Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email notification but no PM

Options
  • 24-08-2015 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭

Having a weird problem that appears to be the opposite of one people have encountered in the past: I received an email notification about having received a PM but when I come to the site to check, there's none.

Have I been searching for the wrong things, been unlucky with my searches or has this not happened before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Frigating

Was that one about "new site to discuss Boards posters" and then a fishy link, because I just received that as well. No PM, just the email, which makes me think hackers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Cuban Pete

Yes, that's it. What's most confusing is that it appears to have been sent by someone who was at one point a user (because using the search function autofills their name) but isn't now (they aren't on the user list and searching for posts by them returns no results).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

It's not hackers, jebus... :)

It's some gobshite who keeps signing up to pm spam people who's account we keep nuking and our software gives us an option to delete every PM they've sent. I don't know why they're so obsessed with coming to our site and trying to get people to go to their site where all they do is badmouth us, but hey, who can figure out the motivations of warped individuals like that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement