Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl - recommendations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Patronus wheat beer.

5.5% and 1.49 a 500ml bottle. Gorgeous stuff

Looked it up, says it’s brewed by LIDL :D

Must check it out

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Thanks for the recommendation, wondered about it, I'll get a few for the game tonight so!
    vicwatson wrote: »
    Looked it up, says it’s brewed by LIDL :D

Must check it out

It's a nicer beer than Franzikaner in my eyes, now granted I only drank the one bottle last night, I've some chilling for later though.

Seriously decent beer.

Hickory sausages are very tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I got one of these Foil-wrapped cakes the other day for nostalgic reasons, I wanted to know if they still taste like they did when I was a kid. Wasn't disappointed, now they're not fine-dining cakes but I was taken back to this rare treat and I enjoyed every bite! (guilty pleasure, sorry not sorry)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,663 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Pity the Argentine red prawns are only a limited special... Best frozen prawns I've gotten from supermarket in a long while.
    They're raw, head removed and deveined but tail and shell still on.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

LirW wrote: »
    I got one of these Foil-wrapped cakes the other day for nostalgic reasons, I wanted to know if they still taste like they did when I was a kid. Wasn't disappointed, now they're not fine-dining cakes but I was taken back to this rare treat and I enjoyed every bite! (guilty pleasure, sorry not sorry)

Looked for these but they seem to be gone or I was looking in the wrong place.

Where did you find them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Looked for these but they seem to be gone or I was looking in the wrong place.

Where did you find them?

They are in the section where all the processed baked good are like the Muffins in Plastic boxes and all the cakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

I tried one of the roast in the bag chickens, as part of the meal deal.
    The meal deal itself wasn't great - not a lot of options.
    But the rotisserie style chicken was incredible. Very juicy and fantastic flavor throughout.
    The dog approved too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    An unrecommendation... Trattoria Alfredo The Deep Dish 2x mini 4 cheese feast pizza. Not impressed. LIDL used to do a lovely deep pan full size pizza for 1.49, but no more. Tesco still do tho.

Just tried the second of the pack in the microwave mode. Awful. Avoid!

• Advertisement

Fish bites in fish section - pollock, they are a load of pollocks, 80% breadcrumb and the rest fish

Bought a pack of their 'Korean style chicken wings' on passing yesterday, they were actually dam tasty.

Served them to me an the kids with some homemade egg fried rice.

They went down a treat with everyone.

6 BBQ flavoured sausages (I think deluxe range) were scoffed in our house ! very tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

vicwatson wrote: »
    6 BBQ flavoured sausages (I think deluxe range) were scoffed in our house ! very tasty

Had those yesterday too. They actually seemed to expand once cooked! Really tasty though and only €1.99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Lidl in Ballyfermot are giving €10 off €50 vouchers which are valid until Sunday (probably because of the new Tesco in Liffey Valley). They are valid in Tesco and I used one there last week. Might be useful for the weekend specials. They have a very nice New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc for €6.36 coming up! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,376 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Just had the second helping of the Chef Select chicken and broccoli bake, and I have to say it was very tasty.

Loads of chicken in it, which actually tasted and looked like it might be real chicken.

I'd say it's not the healthiest thing you could ever eat juding by the sheer weight of the pack, but it makes for mighty fine easy comfort food!

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭QueenRizla

They have a very nice New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc for €6.36 coming up! :)

What’s the wine called?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

QueenRizla wrote: »
    What’s the wine called?
    No name, has a logo of wings. Its on the website under weekend specials.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,324 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Lidl have a new food blog in association with TheJournal.ie
    We’re building a panel of home cooks and foodies from our readers to answer our weekly question and share their kitchen hacks. If you’re interested (and fancy the chance to win a few prizes from Lidl along the way), send us a mail on food@thejournal.ie with ‘Home Cooks Panel’ in the subject line. Be sure to include:
    Your name
    Your contact details
    What kind of foods you like cooking best

http://www.thejournal.ie/favourite-burger-toppings-kitchen-secrets-4067357-Jun2018/
    Edit: Link included

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Anyone know what's happened to lidls range of nachos? They have disappeared from all stores in my locality, west Dublin. Gone nearly 2weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

judeboy101 wrote: »
    Anyone know what's happened to lidls range of nachos? They have disappeared from all stores in my locality, west Dublin. Gone nearly 2weeks.

Yeah, was also looking for them last week. They had bags Doritos on special so maybe they've got an exclusive deal at the moment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

judeboy101 wrote: »

Yeah, was also looking for them last week. They had bags Doritos on special so maybe they've got an exclusive deal at the moment.
    Tesco doing 3 for €5 so better valu but, their own brand were very tasty. Typical they stop when world cup starts

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

They are doing a great deal on swithicks blonde ale at the moment, 4 bottles for €8, which is way cheaper than anywhere else.

The deluxe coleslaw is lovely. And the Italian baguettes in the bakery are the nicest you can get.

For the women, they discontinued the simpre tampons, haven’t seen them now in three stores, only have the compact ones now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭ellejay

fin12 wrote: »
    For the women, they discontinued the simpre tampons, haven’t seen them now in three stores, only have the compact ones now.

actually very annoying!!
    it's quite hard now to source even the branded "non" compact in supermarkets.
    must have stopped making them

I've to stop myself from ranting but I bet it's some male genius only interesting in cost cutting.

ellejay wrote: »
    actually very annoying!!
    it's quite hard now to source even the branded "non" compact in supermarkets.
    must have stopped making them

I've to stop myself from ranting but I bet it's some male genius only interesting in cost cutting.

I’m pretty annoyed too cause they were by far the cheapest at 99c. Lilets are the only other ones I know but they are pretty expensive compared to lids ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

SuperValu have a brand called Ultrex of non-applicator for 99c a box and tesco branded non-applicator one's are cheap enough too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Apologies for digging up of old thread but I am in a bit of paninic after I spent week trying to get my hands on Lidl's famous Kanpur Garden Tikka Massala cooing sauce, but I couldn' find it anymore. They have a nerve to mess like that with one of my favourite food - they have changed its package some time ago and now they took it off shelves. I hope temporrary but appreciate if anyone share info if spoted (old jar - now is simple streight):

441081.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

They don't have that type jar in stock at the moment. Instead they have jars of Kanpur Garden with a compartment of powder in the lid. Tikka, Korma and Dopzia.
    In Cavan this morning, anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    They don't have that type jar in stock at the moment. Instead they have jars of Kanpur Garden with a compartment of powder in the lid. Tikka, Korma and Dopzia.
    In Cavan this morning, anyway.

Saw them in Ballyfermot today, so maybe its just a redesign or such

Advertisement