Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns in Ireland

Options
  • 24-08-2015 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Before I ask this I'd just like to state that I am not homicidal in any way haha and I am pretty much against guns.
    Now that we cleared that up-if someone in Ireland wanted a gun, how would they go about getting one? Legally and illegally ? Thanks

Comments

Legally, not that difficult. Apply for a licence, and if successful, get yourself to a licensed firearms dealer. Farmers up and down the country keep shotguns after all.

Illegally, ask someone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

Legally: Contact your local gun club, Gun dealer or Firearms Officer in your nearest Garda Station.

Illegally: Actually not as hard as some people think. The problem is, if you went about such a scenario, most likely you will be getting a stolen weapon and/or one that was used in a ****ty situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

You need to receive a licence before you are entitled to own a gun. Simple apply have the paper work processed and you can get one. Would not encourage it though. Society needs to have less weapons in peoples hands not more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Legally, not that difficult. Apply for a licence, and if successful, get yourself to a licensed firearms dealer. Farmers up and down the country keep shotguns after all.

Illegally, ask someone else.Steal from above....but be warned they have a gun, so probably not the best idea.
    FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Legally, ask in Shooting forum.
    Illegally, ask some scumbag off the street and try not to get robbed, stabbed or killed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

MOD: The good folks at in the Shooting forum would probably be your best bet for learning about legal firearms in Ireland.

Asking for information on how to obtain illegal firearms will get you site banned fairly quickly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement