Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pub Openings / Refurbs / Closing Thread - Mod Note Post #1

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

BeerNut wrote: »
    I'm gonna keep banging the the drum for The Chancery. It's on the edge of a lot of things :D The only other pub I know of for sale is The Quays, and that's slap in the middle.

How much are they looking for The Quays?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

They have a premises.
    Eventually. Is it pre-licensed?
    beertons wrote: »
    How much are they looking for The Quays?
    My mistake: it's only to let.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Eventually. Is it pre-licensed?

My mistake: it's only to let.

That rent seems far too low for that property?

Edit:

Where is this? Is it he old White Horse/Starbucks?

Or is it "Jaffa on the Quays" Café? that's the only unit on that row with outside seating besides Sweetmans?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I thought you meant The Fitzgerald group, The Quays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

That ad is from an estate agent who only ever puts in a vague description of the location - it is not The Quays pub. Although Fitzgerald is divesting elsewhere.

L1011 wrote: »
    That ad is from an estate agent who only ever puts in a vague description of the location - it is not The Quays pub. Although Fitzgerald is divesting elsewhere.

If click show the Google maps tab it lists the property as 8 Burgh Key. Which is "Jaffa on the Quay". Which has a wine license and permission for a restaurant. No full bar license though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

BrewDog Ireland put up this photo of Westin Airport, whatever that means...

32829079_1874624819501626_4880728881587290112_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=44f6c66a514a575e2e27c345bf863216&oe=5B8AF5F2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

irish_goat wrote: »
    BrewDog Ireland put up this photo of Westin Airport, whatever that means...

32829079_1874624819501626_4880728881587290112_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=44f6c66a514a575e2e27c345bf863216&oe=5B8AF5F2
    Lets start the rumour that they are buying Rye River just down the road from Weston.

Weston has an aerodrome liquour licence, could flog tickets for a spin in a c172 with every entry

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Weston has an aerodrome liquour licence, could flog tickets for a spin in a c172 with every entry

Is that old Buccaneer still out there? That would make your pints a whole lot more interesting. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

BrewDog Ireland put up this photo of Westin Airport, whatever that means...[/IMG]

Weston. I don't think Brewdog put up the photo, Niall Phelan did, presumably as it's his nearest airport, and to get tongues wagging.

It's not remotely close to being suitable for a Brewdog bar as it's essentially in the sticks.

An alternative theory is that Brewdog are going to hold some sort of beer festival or event there, as the owners of Weston have been diversifying with their activities of late.

n97 mini wrote: »
    Weston. I don't think Brewdog put up the photo, Niall Phelan did, presumably as it's his nearest airport, and to get tongues wagging.

Both him and BrewDog Ireland put it up.

Announcement coming this Friday from BrewDog. Sat 7th July being a date for the diary.

Announcement coming this Friday from BrewDog. Sat 7th July being a date for the diary.

It has to be an existing licence in that case because you have no way of guaranteeing a licence that quickly.

Any previous moves would probably have been reported on and I do have a Google alert for 'declaratory order' and 'licencing court' :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,872 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Beerhouse on capel St seems to be gone....... Shame if true, I'd started drinking there again recently......

It has to be an existing licence in that case because you have no way of guaranteeing a licence that quickly.

Any previous moves would probably have been reported on and I do have a Google alert for 'declaratory order' and 'licencing court' :pac:

Turns out its a festival type thing in Weston.

https://www.universe.com/events/brewdogs-cinematic-circus-tickets-lucan-WDRKXZ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

bizarre place to have it, literally zero transport options outside of taxi :/

bizarre place to have it, literally zero transport options outside of taxi :/

Maynooth bus goes near enough. 15 min walk.

The 67 runs right past and the 66 is walkable. 15 min frequency between them. Theyld very easily do shuttles to Louisa Bridge and Hazelhatch if they wanted

• Advertisement

The alternative theory I mentioned above proved correct (unfortunately, I might add).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

It's pretty random tbh.

Some would say... Stupid

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Beerhouse on capel St seems to be gone....... Shame if true, I'd started drinking there again recently......

Why do you say that? I think they have just started opening later.

n97 mini wrote: »
    Why do you say that? I think they have just started opening later.

The fact that they haven't been open at all this week, and the "kitchen" areas been stripped out, plus I've been told it by 2 unconnected people, might just be renovations but there's been no builders.......

hynesie08 wrote: »
    The fact that they haven't been open at all this week, and the "kitchen" areas been stripped out, plus I've been told it by 2 unconnected people, might just be renovations but there's been no builders.......

Ok, doesn't sound good!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

feylya wrote: »
    That was bought by the folks behind the Euston Tap afaik.

It was listed last night about ten minutes before I posted it here - I have Daft alerts (see sig, I have a reason for this)

It was suggested, as a joke, on here that they'd bought it.

I suspect they haven't. It isn't 'the edge of Temple Bar' or even close.

It was listed last night.
    It's been on the market for several weeks.

It's been on the market for several weeks.

I only buy the Times on Saturdays, that would have been in a Thursday edition... hard to figure out alerts for everything.

Regardless its pretty unlikely that you'd create a Daft listing for a sold premises.

Galway Bay owner tweeting that they've another northside bar/pizza place on the way.

• Advertisement

Galway Bay owner tweeting that they've another northside bar/pizza place on the way.

Cue TBN posting the chancery again :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

can you link to the tweet?

Beerhouse had pizza ovens, I believe...

it's literally just across the road from The Black Sheep but

Botanic House has been mentioned in dispatches...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Botanic house has signs up that they are opening in July. It's the same owners as Aqua Restaurant in Howth

http://botanichouse.ie/

If you're doing a 'concept' it shouldn't be too much trouble being too close to an existing one.

Botanic House website is registered to an unrelated company but that doesn't mean much

Hanlons Corner is the only other pub of size I can think of that's close. Sunset House is a bit small for food :pac:

Confirmed as the former Beerhouse.

Don't think they were proper pizza ovens, more like the combi ovens wetherspoons use, they've been stripped out anyway.

Botanic house would leave a lovely little area with gbb/porterhouse/bald eagle/Brian Boru all within a five minute walk of each other. Sweeney's off license as well.

Ignore that, just read beernuts post, this could be interesting.........

Guessed right for once

I'd think BoCo pretty much diagonally across the road is more of an issue for a craft & pizza pub than the Black Sheep which is usually rammed and doesn't do pizza.

• Advertisement

Liz Delaney's/The Blacker has had a lick of paint in the last week or so too...

Bought by the same crowd that bought the Cock and Bull in Raheny, I'm led to believe.

but they've just let the Coolock one go, I heard. hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Pixel Eater

Thought so; walk passed it a few times recently and it was closed each time. Shame as I liked that pub. Wonder what happened, seemed to get a decent crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,564 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

FFS I hope they've changed the locks since.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

Euston Tap crew are opening a Dublin Tap
    https://twitter.com/dublintap

Does anyone know *where* yet?

Signed, obsessive about open/closed pubs.

Seperately, both the Kings Inn and "Taproom 47" (The Tap) look 100% ready to go externally / what I could see internally from the Kings Inn but aren't open yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Pixel Eater

I noticed that they're working on Hanlon's Corner again, due to open in a few weeks. Got rid of the nice Gaelic type sign on the front unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

Hanlon's Corner opened at the weekend and Botanic House in Glasnevin is opening today. Botanic House was taken over by the people that own Aqua in Howth. Nice to see landmark buildings active again.

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/food-and-drink/two-high-profile-dublin-restaurants-open-this-week-1.3575964

Advertisement