can see are blue/black double blades. last weekend did wonder if was a weather related issue maybe some pallet not getting through but still nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,948 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Nothing to do with food, but you can help :) Have Lidl stopped stocking the triple blade Cien razors (orange and black) all I can see are blue/black double blades. last weekend did wonder if was a weather related issue maybe some pallet not getting through but still nothing.
    I dont think they're coming back, which is a pity because they were basically identical to Mach 3 or Quattro for a fraction of the price. Ive seen people complaining about Aldi changing their razors around aswell and making the old stuff obsolete, very annoying.

Im giving the old Gilette Safety Razors a go, bought a Gillette Fatboy on Ebay, the pack of blades worked out at about 10 cents each.

s-l225.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

So annoying, I used them too as a lady and I find them brilliant! It really annoys me changing around all the time, because I really don't wanna use Venus or some other overpriced ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,376 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Cheddar and black pepper flatbread thins.

Cannot stop eating the bloody things.

Utterly addictive :o

Advertisement