Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance - tell us your quotes/renewals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭dodzy

KC161 wrote: »
    An update on these;

Got 3 quotes since posting here yesterday,

FBD 786e
    Britton 1251e
    Campion wouldn't quote.

The FBD price can probably be pushed down another bit i reckon, even as it stands that is only 36e more than what i paid last year.

AXA will need to do some serious work to keep me for a 10th consecutive year in this case.

Try Allianz too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

dodzy wrote: »
    Try Allianz too.

They quoted €913.

Queue the calls tomorrow
    'Hello KC I see you got a quote online with us recently' rubbish.

It doesn't change by much.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭stevveyg

Car:vauxhall vectra 147bhp
    Years driving : 10
    9 ncb
    8 penalty points
    wife on policy.

Munster Group :944
    Kennco: 1015
    Quote devil : 900

Just started ringing around this morning, my quote for 2 penalty points was 753 so im surprised the extra 6 points didnt blow my price through the roof..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭vandriver

stevveyg wrote: »
    Car:vauxhall vectra 147bhp
    Years driving : 10
    9 ncb
    8 penalty points
    wife on policy.

Munster Group :944
    Kennco: 1015
    Quote devil : 900

Just started ringing around this morning, my quote for 2 penalty points was 753 so im surprised the extra 6 points didnt blow my price through the roof..
    Perhaps at 8 points they think you'll be extra careful so you don't lose your license?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭stevveyg

vandriver wrote:
    Perhaps at 8 points they think you'll be extra careful so you don't lose your license?

And they are 100% right!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭florawest

09 VW POLO 1.4 with One Direct (Aviva) for over 12 years

€850 renewal for me (f) age 52 and 21 year old son, full licence 2 years in June.

Rang Axa pleasant surprise €700 for both of us same package, fully protected no claims bonus included.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

10 Focus 1.6 TDCi fully comp with Liberty

€665 renewal for myself.

Allianz €590
    AVIVA €569

BOI €470 - Prestige policy

Haven't called Liberty yet but I doubt they'll match BOI.

Can't get over BOIs price. I've checked and rechecked policy/T&Cs and all seems in order. Seems too good to be true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

citykat wrote: »
    Can't get over BOIs price. I've checked and rechecked policy/T&Cs and all seems in order. Seems too good to be true.

BOI appeared to offer the most competitive quotes on this thread last year, so I was pretty much expecting them to take a hit and offer unattractive rates to jettison customers 12 months on.

Renewal came back in from Aviva recently

Male 42
    No points
    Years driving: 15
    Max NCB
    2009 Ford Focus
    Wife on Policy too

Fully Comp renewal= €405

Rang to renew just there and without even asking was reduced to €384.
    Sold

Yamanoto wrote: »
    BOI appeared to offer the most competitive quotes on this thread last year, so I was pretty much expecting them to take a hit and offer unattractive rates to jettison customers 12 months on.

Completely forgot about them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭Ryath

Ryath wrote: »

Car: 16 Opel Zafira 1.6
    NCD: 9years+

Licence: 10 years

Cover: Fully comp

Got my renewal from aviva €562.5 changed to them last year and payed €379 on a 08 Mondeo. Only had a chance to check a few looking like I may not do better.

Axa €810
    Liberty €740.37
    Chill €690
    AA wouldn't give me online qoute? :confused:

Renewal day so had to make a decision had checked a few others was getting 600-700 plus. OneDirect/An Post were pretty good at €492 but were much dearer when I added my father in law as a named driver. They did offer open drive for around €560 but he turn's 70 later in the year so it wouldn't cover him for long. It could be last year I can have him named the way they load insurance. Not really fair he's not your average pensioner driver. He's driving since 14 as an apprentice mechanic looks 10 years younger than he is and is probably in better shape than most men in their 50's. I know his own insurance has jumped a nice bit this year. Rarely drives my car but it's handy to have him covered.

Had tried Bank of Ireland website a few week ago but it wouldn't quote me. Have house insurance with them so tried again today pretty happy €496 with no claims protection and father in law didn't add anything. Added the legal protection for €21 think it's worth it? Handy that you can pay instalments too with no interest or admin charges 2 months up front then 10 monthly payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 venlo

renewal 1875

car; 1987 ford xr3i

fair enough in todays insuranc market

thru broker

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

venlo wrote: »
    renewal 1875

car; 1987 ford xr3i

fair enough in todays insuranc market

thru broker

Wow I'm paying that for trade. Can drive anything.

Wow I'm paying that for trade. Can drive anything.

Private or commercial or both?

This always interested me.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 gaffer falls

99 mazda 323
    age 62, retired, full licence, 5+ years no claims , no penalty points, sole driver
    €495 Aviva renewal
    Probably wont do better, Any suggestions where I might look?

99 mazda 323
    age 62, retired, full licence, 5+ years no claims , no penalty points, sole driver
    €495 Aviva renewal
    Probably wont do better, Any suggestions where I might look?

AXA,FBD?

Allianz quotes are decent, your car might be too old though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Private or commercial or both?

This always interested me.

All.

All.

Cheap in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mickoneill31

Got a renewal quote from Nononsense for €347 comprehensive.
    I can't see why it's so cheap. The cheapest other quote we got was €740. With some going above €1000. Exact same criteria.
    This isn't much use to posters here though. I asked if I could change my policy and they said itd require a new policy and they're not doing new policies. So I just renewed.

We've a 1L 161D Ford Fiesta ecoboost. 2 drivers on the policy with full ncb.

Got a renewal quote from Nononsense for €347 comprehensive.
    I can't see why it's so cheap. The cheapest other quote we got was €740. With some going above €1000. Exact same criteria.
    This isn't much use to posters here though. I asked if I could change my policy and they said itd require a new policy and they're not doing new policies. So I just renewed.

We've a 1L 161D Ford Fiesta ecoboost. 2 drivers on the policy with full ncb.

They don't do new policies i think? :confused:

Renewals only?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tonkpills

Car type and engine: 141 Ford Fiesta 1.25
    Years driving: 9 months (including provisional)
    Any claims: 0 claims
    Price and provider:
    €2,009.10 - Liberty Insurance
    €2,019.36 - 25+
    €2,143.15 - AXA

Went with Liberty in the end with a named driver (FQ 9+ years and no claims).

Did the same quote with Liberty with one year's experience and one year driving no claims and it shot down to €770.98 :confused:

Let's hope that's my renewal next year but something is telling me it's not :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

1 year ncb can do miracles.
    When i took my first Irish insurance out, i had lost all my Dutch ncb and hardly anyone would quote me.
    Ended up with FBD for 3rd party only, at €1150
    1 year later, everybody quoted me and ended up with €650 for FC with... whoever (had 6 different ones in 8 years)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Renewal is up soon. Model risk with no pp's.

Quoted €545 for a 161 Fiesta ST. Changed it last week and the revised renewal is now €615 for a 171 Focus 1.5TDCI!

I reckon I can get it down under €500. Watch this space.....

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

smeal wrote: »
    Female
    23 years
    Full Licence 4 years
    NCB- 4 years
    04 Opel Astra Petrol
    Last Year: Its4Women €375.00 deposit with 10 monthly payments of €68.00= TOTAL=€1,055.00 for TPFT
    Renewal: €999.73 (added my parents and it brought it down to €940.50) no deposit and 10 monthly payments of €103.46. Not too bad considering..

Haven't shopped around much but 123 have quoted €1,934.76 for TPFT!! I'll try another few but I am positive that my renewal is the best I will get!

UPDATE: The Underwriter with Its4Women is AIG at €940.50 however AIG directly quoted me €2,760.88!!!

UPDATE: I settled with my renewal with Its4Women.ie at €900.50. Got a further €40.00 off with online voucher coder i4w40 if anyone is interested! Most expensive I came across was Liberty with €2,178.60 for TPFT. Aviva quoted me €866.00 but wanted the full payment and don't offer direct debit payments but unfortunately I just don't have that money! Thank Goodness that's it over for another year....

Renewal premium just came in the door,€848.

2nd cheapest to date, they dropped over €300 last year to keep me.

Might try the same this year.

If I renew it will be for a 10th consecutive year.

N.B

I have just come off the phone from them, they aren't willing to reduce it any further as on the back of the renewal they pointed out that the original quote for renewal was €1075.

They gave me a loyalty discount of almost €300.

So now I am left to decide,

AXA for €848
    FBD for €763

Renewal premium just came in the door,€848.

2nd cheapest to date, they dropped over €300 last year to keep me.

Might try the same this year.

If I renew it will be for a 10th consecutive year.

N.B

I have just come off the phone from them, they aren't willing to reduce it any further as on the back of the renewal they pointed out that the original quote for renewal was €1075.

They gave me a loyalty discount of almost €300.

So now I am left to decide,

AXA for €848
    FBD for €763

try ringing Aviva directly

TheTorment wrote: »
    try ringing Aviva directly

They quoted me €2000

AXA have just dropped to €800, a €50 increase on last year.

That includes the O/H on a learner permit.

They quoted me €2000

AXA have just dropped to €800, a €50 increase on last year.

That includes the O/H on a learner permit.

Christ!!

Looking at the majority of posts here I am beginning to realise that Im getting a terrific quote at €380 odd. I hadnt realised that people were being fleeced so badly at all.

TheTorment wrote: »
    Christ!!

Looking at the majority of posts here I am beginning to realise that Im getting a terrific quote at €380 odd. I hadnt realised that people were being fleeced so badly at all.

Cheapest i ever had it was 550 for F.C in 2015
    highest i ever paid was 2100 TPFT when i started out in 2004.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,172 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Cheapest i ever had it was 550 for F.C in 2015
    highest i ever paid was 2100 TPFT when i started out in 2004.

Cheapest I had was 2011, RSA, €373, 3l Jag, for full comp, windscreen/breakdown/legal-and-personal, as well as full-comp on other cars, uinlimited. They were the days. :D

Advertisement