Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

He said he needs a few days to himself?

• 24-08-2015 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

Me and my bf had a big fight at the weekend. I tried talking to him via text last night but he said it was too late so today I didn't message at all, tonight he messaged and said he wants a few days to himself. I've decided not to message back, I mean what's the point. I'm worried though he never does this, could he be trying to get a rise out of me because neither one of us texted first today? If not what does it mean then? Is he slowly breaking up with me?

Comments

What was the big fight about? We can't help you much, without any background.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭misscpmfan

What was the big fight about? We can't help you much, without any background.

It involved alcohol, being too drunk and arguing about stupid stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

If I remember correctly this is an ongoing issue with you and your boyfriend. Maybe he's trying to break the cycle or maybe he does want to break up. All you can do is respect his request and then have an honest open conversation (not argument) with him when he's ready to talk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

You haven't given us much info to work with. So you guys had a drunken fight, and you text to make amends and he said it was too late? too late to apologise as in you should've done it earlier or too late at night to discuss it? If he said he needs a few days I would definitely reply and say 'Yeah, I understand, that's fine, let me know when you wanna talk.'. I think that not replying shows you don't care too much, whereas if you reply and give him his space, he'll appreciate it. Whose fault was the fight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

I just scanned through two of your other threads. In one of them you complained about your boyfriend being disrespectful and the other was about alcohol turning you into a psycho. Going by those two threads alone it doesn't surprise me that things have come to this. The pair of you don't seem to be capable of behaving like mature adults.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

He asked for space, give him space

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭OneOfThem

I'd agree with Cazzer. Just not replying seems a bit snide and childish. Text him to say you understand he needs time and space, that that's OK, and ask him to meet up in a few days so you two can talk.

Then stop drinking alcohol. Look, some people can have a few drinks, have a good time, chill out and relax. You clearly clearly can't. You're a mean and aggressive drunk by the sound of things, and aren't drinking out of choice. Go to AA, seek counselling, whatever. You getting locked and aggressive is ending your relationship, it'll end most any relationship you have. Drink doesn't suit some people. It doesn't sound like it suits you. If it starts negatively impacting your life, and you continue to drink, then you're an alcoholic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭mbradso2003

misscpmfan wrote: »
    Me and my bf had a big fight at the weekend. I tried talking to him via text last night but he said it was too late so today I didn't message at all, tonight he messaged and said he wants a few days to himself. I've decided not to message back, I mean what's the point. I'm worried though he never does this, could he be trying to get a rise out of me because neither one of us texted first today? If not what does it mean then? Is he slowly breaking up with me?

Give him the few days OP. Maybe after the few days he'll realise how much he misses you or how much you miss him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

I can't post links because my post count isn't high enough. There is one the op put up recently where her boyfriend didn't cover himself in glory either. There's a pair of them in it. That sort of relationship is just too much hard work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Hey OP. I'm going to apologise in advance, because I really think you'll hate what I have to say.

I don't think you should be in a relationship.

You've had three threads about relationships in as many weeks. One about your mother expecting your boyfriend to bring you EVERYWHERE. One where you acted the maggot, pushed and pushed til he snapped and you wanted him to apologise, and now one where he finally had enough and asked for space.

From reading your threads, it seems that although you say your mother has no bearing on your relationships and you understand healthy relationships, you don't actually.

This is your first relationship, so naturally you don't know a lot about relationship etiquette.

However, refusing to go bowling because your boyfriend wasn't sure of his plans, expecting to be invited everywhere, getting drunk and fighting, then ignoring him when he asks for space - none of this is normal. It's clingy, needy, childish behaviour.

I think you need to speak to a counsellor and learn about boundaries. I also think you need to get out and make your own friends, because you seem totally reliant on your boyfriend and his friends as a social outlet.

In short, I think this relationship is going nowhere unless you both grow up a fair bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

OP, I'm closing this thread. PI/RI isn't here for venting/stream of consciousness purposes. You evidently have issues in your relationship so I suggest you sort them out with your boyfriend rather than posting here every time there's an altercation. Wishing you well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement