Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance - tell us your quotes/renewals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

And to add to the collection - my wifes insurance

Car: '98 Mazda 323F 1.5

NCD: 0 - too long without a policy so her earned NCD had elapsed. Has been a named driver on my policies for a lot of years so the insurance company took this into account and gave her credit for it. Think they gave her close to full NCD credit.

Licence: Full 10+ years, 0 points

Cover: Fully comp, step-back protection, me as named driver.

Best quote: €439 from AXA. Plenty of others simply wouldn't quote due to the age of the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭sporina

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    (Im post above yours 307)
    On another thread it was recommended i try BOI, so i did, got a online quote for
    €275 fully com tonight, so signed up for it on line,hope i filled in all the details right, but have 14 days to cancel with deposit refunded,i did get a extra 20% for being a BOI customer,might be worth a try for you.

thanks - will check it out - but i am not with BOI

sporina wrote: »
    thanks - will check it out - but i am not with BOI

hmm checked with BOI - €438 for non prestige comp = €470 for prestige comp = thats not bad - was not expecting that - i wonder if there is a catch?

BTW - so far, they are the only company to ask me for my employers number and email address - i wonder why what it? anyone know? not that it matters - just curious

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

hmm checked with BOI - €438 for non prestige comp = €470 for prestige comp = thats not bad - was not expecting that - i wonder if there is a catch?

BTW - so far, they are the only company to ask me for my employers number and email address - i wonder why what it? anyone know? not that it matters - just curious

Well at least it gave you a quote,on another thread i mention BOI some have tried it and it wont quote at all on old cars or a very high quote,wasn't sure if i put down wrong details,cant seem to go back and check, have to wait til monday to phone, but have gone ahead with policy and put down deposit now and have a policy number, are you a BOI customer?

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Well at least it gave you a quote,on another thread i mention BOI some have tried it and it wont quote at all on old cars or a very high quote,wasn't sure if i put down wrong details,cant seem to go back and check, have to wait til monday to phone, but have gone ahead with policy and put down deposit now and have a policy number, are you a BOI customer?

no i'm not

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Car: '11 Honda CR-Z GT

NCD: Full, 6 years on scale

Licence: Full 10+ years, 3 points

Cover: Fully comp, full protection, class 1 limited business use, comprehensive driving of other cars, 150 excess

Best Quote: 545 with Aviva through the AA

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭NickDunne

I've gotten quotes from BOI both online and on the phone and at no point was I asked for these details :confused:

Just on that point, don't bother ringing up, its only costs you money to ring whilst they babble on about the legal BS, only to have them ask you the EXACT same questions as the online form.

NickDunne wrote: »
    I've gotten quotes from BOI both online and on the phone and at no point was I asked for these details :confused:

Just on that point, don't bother ringing up, its only costs you money to ring whilst they babble on about the legal BS, only to have them ask you the EXACT same questions as the online form.

well i assume we were using the same websites? the q's were on the website - but near the end of the process - did you fill out info to the end on line? i have called them.. i have skype so calls are a penny..

PS If i cannot call them on skype i have been getting them to call me - a lot work that way anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Reading this thread . I hate to think what the MR2 is going to cost me this year now that its aged 16

€530 Fully Comp last year with 123, suppose we'll see what happens come May

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭d-don

Reading this thread . I hate to think what the MR2 is going to cost me this year now that its aged 16

€530 Fully Comp last year with 123, suppose we'll see what happens come May

My 1991 Celica gt4 was €260 cono cover last year for a year I wonder if it has gone up too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

I think it is going to be a very busy year for insurance company's,might need more staff to answer the phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

d-don wrote: »
    My 1991 Celica gt4 was €260 cono cover last year for a year I wonder if it has gone up too

Is that your primary car though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Sorted my MILs insurance today.

€463 fully comp with full bonus protection with FBD.

Driving a 1.2 152 Micra, 69 years old, full bonus, no claims.

She paid around €400 last year with 123, renewal was €555.

Couldn't get quoted through BOI or Zurich online,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Got my renewal on Friday. €454 fully comp NCB protected.

151 2l Insignia

72 years old.

I'm happy enough with that.

