Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic in Lucan!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Ffs. Stuck on the strawberry beds towards Lucan for over 30minutes today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Patww79 wrote: »
    I'd say it's a knock-on from the M50 being closed this morning.

It's mental, all back roads are fecked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,531 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Dropped the kids off at the childminder at 7.40 in the village. Took me 40mins to get from the Topaz through Strawberry Beds where I'm now stuck about 1km from the bottom of Knockmaroon Hill.
    What a start to the day... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,853 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Heroditas wrote: »
    Dropped the kids off at the childminder at 7.40 in the village. Took me 40mins to get from the Topaz through Strawberry Beds where I'm now stuck about 1km from the bottom of Knockmaroon Hill.

All traffic southbound on m50 diverted to lucan.

Link road was ok a bit heavier though.

No matter how bad of a start to the day it is for us, think of the people in the accident.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,531 ✭✭✭Heroditas

All traffic southbound on m50 diverted to lucan.

Link road was ok a bit heavier though.

No matter how bad of a start to the day it is for us, think of the people in the accident.

Yep, minor miracle the person is still alive, judging by the photos of the incident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Heroditas wrote: »

better than the person in the accident though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

EIREX wrote: »
    Sadly this is the legacy of the bad planning in the greater Lucan area in the late 90's early 2000's.

Recession took the edge off but as people return to work as things improve the 1970's road network can't cope.

I have to agree with this. Ok as Unkel says its badly managed. But ultimately they have built sprawling suburbs without the transport network to handle it. All those back roads are used as main roads and they all feed into bottle necks. This isn't new all these roads have been bad for decades.

These days the volume is vastly increased. So there's far more accidents, which because of the volume have a disproportionate impact on the traffic.

A crash on one side of the city or a change of sequence can effect traffic through the whole city.

It's not just Lucan. The increase in traffic recently is all over.

Advertisement