Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl - recommendations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,647 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Got one of the €8 cooked lobsters but haven’t had it yet as don’t have a pot big enough to fit it in!!
    Has anyone had this and was it nice?? It certainly doesn’t look like a lobster from the package.

Some tips here from an official(!) LIDL video... you have to be careful with the pre-cooked lobster - Steaming, microwaving or baking the frozen lobsters isn't recommended, because it's very difficult to reheat them without overcooking. The flesh will come out tough and rubbery.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭Worztron

Fin Carre Dark Chocolate (it's also vegan)

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

fritzelly wrote: »
    Whats the story with this
    https://www.lidl.ie/en/super-savers.htm?articleId=18192

Friend went up and they said the price is 14 euro or something
    was the pack price not on it? e.g. in the photo you can see a pack price of 12.66, it also has the price per kilo.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,533 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

rubadub wrote: »
    was the pack price not on it? e.g. in the photo you can see a pack price of 12.66, it also has the price per kilo.

Dunno, was a friend

Page 39 of the brochure
    https://www.lidl-flyer.com/apr-2019-mon-8th-sun-14th/view/flyer/page/39?_ga=2.67134807.714805650.1555170982-652172922.1554307157

Seems very clear there that it's a pack price - price up to 5.99 per kg
    Cork St staff have always been a bit narky - manager having none of it about the price being wrong
    Will pop up to Thomas St myself tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

fritzelly wrote: »
    In the brochure it says upto 5.99 per kilo so....since been told several people had the same experience

They have made a right mess of it. The 7.19 figure come about since 1.2kg @ 5.99 per kilo is 7.19.

So it is not clear it there will be a different "pack price" on all of them based on the per kilo. Or if it is 7.19 across the board and if you get there early you can pick the heavier ones.

Either way as the limit is 1.5kg the price your friend got was certainly way too much. A 1.5kg would be 9euro if it was per kilo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

It appears that this should be fixed price, varied weight product yet they have different one on sale. Either they messed up completely or there are two variants of this product (which happens a lot in Aldi and Lidl).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,533 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Out with friend and he's saying it was advertised on the radio. I see they have the whole leg at 7.19 per kg so I'll be buying that anyway myself

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Space Dog wrote: »
    Didnt't like this at all myself.

What I would recommend:
    The salted rice crackers that they have near their other crackers. Small, round and flat, so not like the normal rice cakes, not sure what brand. They are addictive.
    The sweet potato fries are delicious and nicer than the Aldi ones.
    HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Those rice crackers were around years ago, I think they were Boland's brand - haven't seen them in ages and was delighted to see them again, they're completely addictive though! The sweet chilli ones are nice as well, but not as nice as the salted ones dipped in sweet chilli sauce!

Reading these posts reminded me that I used to buy these before. I bought the lightly salted ones and opened them on Saturday. Myself and OH had the whole pack gone in no time :eek: Then on Sunday I bought the sweet chilli ones to try out...same story. A blessing and a curse to have rediscovered these :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Has anyone seen the bellarom LIGHT hot chocolate lately? Ever since they had it on the weekend super savers 6 weeks or so ago it has been out of stock! :-(
    Talk about giving with one hand and taking away with the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Coconut Greek yogurt..heavan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

There’s a silver crest Bluetooth outdoor speaker coming in to Lidl next Thursday. Says bluetooth range up to 10m. Wireless stereo function. Rechargeable battery up to 9 hours of music. It’s €29.99

Can someone explain to me please how Bluetooth works? Do u need internet and WiFi to be connected between your devise and the speaker the whole time to work.

I have an iPod touch that I have all my songs on so want to play through the speaker without internet, can this work? If I connect the speaker to my iPod touch once can I then play music then wherever without internet. I would not be connected to the internet on the iPod touch outside so it’s really important this works without an internet connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

fin12 wrote: »
    There’s a silver crest Bluetooth outdoor speaker coming in to Lidl next Thursday. Says bluetooth range up to 10m. Wireless stereo function. Rechargeable battery up to 9 hours of music. It’s €29.99

Can someone explain to me please how Bluetooth works? Do u need internet and WiFi to be connected between your devise and the speaker the whole time to work.

I have an iPod touch that I have all my songs on so want to play through the speaker without internet, can this work? If I connect the speaker to my iPod touch once can I then play music then wherever without internet. I would not be connected to the internet on the iPod touch outside so it’s really important this works without an internet connection.

Bluetooth would be independent of whether you are connected to wifi

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Bluetooth would be independent of whether you are connected to wifi

Ok so do u think it will work so with an iPod touch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

fin12 wrote:

Is it a 2nd gen touch or above? 1st gen didn't have bluetooth

Is it a 2nd gen touch or above? 1st gen didn't have bluetooth
    I think it’s 2nd generation, I bought it in 2016.

I just went into settings there’s Bluetooth on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

fin12 wrote: »
    I think it’s 2nd generation, I bought it in 2016.

I just went into settings there’s Bluetooth on it.

Then you are ok

Bluetooth is device to device and no need for WIFI

Scampi was pretty nice the other day!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Dónal wrote: »
    Scampi was pretty nice the other day!

When did scampi reappear in Lidl? It was a regular purchase and a favourite of mine for a long time and then it just vanished. Week after week I used to have a forlorn look for it in the fish freezer but no joy, great to hear it is back

Muahahaha wrote: »
    When did scampi reappear in Lidl? It was a regular purchase and a favourite of mine for a long time and then it just vanished. Week after week I used to have a forlorn look for it in the fish freezer but no joy, great to hear it is back

Saw it on Thursday, and it said "new" in the store, so recently!

Nice one, will be helping myself to that on the next visit, I always like to have some scampi in the freezer but its a rip off in Dunnes/Tesco

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

My local Lidl has been out of the fresh pesto for a few weeks now, the label is still on the shelf in the fridge but hidden behind another label (yes, I'm sure I'm getting looks in Lidl) - anyone else seen it in theirs? I know Aldi have a similar one so that's my next port of call.

The fresh pesto is back!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

My local Lidl has been out of the fresh pesto for a few weeks now, the label is still on the shelf in the fridge but hidden behind another label (yes, I'm sure I'm getting looks in Lidl) - anyone else seen it in theirs? I know Aldi have a similar one so that's my next port of call.

The fresh pesto is back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

The fresh pesto is back!

Yep and they have loads of it.

There was a bit of a extensive shortage, I couldnt find fresh pesto from anywhere for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

The Lidl non alcoholic IPA is nice. You can't really compare it to a real IPA but it's a nice drink in it's own right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Can anyone tell me please if Lidl do Colour Catchers? Aldi seem to have discontinued theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Can anyone tell me please if Lidl do Colour Catchers? Aldi seem to have discontinued theirs.

They do indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Pter wrote: »
    They do indeed.

Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,647 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Seems to be 20% some Italian wines in LIDL at the moment, the 2014 Medici Chianti Classico red is down from €12 to €10.

Lovely wine, though recommend opening in when putting dinner in oven, as it needs time to breathe.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Anyone know are the Deluxe beer battered onion rings (black bag) still available in Lidl? Really good product so want to stock up before it vanishes again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭MB05

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Anyone know are the Deluxe beer battered onion rings (black bag) still available in Lidl? Really good product so want to stock up before it vanishes again.

There were a couple of bags left in the Coolock branch on Wednesday. I think it might just be what was left from Easter rather than just being low on stock.

Advertisement