Got my renewal on Friday. €454 fully comp NCB protected.

151 2l Insignia

72 years old.

I'm happy enough with that.

with who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

with who?

Allianz but via a group scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭morritty

Car: 08 Mazda 6 1.8 Petrol

NCD: 4 Years

Licence: Full 5 Years, No Points

Cover: TFPT, 500 Excess

Best Quote: 840 Chill.ie or 1300 Fully comp.

Rang AA offered, 720 for Fully comp, Step-back protection and Fully comprehensive driving of other cars, 150 excess, I think I'll accept that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭baldshin

Just got my renewal letter from 25plus. Paid €550 last year fully comp. 29 years old, 7 years license and no claims, no penalty points. Car is a 00 1.6 Audi A3. I had feared the premium would rise given the age of the car. This years quote.....€3200!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

baldshin wrote: »
    Just got my renewal letter from 25plus. Paid €550 last year fully comp. 29 years old, 7 years license and no claims, no penalty points. Car is a 00 1.6 Audi A3. I had feared the premium would rise given the age of the car. This years quote.....€3200!!!

:eek: Biggest increase i've ever heard of. Don't think they want your business ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

I thought mine was bad last August when it doubled but holy crap! Thats staggering! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

29s old
    4 year No claims
    2015 Peugeot 2008 1.6 e-Hdi Access
    Located in Louth (most expensive place in the country for car insurance)

Last year's renewal was €320 fully comp with all the benefits. I was driving a 1 litre vw up. Changed to a 1.6 Peugeot 2008...

I work for a major insurance company and I get half price for my insurance. I haven't had my renewal yet from Glennons who I'm with at the minute but my price for my insurance from my employer is 780 with half price. So if I was getting it at full whack it would be 1500..

I hope my glennons price is better!!

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭curiosity

Be interesting to know how they pass it off if you contact them. As carzony said, that's a "take your custom elsewhere" renewal!

So, based on the above, are there any other companies that would be worth my while checking, ye think?

Hi so I tried a few other co's and 25plus offers me the best package.

But now they have asked if I want to protect my no claims bonus - bumps price from €381 - €409.

I never thought about this before - is it worth getting it? Is the protection transferable to other companies and other cars etc? I will change my car this year. Anything else I should know? I'm thinking there is probably some fine print I am not aware of.

Thanks

Hi so I tried a few other co's and 25plus offers me the best package.

But now they have asked if I want to protect my no claims bonus - bumps price from €381 - €409.

I never thought about this before - is it worth getting it? Is the protection transferable to other companies and other cars etc? I will change my car this year. Anything else I should know? I'm thinking there is probably some fine print I am not aware of.

Thanks

I went for it this year, cost me an extra 20 to protect them, i dont think it will transfer to different companies as you would be paying 25plus for this protection, but if you change car it should transfer.

morritty wrote: »
    I went for it this year, cost me an extra 20 to protect them, i dont think it will transfer to different companies as you would be paying 25plus for this protection, but if you change car it should transfer.

i suppose I mean, if I have to claim when I am with them, and then I move company, will the protection be recognised?

and if I have step back is it work protecting the NCD anyway?

gee - buying insurance is a learning curve

i suppose I mean, if I have to claim when I am with them, and then I move company, will the protection be recognised?

gee - buying insurance is a learning curve

I'm not 100% sure, i assume, for example if you have 4 yrs no claims now (protected) have a crash, all is settled then the next year you change company you should still have your bonus.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭9935452

morritty wrote: »

I dont see why it wouldnt . Any insurance company accepts anothers NCB.
    You will get your discount but when you disclose you had an accident or a claim you will get loaded because of this but you will get loaded regardless of having NCB protected or not.

Ok so they'll put the price up because you're a higher risk, but of course it'll still be discounted due to the bonus protection?

http://www.consumerhelp.ie/car-insurance

found the above - its really good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭d-don

Just got my renewal
    Male mid 30s with full licence years and full ncb and no accidents-claims-convictions . On a transit connect

It has gone from €350
    To renewal due next week of €525
    And that's through insure my van - inside my van no more it will be as I go look and see

Advertisement