Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pub Openings / Refurbs / Closing Thread - Mod Note Post #1

191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Where is this location exactly?

536-538 South Circular in Rialto. At least I'm assuming its that based on it being the only empty pub in that area and its quite distinctive window shape in the pics
    Dellboy54 wrote: »
    Anyone know whats happening with the Leeson Lounge? Passed yesterday and it was closed. Heard it was sold. Wonder will new owners keep the pub?

Definitely closed for the sale, had a specific final night of the music sessions and so on.. The buildings are protected so there can't be major changes but its in fairly poor nick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

gozunda wrote: »
    The oyster stout so named because of the use of oysters in the brewing process?

Indeed it is

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Dellboy54

The Darkhorse Blackrock was sold. Not sure if its going to be kept as a pub or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Wandered into Briodys last night for the first time since September and my my they've certainly gussied the place up. New paint and carpets and upholstery. Looks like the rumours of its demise are just that. Phew.

I know the owner personally. He's no intention of going anywhere;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Pinch Flat wrote: »

I go in to Briody’s one a month, great pint, no messers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Pinch Flat wrote: »

Aye. It was around the time of the Clery's messing that that was being rumoured.

I'm looking forward to my visit in a few weeks once the dry is done. :)

Licence is held by the Clerys development company, so I would presume its rented off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

HmVZqEC.jpg
    Former Beer Keeper changed. The first letter is B, sorry to disappoint

DL one I presume? Based on the Dublin/just about vaguely DL related name and also the code on the parking sign is a DLR one I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

L1011 wrote: »
    DL one I presume? Based on the Dublin/just about vaguely DL related name and also the code on the parking sign is a DLR one I think...
    Yep!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

snowblind wrote: »
    [IMG]https://i.imgur.com/HmVZqEC.jpg[/MG] Former Beer Keeper changed. The first letter is B, sorry to disappoint[/img]

Beer Keeper?

Was it that after Gilbert and Wrights? Used to be Smyths as well. I remember my first pint of Carlsberg in there well, ca. 2003. Yikes.

I worked in DL from 2008 until 2012 and I make a point of never visiting it if I can help it.

Yeah, was The Beer Keeper for about a year I think. Was connected to a place in Waterford that closed (before the general closure clearly.

Advertisement