Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl - recommendations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Rechuchote

Have Lidl got rid of their delicious stuffed vine leaves? These were sold among other stuff that I didn't like, such as mini peppers stuffed with feta - you always had to fooster around among these to find the yummy vine leaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Cinnamon rolls were in stillorgan this evening - 79 cent - look massive!

in the fresh bakery?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

fin12 wrote: »
    22 pack of Golden wonder crisps for €3.

Good stuff for pets and cars in at the moment.

They have 6 pack of own brand crisps for their weekend saver deal this weekend. Was 99c now 49c. Works out at 24 packs for €2! Great for Halloween bags ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭caviardreams

whiskeyman wrote: »
    in the fresh bakery?

Yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Bought the Deluxe Berry Granola and tried it this morning. Very disappointed.
    The granola as such is pretty stale, although the BB is almost a year away and the freeze dried berries aren't nice.
    Love the Aldi version and will stick to that in future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

The red oranges are delicious.
    Not sure why they stopped calling them blood oranges, a red orange is just plain stupid.
    They really are nice tho

Ooh, the blood oranges are in? Yum! (I had friends who used to make a lovely marmalade adding them - very dramatic.)

Still tasting the vongole (clams) they had on special a few weeks ago. Clams in tomato sauce, deliciously fresh, absolutely superb. They didn't look that appetising, but I mentioned to a friend who'd lived years in Italy that I'd got some to try and he practically climbed down the phone to get at them! Cooked them after that, and wow wow wow wow wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Picked up the Potato Gratin with Cheese. Were very tasty. I'm regretting not putting on another but that's the greed talking.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Lidl%2BHalloween%2BSnacks.jpg

In store on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,597 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I tried the new cinnamon swirls and I was disappointed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Ludikrus

So was I. Similar or better available in garages and convenience stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Space Dog

I saw those earlier, they look dreadful. So dry.

Are the protein rolls new? I had one and liked it overall, lots if linseed in it. Nice alternative to the Low GI rolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,597 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Space Dog wrote: »
    I saw those earlier, they look dreadful. So dry.

Are the protein rolls new? I had one and liked it overall, lots if linseed in it. Nice alternative to the Low GI rolls.
    Ludikrus wrote: »
    So was I. Similar or better available in garages and convenience stores.

I love anything with cinnamon so I just gave them a try.
    I couldn't really taste the cinnamon and they were kind of fatty.
    I really like the just roll ones you cook yourself.
    Yes, I think those protein rolls are new.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Good for my waistline! I love anything cinnamon, so it works in my favour if they are not nice ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Good for my waistline! I love anything cinnamon, so it works in my favour if they are not nice ;)

I thought the flavour was lovely, the texture wasnt great tho.

Maybe it's my imagination, but I feel that Lidl's sweets have become sickly sweet lately. Used to love their almond choc-ices and can't eat them at all now. Tried their hazelnut roulade, and it's nice in small quantities if you add some fresh raspberries, otherwise tongue-shrinkingly sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

gingerbreadh.png

Guys look how cute this is.

In store Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

They have instore as part of their christmas range at the moment (*eh yes i know its only October) a really cute jar of brownie mix (theres also a cookie mix).

Its dear enough, 4.49, makes 10 brownies (dont know how many cookies) but you are getting a good quality glass mason type jar into the bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,759 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

....... wrote: »
    They have instore as part of their christmas range at the moment (*eh yes i know its only October) a really cute jar of brownie mix (theres also a cookie mix).

Its dear enough, 4.49, makes 10 brownies (dont know how many cookies) but you are getting a good quality glass mason type jar into the bargain.

I was looking at them the other day, it's the kind of thing my niece would love as a stocking-filler but I'm such an oul one I just couldn't countenance spending a fiver on the making of 10 brownies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I was looking at them the other day, it's the kind of thing my niece would love as a stocking-filler but I'm such an oul one I just couldn't countenance spending a fiver on the making of 10 brownies!

Same as me today.

I actually starting having Christmas fantasies of "Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire" playing, me in a lovely festive kitchen with the gentle clinking of glasses in the sitting room and my brownie and cookie jars on the counter, waiting for me to mix and pop in the oven. The whole daydream was tinged sort of snowglobe-like.

Then I remembered that I dont have a lovely big festive family to feed on Xmas day and its more likely the smashing of glass as the mother in law gets aggressive on the Prosecco with Billy Idol playing in the background.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

....... wrote: »
    Then I remembered that I dont have a lovely big festive family to feed on Xmas day and its more likely the smashing of glass as the mother in law gets aggressive on the Prosecco with Billy Idol playing in the background.

I'd love if I could actually get my mother in law on the prosecco. Might calm her down a bit and stop her being such a drama queen for a change.

Dial Hard wrote: »

That's not a fiver spent on the making of 10 brownies, that's a fiver spent on education!

And if mothers-in-law go blooey on the prosecco, or without it, how's about enriching those brownies, eh, eh? ;) *

* nb: This is a joke. Not advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,648 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

The cooked and peeled crayfish, on garlic bread, makes a great lunch - starter.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Toffee Yum Yum are, well yum, be warned though you’ll want the two for a euro and you’ll be hopping off the walls after it with the amount of sugar in it !

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

The fresh wild Atlantic prawns in garlic and herb butter are great. €5 until Wednesday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Liqueur truffles in the square blue box. Oh Mommy! :D
    They come in a non alcoholic version too (cream box I think), but haven't tried those yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Liqueur truffles in the square blue box. Oh Mommy! :D
    They come in a non alcoholic version too (cream box I think), but haven't tried those yet

They are SO NICE.

I don't normally like liqueur chocolates but those are definitely an exception. I found the other ones comparatively dull, which I was not expecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

vicwatson wrote: »
    Toffee Yum Yum are, well yum, be warned though you’ll want the two for a euro and you’ll be hopping off the walls after it with the amount of sugar in it !

They are nice indeed but a totall rip off compared to the UK where you get them for 49p compared to the 79c here

Dont want to buy 2 to get close to that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Christmas range has the candied or chocolate covered almonds back. I love them, so yummy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Weird seeing the local Lidl over hear with flyers for fireworks

Advertisement